Ghost Rider: Movie Reviews

i dunno. didnt rele notice if it sucked or not. i mean if it did, its hard to notice when everything else about the movie sucks so much.

i dunno. didnt rele notice if it sucked or not. i mean if it did, its hard to notice when everything else about the movie sucks so much.

Just thought I'd let you know.......negativity causes people to have shorter life spans. It also makes your feet stink.

well looks like im gunnah drop dead pretty soon with some stinky feet.

oh and why did you single Me out? what? Shot Gun Guy's comment about how he thinks the CGI sucking isnt negative? or how about the other fine folk here who have negative opinions about the movie in whatever way eh?

well looks like im gunnah drop dead pretty soon with some stinky feet.

oh and why did you single Me out? what? Shot Gun Guy's comment about how he thinks the CGI sucking isnt negative? or how about the other fine folk here who have negative opinions about the movie in whatever way eh?

I have no idea who shotgun guy is....so don't blame anything on him.

I singled you out....because you were there. How's that for a grand paranoid conspiracy?

I'm always speaking out against negativity all over this site, in every forum....saying it here is nothing new for me. As I have said many times in many threads....being disappointed in something and voicing your displeasure is one thing.....but the way many people act on here with their constant bashing and attacks on things is simply sad.

So wash them socks in some sweet smelling soap.

Well, there is a difference between being negative and giving constructive criticism. But truth be told - the script was poor, the dialogue juvenile, the set pieces predictable and the characterizations pedestrian. The only thing that really saved the movie was combination of Nic Cage's performance which was sort of quirky, and the GR's inherent heritage as a character. I hope they make a sequel and I hope that Nic comes back but that Mendes and MSJ sit this one out. The sequel should exploit its horror action angle a bit more.

I enjoyed Daredevil, especially the director's cut - and I genuinely think MSJ is a nice guy, given his passion for the source material and contribution on these boards. Now, am I being negative or just telling it like it is?

Well, there is a difference between being negative and giving constructive criticism. But truth be told - the script was poor, the dialogue juvenile, the set pieces predictable and the characterizations pedestrian. The only thing that really saved the movie was combination of Nic Cage's performance which was sort of quirky, and the GR's inherent heritage as a character. I hope they make a sequel and I hope that Nic comes back but that Mendes and MSJ sit this one out. The sequel should exploit its horror action angle a bit more.

I enjoyed Daredevil, especially the director's cut - and I genuinely think MSJ is a nice guy, given his passion for the source material and contribution on these boards. Now, am I being negative or just telling it like it is?

That wasn't what I call an example of negativity. It was a well thought out and written review of the movie....and it wasn't positive towards it.

When I talk about negativity....I mean the people who constantly pop in everywhere and say "It sucks"...."It was crap"...."The director needs to die".....that kind of thing (I think you get the idea). It's not the opinion expressed....but HOW it is expressed.

Well I wish Marc would come in. I loved the movie, watched the dvd 3 X's since I got it.

If you like the old Monster movies you'll like GR. I love the old monster movies.

Here's my review:

I just watched the movie again today. My opinion still hasn't changed. It got worse on the second viewing. Cage must be in serious need of cash. Where did it all go wrong? Let's see:

1. The director: Why do they keep hiring this guy? They need to hire someone with an actual vision and actual talent. Sam Raimi is a perfect example.

2. The effects: They were alright, but it looked too much like a video game at some points.

3. The casting: Cage was the star of the movie of course, but he seriously needs to find some new line of work. He's not even trying anymore. Eva Mendes has some nice cleavage and that's about it. Wes Bentley was totally miscast as Blackheart.

4. The villains: Does Ghost Rider have any worthy foes? I suppose Blackheart is, but he sure as bad place didn't put up much of a fight. Where was the menacing Blackheart from the comics? Not here. His lackies were a joke. Batman could put up more of fight than these guys.

The movie still gets a 5/10 from me. This movie is very flawed, but I can't say I was entertained at all. It's pretty much on par with Superman Returns, The Hulk, and Elektra, IMO.

Just thought I'd let you know.......negativity causes people to have shorter life spans. It also makes your feet stink.
So basically you're saying this movie sucked so bad, people will die sooner because of it?

And smell worse?

If you like the old Monster movies you'll like GR. I love the old monster movies.
I LOVED THE OLD MONSTER MOVIES!!!!!!!! That's why I loved Van Helsing. This movie on the other hand was terrible. That's like saying if you loved Star Wars than you'd love Pluto Nash.

I LOVED THE OLD MONSTER MOVIES!!!!!!!! That's why I loved Van Helsing. This movie on the other hand was terrible. That's like saying if you loved Star Wars than you'd love Pluto Nash.
AHAHA. pluto nash.

MY REVIEW

Let me start by saying that Daredevil was pretty much a pile of dung so I didn't expect much from GhostRider but I did expect it too be better than DD because honestly it couldn't get much worse...right? WRONG!

Ghostrider starts off lame enough but not too bad...kinda like DD...actually it starts off almost exactly like DD. After Johnny grows up the movie just turns into a peice of trash. They replaced the hot guy with Nic Cage who is playing a bored version of himself and then Wes Bently shows up and gives one of the worse performaces ever, it was so bad that my sister and I laughed everytime he came on screen. Eva Mendes shows up to give Wes a run for his money but she can't quite give as awful a performance as he does...sucks to be her, huh?

Like DD this movie suffers from over designed sets and awful confusing camera work that once and for shows me that MSJ is atleast the second worse director working today.

The costumes are awful and silly looking, way over the top. The dialogue is terrible and the special effects are some of the worse seen in a big budget movie. I hated or disliked just about everything in this movie... it was so bad and uninteresting that I just kept wondering how that hot young guy at the first part grew up to look like Nic Cage. I might have been easier on the film if they had given me some eye candy through out and had actually fetured some actual ACTION! But no we get two second fight scenes from a poorly acted poorly rendered CGI skull. Kewl dude!

This would be the worse comicbook movie ever if Spawn didn't exist.

3/10. The movie atleast made me laugh.

i dunno. spawn did suck, but so do the comics. it was made the same way most of image comics are done,all show and no substance. the GR movie was kinda done the same way, except even lamer. msj is like the todd mcfarlane of comic movie directors.

So basically you're saying this movie sucked so bad, people will die sooner because of it?
And smell worse?
Nope.....I'm saying that people who spend their lives acting negatively all the time will have a shorter lifespan than the people who are predominately positive.

really. now is that yer opinion or has there been some kind of study that shows ppl who mainly think negatively are at risk of a shortened lifespan?

I agree.

This movie sucked, but Nash was the epitome of suckish :woot:

That's a study for........"Vietnam War Veterans"

Doesn't really apply to anyone here. They had a pretty bad life anyway:cwink:

That is just one study, there are many more.....he asked if there was scientific proof....I provided some.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"