Ghost Rider 2 underway

The Ones

Sidekick
Reaction score
http://www.superheroflix.com/news/21/17621.php

At a press-event for Sony Pictures and Marvel Entertainment's Ghost Rider, producer Avi Arad announced that talks are now underway to develop a sequel to the action-packed superhero movie starring Nicolas Cage and Eva Mendes.

Cage would once again portray stunt cyclist Johnny Blaze who has sold his soul to the devil. By day, Johnny is a die-hard stunt rider... but at night, in the presence of evil, he becomes the Ghost Rider, a bounty hunter of rogue demons, forced to do the devil's bidding.

Arad was joined by Director Mark Steven Johnson and producer Gary Foster at the press event and since Arad made the comment alongside Johnson and Foster, it seems likely that all three are in the discussions for the sequel.

The Ghost Rider is one of Nicholas Cages favorite comics and he is very passionate about playing the character and would be eager to come back for future installments.

Doh!...i just posted this in the Spoiler section.
beat me to it The Ones! heh

What? Already? The movie hasn't even been released yet!

Not like I'm complaining, BRING IT ON!

Great news but it is crazy when they confirm sequels when the first is unreleased.

SWEET!!! We have a wait now lol

OMG! And with the actual movie clothes relation between GR and the host could it be possible this time to have also teh jumpsuit? That would be sweet!!
Yay! Let the speculation begins!

Wow, thanks for the news. I hope the original films sells more than 400 million so Sony kan give a 200 million budget to the sequel. And if MSJ returns for the sequel... Thee only thing that I hope to see in GR2 is The Vengence and some "Road to Damnation" hell parts.

Holy ****ing hell...

YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!

BRING IT THE F;CK ON! YES!

As long as MSJ is there along with Cage and Mendes (and Elliot, Fonda, Bentley, etc.) I am all for the sequel, and hopefully this means Vengeance and/or Scarecrow WILL see the big screen after all.

CAH

There ya go Flamehead, a reason for another countdown thread ;) And I remember you saying we will have nothing to talk about

No disrespect toward Ghost Rider, but should MSJ and Marvel do Daredevil 2 first?

No disrespect toward Ghost Rider, but should MSJ and Marvel do Daredevil 2 first?
...No, GR2 first.

Marvel needs to find someone else to do the DD franchise.

CAH

There ya go Flamehead, a reason for another countdown thread ;) And I remember you saying we will have nothing to talk about

Yup, that's awesome. Now I can waste another 4 years on the internet talking about Ghost Rider. LoL.

I wouldn't have it any other way!

I wouldnt call it a waste Flamehead. 4 years talking about your favourite character, unless it was sarcasmistic.

Come on Flame...you know you're going to love the wait for GR2...I know I will!

Maybe I'll get to go to that premiere...:p

CAH

Of course, I was only bein' silly about the waste thing.... but, I have spent a hell of a lot of hours here, no doubt about that.

Alright GR2 now all they have to do is make it Melbourne & i'll be a happy man.

Alright GR2 now all they have to do is make it Melbourne & i'll be a happy man.

Screw that. Make it in Canada. Have Ghost Rider in the snow....

Actually, now that the thought is in my head, that probably would be pretty awesome for a scene or two... Ghost Rider and his bike in the snow, I mean.

Perfect! The Santa Claus 4! GR takes over! Muwahaha Jinggle bells on the Hell cycle, GR dons a firey beard, dashing through the snow! Take THAT Polar Express!

Screw that. Make it in Canada. Have Ghost Rider in the snow....

Actually, now that the thought is in my head, that probably would be pretty awesome for a scene or two... Ghost Rider and his bike in the snow, I mean.

Ghost Rider Hellfire + Snow =
bahamas_main.jpg

It would be great IMO if Ghost Rider got a sequel with MSJ directing.
However there are two things that need to be considered

1 MSJ is working on Preacher. I'm not entirely sure but didn't MSJ say that he would be involved in at least directing the first episode and definately be aboard for the whole series ?
Mebbe as writer/producer . It's still a very difficult to combine two different properties , being a director of Ghost Rider and at the same time be producer of Preacher. I mean you can be producing and directing/writing the same movie but not two different movies.
So maybe MSJ will do the majority work on Preacher first and then GR 2

2 The VFX. Now it's only now that the VFX can do realistic flames. Part of the delay of Ghost Rider was also that the VFX took such a long time to render as well as the fact that they had to begin almost from scratch when their first CG work didn't perform to expectations.
The groundwork has been laid down in terms of tehnology and there's always room for improvement.
With (hopefully) good praise of the movie , will SOny again wait for so long to release a Ghost Rider movie ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"