Cheerios commercial's racist backlash

So true. And sometimes I look at gay couples and think to myself how lazy it is... "Oh, look at us, we know how eachother's genitals work, because we both have the same genitals!"

GET A JOB!!! :argh:

Though in hindsight I do notice a lot of guys walking around with chicks of another race do have incredibly tight jeans on or a porkpie hat.

Though in hindsight I do notice a lot of guys walking around with chicks of another race do have incredibly tight jeans on or a porkpie hat.

Not the black dudes with the Asian and/or Hispanic lady. Nope, nope, nope.

Some of us go the hipster route, man. And the coolness points just steadily be dropping. :o

[YT]LKuQrKeGe6g [/YT]

IN YO FACES, RACISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cmad::jedi

*snicker*

No, not a puppy too. That's just too far! :oldrazz:

WTF!?!?!?

Why does it have to be a puppy?

I'm just not sure I'm okay with this couple inflicting their lifestyle on a poor, innocent puppy. I mean, where does it end? :o

Really. What's next? A kitten? Think of the kittens.

That little girl is far too adorable for her own good. Clearly, she's the real danger here.

I'm glad that they are going on with another video!

Wasn't the original one of the main reasons why youtube revamped their user comments and how they are rated? Or rather, it got so much attention that it broke the camel's back?

The backlash was that bad?

Let's just say the racists of Youtube will say stuff that'll make you lose your faith in humanity in the comments of a video in which a black man walked in the background for 1.5 seconds.

Oh yeah, it was just so awful. It's hard not to be cynical of people after reading some of the comments. Its unreal.

Fortunately the backlash to the backlash was greater and prompted Cheerios to do another commercial with them.

[YT]LKuQrKeGe6g [/YT]

IN YO FACES, RACISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cmad::jedi

*snicker*

That poor dog. It better not be a mutt either.

:down

I'm glad that they are going on with another video!

Wasn't the original one of the main reasons why youtube revamped their user comments and how they are rated? Or rather, it got so much attention that it broke the camel's back?

Yep, pretty much.

Which (in a bad way) was unfortunate for me as the comments section was half the reason why I loved YouTube so much. The sheer hilarity of certain comments.

http://www.deadline.com/2014/01/sup...me-for-tweet-about-cheerios-commercial-video/
Super Bowl Ad: MSNBC Apologizing Now Officially A Trend – This Time For Tweet About Cheerios Commercial (Video)
By LISA DE MORAES, TV Columnist

Does someone at MSNBC get a bonus for every media report that includes the name “MSNBC” and the word “apology”? This time, the cable news network apologized for a tweet it posted last night suggesting/fearing/hoping conservatives would not like the new Cheerios Super Bowl ad, and directing readers to its report on the ad. The spot features the same interracial family used in an earlier Cheerios commercial that set off quite a discussion — YouTube’s comments section on the ad was turned off when the talk got particularly heinous. “Maybe the rightwing will hate it, but everyone else will go awww: the adorable new #Cheerios ad w/ biracial family,” MSNBC tweeted, directing readers to its report and ad video.

Outrage ensued, with headlines including “MSNBC Slimes ‘Right Wing’ as Racist Over Cheerios Ad,” and “MSNBC Trolls The Right With Cheerios Tweet,” among others. Cue up MSNBC apologies via Twitter:
msnbc
@msnbc

Earlier, this account tweeted an offensive line about the new Cheerios ad. We deeply regret it. It does not reflect the position of msnbc.
msnbc
@msnbc

We are deleting the earlier offensive tweet. It does not reflect msnbc's position and we apologize.
More media headlines: “MSNBC Apologizes For Tweet Taunting Conservatives Over Super Bowl Ad Starring Biracial Child,” and “MSNBC Apologizes After Racially Charged Gaff About Cheerios,” to name just two.

MSNBC has done a mess of apologizing lately: Our list includes former show host Martin Bashir’s apology for on-air comments about Sarah Palin, show host Melissa Harris-Perry’s tearful apology for program panel in which fun was poked at Mitt Romney’s family photo featuring a black grandson on his knee, and former show host Alec Baldwin’s mea culpa over on-the-street anti-gay rhetoric.

Here, in its entirety, is MSNBC’s report on the ad, to which the tweet had directed readers, followed by the new Cheerios Super Bowl ad that caused the kerfuffle, and that original Cheerios ad:

The Cheerios family is back.

The breakfast cereal’s new Super Bowl ad features the same fictional biracial family that sparked a backlash last year.

Titled “Gracie”–after six-year-old actress Grace Colbert, who stars as the daughter of an interracial couple–the ad presents another scene of family life.

Forget the Seahawks and the Broncos: there may be another outcry, but most viewers are likely to declare this ad the Super Bowl winner.

In the Super Bowl ad, Dad tells the adorable daughter she’s going to have a baby brother, using Cheerios to demonstrate – she negotiates for a puppy too. Oh, spoiler alert. My bad.
Jesus. :o

Ha, I forgot that MSNBC...

1. existed
2. is the Liberal Crazy to Fox News' Conservative Crazy

And thus the reason I refuse to watch/read/acknowledge the credibility of either Fox News or MSNBC.

I just don't watch cable news channels in general. You can't trust a news source whose biggest priority is getting higher ratings than a hit TV series on some other channel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"