Ghost Rider: Road To Damnation

As sad as it is to think that issue 6 is comin' soon... that cover is so awesome that I can't find the words to explain. Brilliant!

indeed... though im loving this series..i had originally planned on picking up at least the first issue... it hooked me.. great story.. hope to see some more in the future

i would image two perosnalities in one body would be kinda crappy and lead to cliched story lines

Is anyone finding that the whole pace of this mini is seriously screwed up, I keep thinking I hope the next one is better. Of course the art is nothing short of amazing but I'm really not to impressed with the rest. Oh well maybe the next one will be better.

Uncanny Orb said:
Is anyone finding that the whole pace of this mini is seriously screwed up, I keep thinking I hope the next one is better. Of course the art is nothing short of amazing but I'm really not to impressed with the rest. Oh well maybe the next one will be better.

I've been feeling similarly about the whole thing myself. I'm not hating it, but I'm not thrilled either.

Personally, with the way the art portrays him and the way he speaks, he seems kinda........weak to me. I'm not sold on the art, but it does look better than kaniuga's, sam kieth, and pop mahn's renditions. The pic of GR on the last page of #4 showing panels from upcoming issue looks pretty damn good though(side view on bike).

Actually, I always loved Sam Keith's rendition of GR. Tried to emulate it a few times in the past (and failed). Anyhoo, onto the comic.

The story so far has been disappointing, and the part where [spolier]the angel rips the brain out of the soilder was just sad to see, Caine really flubbed on that one[/spoiler]. The writing of this story just doesn't flow well. I was told by countless comic fans that this writer was golden and this should be a fantastic story, and yet here I sit, reading the comic, hoping to the story has less pages than usual just so I can put the damn thing down already. As magnificant the art is, the writing just does not make the story worth it.

Awesome cover! But...why does his skull look metallic?

I thought the first issue was fantastic. The rest have been kinda.... meh. We're on the fourth of six issues and nothing big has happened. We saw GR fight for a few panels, and that was it. It almost seems to me like Ennis had this story a long time ago and never made it. Then one day Marvel called for him to do a GR mini, so he slapped Ghosty in the middle of this story that had nothing to do with either Ghost Rider. Like the other guy said, maybe the next one will be good.

Well, one thing to say, the covers for this series have been spectacular.

I like the idea of Ghost Rider using a maul to club his opponents. Just feels right (especially after that whole chain from mouth panel). Only problem I have with it is that it looks to have more flames than Ghostie's skull.

I just noticed that the wheel has no spokes on it. It looks free floating.

FlameHead said:
As sad as it is to think that issue 6 is comin' soon... that cover is so awesome that I can't find the words to explain. Brilliant!

I can...

"Don't **** with Ghost Rider"!

Was awesome. Best issue yet. That pic when Ghost Rider is on his bike was the most badass thing I've seen yet. Also, they gave some pretty sweet clues to Ghostie's future in the letters page.

ps. Congrats to Flame-Head for getting his letter printed!!!!!

Was awesome. Best issue yet. That pic when Ghost Rider is on his bike was the most badass thing I've seen yet. Also, they gave some pretty sweet clues to Ghostie's future in the letters page.

theescapeclause said:

What?? Are you serious? I haven't had time to get to my local shop and pick it up yet so, this is news to me! Are you sure it's my letter?

I'm pretty sure. It said your name and was from Newfoundland. The guy said he spends hours online talking about Ghost Rider. It talked about how much they liked the series, then they gave 'em a little hell for not putting out #94 of vol. 2. If it's not you, sorry for getting you hopes up!! :(

Yup, that's my letter! Unless of course there is another guy from Newfoundland who said pretty much exactly what I did.

Did they print my name? Stephen Harris? Could have been Steve Harris too I guess. I only recently started going by Stephen, professionally anyway.... not that a letter to Marvel is a professional thing or anything.

Wow. That's pretty exciting though. I gotta get over there and get it!

Yeah, your names on it. I think it was Stephen. Not sure though. I recognized it from your signature.

Wowie Mowie. That's all I gotta say. Thanks for letting me know!!

Yep, definately you Flamehead :up:

Their response said "you got it, Stephen. See you in 30!"

Does the "you got it" refer to you last statement "Please, PLEASE make this an ongoing" ?

I think there must be a Carter Slade book on the horizon.

That would certainly be interesting...

Riding Ghost said:
Yep, definately you Flamehead :up:

Their response said "you got it, Stephen. See you in 30!"

Does the "you got it" refer to you last statement "Please, PLEASE make this an ongoing" ?

I'm still in a slight state of shock over having that printed. Crazyness. I'm taking time out of my campaign today to go over and get it.

I certainly hope that the "you got it" is in reference to an ongoing. That would be ultimate!

FlameHead said:
I'm still in a slight state of shock over having that printed.
Understandable :ghost:

FlameHead said:
I'm taking time out of my campaign today to go over and get it.

Now thats a politician I can respect. Ghost Rider should be right up there with national priorities such as taxes and healthcare :up:
That would be part of my platform--Strong military, anti-terrorism, low taxes aaannndddd free use of national lands and military for any studio making a quality Ghost Rider movie.

I'm not really a politician. I'm just a guy with a voice and a concern for the direction our Country is headed. Having said that, my priorities are straight. I wouldn't turn my back on ol' FlameFace, no matter how busy I am. My addiction will not allow it.

So, I picked up the issue yesterday and yup, it's me. They printed the entire letter too, no edits, no nothing. I still can't help smiling over it. Never in my life did I think I'd get a letter printed in Marvel and therefor never wrote them. First time writing, first time printing. Not bad. Makes me wonder if there are any of the team chatting on or just viewing the hype.

2006 is shapin' up to be a great year! Now, if I can only convince the world that we're destroying ourselves, I'll be all set. Speakin' of which, I better get back at it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"