Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire

Excited. Hoping it's attached to The Marvels.

This looks like a lot of fun. Great to have the NYC setting back. Also, I love that this looks like a new, interesting villain. Plus, Paul Rudd as a Ghostbuster is beyond awesome. Color me excited!

Last edited:
Hate the title but looks on par with the last one for better or worse. Hopefully the original cast feels more naturally incorporated into the story than shoehorned in like last time

James Acaster going to bring that sardonic wit as the Ghostbusters new tech guy

Not feeling the title but it looks like fun otherwise.

Not feeling the title but it looks like fun otherwise.
I'm not digging the title either. I would prefer a title like Ghostbusters Return or something along those lines. Regardless, this looks like a blast.

love that shot of the Ecto 1 doing that 180 it has to be tough to get a car that big and heavy to move like that damn

Looks good. Pretty excited, honestly. Being back in New York with the old cast and seeing the new cast joining the fun is pretty surreal.

I can’t believe I didn’t ping this earlier, but some comment on Reddit pointed out that the title is a reference to New York being the Empire State, and now I feel kind of dumb for not getting that.:annoyed:

Makes me not mind the title as much.

The radio guy: "the city is hot as balls in the summer"
The movie: *shows every scene in a blue filter*

Looks good. Pretty excited, honestly. Being back in New York with the old cast and seeing the new cast joining the fun is pretty surreal.

I can’t believe I didn’t ping this earlier, but some comment on Reddit pointed out that the title is a reference to New York being the Empire State, and now I feel kind of dumb for not getting that.:annoyed:

Makes me not mind the title as much.
I understood the reference but "Frozen Empire" still feels off for a Ghostbusters title, like it's more epic-sounding than it needs to be.

Well is a huge sign of relief that the title is the only thing I'm not a big fan of! Everything else looks like a blast.
The original team is there, the dark tone, a new ghost/villain, new concepts, new GB gear to add to the lore. Is like they are finally embracing and expanding the possibilities of the original Ghostbusters concept.

Well, it doesn't look as nostalgia bait as the last one, so hopefully I enjoy.

I just don't want the original cast as big parts, as they were the biggest detriment for me in the last movie.

Especially Murray.

Well, it doesn't look as nostalgia bait as the last one, so hopefully I enjoy.

I just don't want the original cast as big parts, as they were the biggest detriment for me in the last movie.

Especially Murray.
I agree to an extent but I would like to see Ernie Hudson in a sizable role. Winston was always the Ringo of the team in the first two so it'd be nice to see him have a larger role in this, especially after the post-credits scene from Afterlife.

I understood the reference but "Frozen Empire" still feels off for a Ghostbusters title, like it's more epic-sounding than it needs to be.

I'm surprised by the semi-recent response to Ghostbusters this way. Back when Afterlife came out, there were people on Twitter mocking the concept of GB having emotion/depth/lore, which on one hand feels like the now-standard pithy rebuke of franchises, but also a decision to complain that Ghostbusters was just a silly comedy and nothing more.

When really, the franchise has always been just a hair's breath away from a superhero concept--let's not forget that The Real Ghostbusters ran with such an idea. They have a cool headquarters, gadgets, costumes, an iconic car (originally called the Ectomobile, even) and they're a group that saves the world. That's all inherent, right in the original text, not to mention the lore about Ivo Shandor--the recent movies are only more directly capitalizing on the potential GB always had to be more stakes-y and superheroic. Every GB movie has to do with saving the world, so to be honest, I don't think you can go too epic, when you think about it.

As long as the franchise never loses its sense of humor, I welcome the emphasis of these elements with open arms.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"