Gillette ad causes ire for addressing toxic masculinity

Yeah, I said a lot of things. Take Louie Anderson with you on the way out; you guys can split the uber.

I thought Louie Anderson was dead for a moment there and wondered just how dark you would go, PR.

George Orwell was right about just about everything. He just missed the year by a few decades.

Go to sleep to people debating the original subject of this thread. Wake up to erotica and questioning whether Louie Anderson is alive.
It is disturbing to say the least and I haven't even read most of the thread.

Edit: I've removed replying to this quote because frankly it's not really of any value.

Last edited:
But.....but.....you told me you loved me!
giphy.gif

A somewhat heavy-handed commercial from an unlikely source. No big deal unless you actually do the things they pointed out and thus feel "attacked" in some way.

A year from now, most will have forgotten about it unless Gillette decides to keep running similar ads.

I'm still waiting for the fear of women with hairy arms or legs to die down so we can see stop seeing hairless ladies just use a razor to wipe away shaving cream and prove the razors actually work in these commercials, man.

If anyone would like a more light hearted and ridiculous look at this then look no further as PETA have chimed in now with their own ad and to say its strange would be an understatement :funny:

#186 for post of the year already. C'mon people. For both what was quoted in the post in terms of content and the response. Well played all round.

If anyone would like a more light hearted and ridiculous look at this then look no further as PETA have chimed in now with their own ad and to say its strange would be an understatement :funny:

Is that real or is that a fake ad mocking Peta?

Does it matter?

In the age of fake news - yeah.

I don’t support Peta, but I want to know if it’s real or not as everyone should be questioning things especially in this day and age.

I guess some like not knowing if something is fake news or not though...

(This isn’t to say Jolldan purposefully spread fake news, at all - I just find it weird that anyone wouldn’t want to know if something is real or from the Onion, especially in this age)

Last edited:
I was half joking. Real or not, PETA is going to look stupid and out of touch.

I was half joking. Real or not, PETA is going to look stupid and out of touch.

Real - Peta is going to look stupid and out of touch.

Not - Peta already looks stupid and out of touch even without being associated with a Funny or Die sketch.

Regardless, Peta looks stupid and out of touch.

Real - Peta is going to look stupid and out of touch.

Not - Peta already looks stupid and out of touch even without being associated with a Funny or Die sketch.

Regardless, Peta looks stupid and out of touch.

Bingo.

for some reason I have my doubts that there will ever be a problem with Toxic femininity or toxic nonbinaryism...nonbinariyitity..non... you get the idea.

I've seen many videos of fights and its nearly impossible to tell who or what started it. But maybe it helps in some cases.

Also I'm not denying this is the case, because I believe men are the protectors of society, but are men duty bound to do so? Is it men's responsibility?
The ad isn't asking men to be protectors. It is basically asking men to stop being dicks to women and each other, while teaching their sons to do the same. And in the process they will be better men for it, and help the next generation be better men by setting the example.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"