Girl Scout Sells Cookies Outside Medical Marijuana Dispensary

jmc

away for a while
Reaction score
All I can say is this girl is genius. via People.com http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20789558,00.html

Location, location, location.

Girl Scout Danielle Lei knows how to think outside the box when it comes to selling cookies. The 13-year-old recently set up her cookie stand outside the Green Cross medical marijuana dispensary in San Francisco, Calif. Patients bought out Lei's supplies in 45 minutes, as reported on the dispensary's Facebook page, requiring the girl to seek out a larger cookie supply.

In total, Lei sold 117 boxes in only two hours, according to Mashable. The profits from these sales will go to charitable organizations, including several that benefit Alzheimer's research.

Carol Lei, Danielle's mom, is on board with Danielle's unorthodox sales tactics, and not only for the numbers. She believes the experience is a helpful way to start a conversation with her daughter about different kinds of drug use.

"You put it in terms that they may understand," Carol told Mashable. "I'm not condoning it, I'm not saying go out in the streets and take marijuana."

The Green Cross was happy to green-light Lei's cookie stand as well, with staff members buying boxes and keeping their patients updated on Lei's hours through Facebook.

Even the Girl Scouts of Northern California gave Leis' endeavor their approval. The group's director of marketing and communications, Dana Allen, told Mashable that as long as the location was a legitimate business, it was up to parents to choose the place they think their daughters would find success.

Lei's biggest critic might just be the Girl Scouts of Colorado. While recreational marijuana use is now legal in Colorado, the state's troops made it clear on Twitter where they stood on cannabis-clinic cookie stands.
If you are wondering, we don't allow our Girl Scouts to sell cookies in front of marijuana shops or liquor stores/bars.
— Girl Scouts of Colo. (@GSColo) February 12, 2014

This girl will be President of Mars one day. Count on it.

7Vhyh27.gif

Ummm....I hate to the bearer of bad new here, but this child was outside a MJ dispenser. That means there was an adult with her who helped her set up the stand.

That's just ****ing ridiculous and not a good look. And y'all wonder why I worry about people on my property. :doh:

Ummm....I hate to the bearer of bad new here, but this child was outside a MJ dispenser. That means there was an adult with her who helped her set up the stand.

That's just ****ing ridiculous and not a good look.

Umm... please elaborate? Cuz said theoretical adult does not have to be a stoner in the least to see how this is a good idea. Plus, it shows that this adult supports this young girls initiative and drive. This girl seems like a go getter and if she applies that same ability to adapt and overcome in the other areas of her life she should be on her way to success in whatever path she chooses.

So?

Okay...here's the reality of this. MJ dispensers are usually set up low key, and most are away from schools and all that. So some adult willing went out of their way to set up a cookie dispenser near a MJ dispenser?

While some may call that industrious I do not.

Okay...here's the reality of this. MJ dispensers are usually set up low key, and most are away from schools and all that. So some adult willing went out of their way to set up a cookie dispenser near a MJ dispenser?

CH, this is going to come off condescending as hell, so I apologize if it comes out that way, truly, you know I like you... But did you read the entire post and it's context (Plus.. it's in San Fran. :word: At 13 in some shape or form this girl has been aware of drugs)? It seems odd, perhaps but I don't think the implications are quite what you are making them to be. Again, all of this I say (type) respectfully. :yay:

CH, this is going to come off condescending as hell, so I apologize if it comes out that way, truly, you know I like you... But did you read the entire post and it's context (Plus.. it's in San Fran. :word: At 13 in some shape or form this girl has been aware of drugs)? It seems odd, perhaps but I don't think the implications are quite what you are making them to be. Again, all of this I say (type) respectfully. :yay:

http://25.media.tumblr.com/5afde3523464433bb9f048f19783d4e0/tumblr_mjpkiaKdOe1qbo84to4_250.gif

lol....Supes fans never go on this **** list. ... We just fight endlessly...lol

Did you even read the effing article?

It's in the downtown area surrounded by other shops and could be considered safer than going door to door. Also if she was accompanied by an adult I can't see much of a problem with it.

Ahh marketing 101, good stuff right here. It's all about knowing your customers

Great idea for selling some cookies.

I'm sure all the stoners were like, "Please give me all the Thin Mints you have. I'm going to give you a blank check. Write whatever amount you want on it."

A mom I'm friends with on facebook was all up in arms about this little girl selling the cookies there. Not that diabetes and obesity kill more than pot, or anything...

Is there a correlation between people who smoke marijuana and people who eat cookies? I'm not seeing the genius. lol. Does smoking marijuana make you incredibly hungry for girl scout cookies?

It makes you very hungry for anything, yes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"