GL movie concept art!!!

I kind of like the idea they had for the insignia, but my leanings are more traditional. GL's don't really need their armour to actually look like amrour, because it's all made by the ring anyway: it's as durable as the ring can make it, whether it looks like armour plating or tissue paper. While that look is cool enough, I would go for the traditional costume with material updates and a few other tweaks. Here's manip I did of the idea. The original drawing is by Dave W over on the Superman boards.

greenlanterncc9.jpg

I'd probably swap the gloves for something longer and heavier--something with straps--but otherwise, that's the way I'd do it.

Anyways, the best part of that concept art is that it demonstrates they aren't being cowards about this: there trying to do GL the way he's supposed to be. Alien planets, galactic police force, big space battles. Awesome. I just hope the studio doesn't ruin it with interference or a low budget.

Great manip. Wish I could do that. :p

But the tiny white gloves are the worst look you could go for with the white gloves, IMO. Always reminds me of Mickey Mouse.

344px-Mickey_Mouse.svg.png

I'll post my designs later.... they won't be as good but hopefully it will give you guys an idea of what I think the suit should look like. :)

...Hmmm...

marine-corp-drill-team.jpg

9cdb4d663a7fe2ace508.jpeg

SRV_HonorGuard.jpg

So no, as an aspiring police officer, I associate them with authority. Not magicians and cartoons. This may be FORMAL authoritive wear but it's still authoritive. Hal Jordan doesn't care about getting dirty because chances are he can't anyway so him, Guy, and Kyle can look as good as they want since the ring will take care of it anyway. The film-maker's job is to keep that illusion going.

And about the budget...Who cares? As long as they look nice. They have a tight shooting schedule? Pull another pair of gloves out the back as well as a new costume because chances are that will look dirty too. They're not going to have a dirty costume and super clean gloves.

Yes the people you show are in positions of authority, but that is not their normal everyday garb. Dress blues are considered a type of formal wear, which I mentioned before. Of course none of us would care about the budget since we aren't paying for it, but you would certainly care if you did. I am not going to gripe over a pair of white gloves.

I don't see why Hal Jordan would get dirty, seeing as he makes the costume with his ring. Why keep it dirty?

Yeah, I don't see the budget complaint either, as if they would go through THAT many inexpensive gloves while they're likely not shooting a whole lot on location. Plus, most are assuming they'd be cloth gloves, most likely they'd be a rubbery material that'd be easy to clean anyway.

I am not talking about a cartoon or a comic book here. I am talking about a live action film where white gloves will get dirty during filming. These will be custom gloves so they won't be cheap either and they more than likely will be several sets of them for the other members of the corps in the film.

2465607663_d63f1feb4c.jpg

Cheap white rubber gloves. I can see it now. Yuck.

...Ugh...You find the worst pictures on purpose, don't you? :csad:

I can't even figure out what that outfit is about but now it's stuck in my retinas.

Anyway I'm sure the gloves will actually have some kind of design to it and not just these plain, cheap gloves. My point with the gloves is that chances are there'll be as many pairs of gloves as there are costumes so no big deal. It's like complaining about Spider-man using too many gloves. If one pair of gloves are going to be changed then the whole costume will have to be as well to match those gloves. If the gloves are dirty, chances are that the costume will be too. Regardless of the color of the gloves they'd end up being replaced just as many times.

We dont even know if/when the film will actually happen and who is designing the costumes then and who knows if the concept artwork would end up being what the costume designer uses.

Anyone complaining about the need for many gloves is an idiot. Have they ever SEEN a wardrobe room for a movie? There's endless items of clothing in there.

I dont like the costume at all. Its Hal Jordan, not Kyle Rayner. I dont want the logo forever changed.

This costume is perfect...
GreenLantern_Render.jpg

A design like this for the movie would be great! :gl: :up:

Last edited:
Anyone complaining about the need for many gloves is an idiot. Have they ever SEEN a wardrobe room for a movie? There's endless items of clothing in there.

I mean really, even if they did need a new pair of gloves for every scene, how much do you really think that's going to cost? Compare that to the cost of CGI, set building, actor's salary, props, etc. The price of even a hundred pairs of gloves isn't even a drop in the bucket compared to a movie's other costs.

halgl.jpg

a slightly tweeked version of an old manip of mine. I once again used Nathan Fillon

I mean really, even if they did need a new pair of gloves for every scene, how much do you really think that's going to cost? Compare that to the cost of CGI, set building, actor's salary, props, etc. The price of even a hundred pairs of gloves isn't even a drop in the bucket compared to a movie's other costs.
Yeah, I don't know why people kept bringing that up. Custom gloves or not, they're not THAT expensive.

All the Lanterns have their own uniform design. It should be kept that way in the movie.

Kyle can wear the Kyle costume in Green Lantern 3.

This would look amazing. Made from the same materials as the Superman and Spider-Man costumes.
GreenLantern_Render.jpg

I see no reason for a drastic costume change since Hal's costume is one of the greatest designs ever. There is also no reason for all the Lanterns to wear the same thing. When Guy Gardner shows up I want him dressed as Guy Gardner. Same for Kyle, Stewart, and everyone else.

Classic yet contemporary.

All the Lanterns have their own uniform design. It should be kept that way in the movie.

Kyle can wear the Kyle costume in Green Lantern 3.

This would look amazing. Made from the same materials as the Superman and Spider-Man costumes.
GreenLantern_Render.jpg

I see no reason for a drastic costume change since Hal's costume is one of the greatest designs ever. There is also no reason for all the Lanterns to wear the same thing. When Guy Gardner shows up I want him dressed as Guy Gardner. Same for Kyle, Stewart, and everyone else.

Yeah something like this design would look great in the film. I'm a big fan of this design!

My favorites to play Hal Jordan right now are Nathan Fillion and Josh Hartnett, if they go older for Hal....then Caviezal or Eckhart.

Someone should manip this with gosling's head on it:D
greenlantern2jj0.jpg

My favorites to play Hal Jordan right now are Nathan Fillion and Josh Hartnett, if they go older for Hal....then Caviezal or Eckhart.

I'd love to see Eckhart back, as a hero this time. I mentioned in the Superman casting thread how I think he'd make a great Superman, if only he looked more the part.

Has he been in any roles with dark hair?

I'm interested to see how they'll incorporate the domino mask. That one's hard to do without looking real corny.

I'm interested to see how they'll incorporate the domino mask. That one's hard to do without looking real corny.

Personally, that Hal game render that's quoted a few posts up is the perfect way to go for the movie. I think it'd look great onscreen. :woot:

I really dislike the shape they used for the green part of the costume in the MK vs. DC render. I prefer it to look like a vest, as it does here (Hal on the left):
300px-Green_Lantern_v.4_28.jpg

I'm not sure, but I have a feeling the mask might end up being an early casualty of any suit redesign.

we have no clue yet, we will just have to wait and see what the costume department comes out with, and i guess if they did decide to drop the mask they would probably go glowing green eyes like other lanterns do.

hahaha Holy crap. I thought the model looked like Jim Caviezel but David Bowie is right on. *starts humming "Starman"*

From the new GL animated movie.
67cfa1cade577f74large.jpg

sinestro4.jpg

sinestro1.jpg

ring5.jpg

ring4.jpg

Adds an armor type look to the GL costumes. How about that for the movie, or something similar?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"