Comics genext disscusion thread

house of f

Reaction score
:xmen:

http://www.newsarama.com/marvelnew/Genext/claremont.htm

and from the comic con pulse:

GeNext was the winner of the online poll that decided the new book Claremont will write. Saying that about 20,000 people voted for it on the poll, Claremont then said that if those people actually buy the book, it will succeed. The book centers around the X-Men aging in real time, with the X-Men being the fourth or fifth generation of X-Men and part of the “Morrison Generation.” He then noted that the original X-Men would be in their 40s and 50s, the All-New, All-Different X-Men would be in their 40s, the New Mutants would be in their 30s, the Generation X team would be “pushing 30.” He also said two things that should be known about GeNext are that Jean Grey is dead, and that the 90s never happened. He later explained that the Claremont-Lee X-Men #3 will serve as the “breaking point” between the regular X-Men series and GeNext. The rest of the MU has also aged, and there’s the possibility that the children of other Marvel characters will be featured in the series.

whos her dad:xmen:
Becky_Monroe1a.jpg

i hope this means he wasnt sent to the futre, and i hope he has a brothers or sisters:xmen:
Cable_1a.jpg

:xmen:

nice uniform,and he looks realy cool
Kid_Colossus_1a.jpg

http://www.newsarama.com/NYCC/Marvel/X-Men/report.htm

How long is this book going to run? 6-issues? 12-issues? 18-issues? When does this book come out? June-ish?

I hope Kid Colossus isn't his real codename. I also hope he is the son of Piotr & Kitty. I'd guess he's around 17-18.

Cable looks cool...no techno-virus, right?

Becky Monroe...hmmm...I'd go with Forge or Bishop as the father.

WalkingDead said:
How long is this book going to run? 6-issues? 12-issues? 18-issues? When does this book come out? June-ish?

I hope Kid Colossus isn't his real codename. I also hope he is the son of Piotr & Kitty. I'd guess he's around 17-18.

Cable looks cool...no techno-virus, right?

Becky Monroe...hmmm...I'd go with Forge or Bishop as the father.

GENEXT #1 (OF 5)
Written by CHRIS CLAREMONT
Penciled by PATRICK SCHERBERGER
Cover by DOUG ALEXANDER
Who are the children of the X-Men? And what happened to the original team, Professor X and Magneto after over 30 years of conflict, victories, and tragedies? Chris Claremont answers all in the Fan’s choice from Marvel.com’s “Claremont’s Next X-Men Project” poll.
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$2.99

And it will debut in June.

Also, Kid Colossus is the same kid that Pete had with the one woman in the Savage Land.

i hope foreg is beckys dad and as i have heard kc is from the savage land but peter senior mite have had a kid with kitty we dont no till june.

Specter313 said:
Kid Colossus is the same kid that Pete had with the one woman in the Savage Land.

SONUVA...NNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

Damn it all. I was really hoping Piotr and Kitty would have a child. *sigh*
You sure about this?

house of f said:
i wounder if in genext the legacy virus never existed

It doesn't, the time line that GeNext follows split off before the whol Stryfe crap

WalkingDead said:

You sure about this?
No. It's speculation.

I was one of the people voting for this, and I'll be picking it up.

I voted for it alos it sounded interesting.

WalkingDead said:

You sure about this?

Yes, Claremont confirmed it at Comic Con. It's in my thread on the subject so you can see for yourself.

Wel kid Colossus might not be Kitty's child, but she may have had a child with Colossus.

house of f said:
please post link

It's on this page, dude. You know, the one that says Comic Con in the title. I don't think I need to hold your hand to find it.

do reckon they'll present a version of Nocturne? As Nightcrawlers daughter?

ghost113 said:
becky does look mixed.
How can you tell?! All but one of Storm's love interests weren't African!! That's not helping!! What is wrong with you?! I'm only lashing out because I want answers, and it's nothing personal toward you!!!! :p

Seriously, I hope Forge is the father. He's Storm's only true love.

And here's hoping that's Kitty's son, and not some Savage Land ho.

Who else could potentially have children in this story, or are these the only three? Because I'd like to see Brian and Meggan's kids, Kurt & Daytripper's, Anna (it's Claremont. You just know he's going to use Rogue's real name) and Remy's, Alex and Lorna's, Bobby and Lorna's after Lorna has a one night stand, ect.

Manic said:
And here's hoping that's Kitty's son, and not some Savage Land ho.

Grr.

Speaking more on GeNext, Claremont revealed that "Peter Jr." is a new kid in town, relative to the Westchester mutants, and is one of the group of young mutants that heads out to see the world. And by "new kid in town," yes, Claremont means that he's Peter Jr. from the Savage Land.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"