Gilligan's Island

zeptron

Superhero
Reaction score
http://www.darkhorizons.com/news08/081224e.php

"
Gilligan's Island" creator Sherwood Schwartz and his son Lloyd are moving ahead with a big screen version of the classic sitcom reports TV Guide.

The pair are after "Superbad" and "Juno" star Michael Cera to don the famous red shirt and white hat as Gilligan, and Beyonce Knowles to play sexy movie star Ginger.

Sherwood says the deal "Just happened in the last 48 hours. I can't take this much excitement at my age." No production schedule or further cast/crew involvement has yet been announced.

Enk....Cera as Gilligan? I like the guy but...really?

Michael Cera? No thanks. :dry:

Maybe if Steve Carrel were younger he'd be a good choice.

Those are both terrible choices. Ginger was named Ginger cause she was a god damn red head. And Gilligan isn't 15.

oh dear, Gilligan's island??? No....Just NO!

Eh. If tradition holds true to form (this being a movie based on an old TV sitcom), this thing will run aground at the box office faster than the Minnow did in the opening credits. I say just let them do their thing and fail, and forget about it like everyone else will a year later.

Sherwood Schwartz is still alive?!

Michael Cera and Beyonce? Give me a f**king break. There is only ONE actor suited to play Gilligan...

jim-caviezel.jpg

DJ Qualls for Gilligan.
John Goodman as the Skipper.

Ginger was named Ginger cause she was a god damn red head. .
I know who the hell thought that stupid ass idea up?

"Ohi got a idea let's make Ginger a black chick, even though shes called Ginger cause of her"

Now if people want somrging to ***** about, ***** away at something this stupid.

This is a stupid hollywood thing and i never get mad like everyone else does, but this is the dumbest thing ever! I mean who looks to put Beyonce in their movies?

Last edited:
Good God, this is beyond stupid. First that whole "Beyonce wants to be Wonder Woman" crap, and now this. Why can't she just stay away from these rolls?

Good God, this is beyond stupid. First that whole "Beyonce wants to be Wonder Woman" crap, and now this. Why can't she just stay away from these rolls?
I know right?

Ever since Dreamgirls she thinks she can act now. She should just stick to making horrible annoying music for little girls.

Heard about this earlier today. Interesting developments, i was wondering when this old show would get a film adaption. Hopefully they find the right cast and have a good story in place for the film.

As for the beyonce thing the article said they are looking for the ginger role and beyonce isnt even confirmed/signed on so who knows if it will be her. Now i do hope if this happens it turns out to be more inline to the show and not be a crummy film like the betwiched movie was. I wish that film was more a straight adaption of the show then a movie in a movie crap.

So, who would play everyone else? I bet it's only a matter of time before someone says "Megan Fox for Mary-Ann".

This movie would be saved with James Marsters as the Professor.

Just hearing who they want for the cast makes me want to swallow a lead pill. I like Michael Cera, but as Gilligan? Please, no! Have these dum dums even heard of Zach Braff? And Beyonce Knowels as Ginger? Oh yeah, I'm sure a black woman with red hair will work brilliantly. Racial stunt casting worked brilliantly for the honeymooners!

Gilligan's Island is a show about 7 idiots stuck on an island. It's so simple, how can hollywood not mess it up?

well we dont even know for sure if cera and beyonce will even be in it. The article like i think i said in my earlier post said the creator and his son are looking at them for those roles not that they are going to be in those roles. For all we know they might not even want to be in the film. And braff i agree would probably make a great gillian.

I don't think Braff would do it. I think he is getting tired of playing the bumbling silly guy.

yea he probably is. But there is tons of actors who would probably make a great gillan.

I like Cera and everything but I can't see him as Gilligan. And Beyonce? Please. :rolleyes:

Hopefully it's more like The Brady Bunch movie...
They should be on a "deserted" island that actually has a huge resort on it... they just fail to see it.

This has been bouncing around Hollywood for years though, so I'm not crying about it. But as far as casting...Brian Denehey = Skipper, Jamie Kennedy = Gilligan, George Clooney honestly = The Professor, Scarlet Johannsen = Ginger Grant, and I can't cast the rest.

This has been bouncing around Hollywood for years though, so I'm not crying about it. But as far as casting...Brian Denehey = Skipper, Jamie Kennedy = Gilligan, George Clooney honestly = The Professor, Scarlet Johannsen = Ginger Grant, and I can't cast the rest.

that's a pretty good cast right (minus Clooney)

Just hearing who they want for the cast makes me want to swallow a lead pill. I like Michael Cera, but as Gilligan? Please, no! Have these dum dums even heard of Zach Braff? And Beyonce Knowels as Ginger? Oh yeah, I'm sure a black woman with red hair will work brilliantly. Racial stunt casting worked brilliantly for the honeymooners!

Gilligan's Island is a show about 7 idiots stuck on an island. It's so simple, how can hollywood not mess it up?

Zack Braff as Gilligan? Oh yes.

For a traditional Gilligan's Island:

Zack Braff as Gilligan
Patrick Warburton as The Skipper, too
Barry Bostwick As The Millionaire
Georgia Engel As His Wife
Emily Deschanell as The Movie Star
James Marsters as The Professor
and
Elizabeth Banks as Mary Ann

For an "updated" Gilligan's Island
Zack Braff as Gilligan