Stephen Tobolowsky to play Alfred Pennyworth in 'Justice League'?

Status
Not open for further replies.
BTW i know its kinda old news now but I just thought people might wanna post their opinions....

Yup old news you really need to check all the current threads so you know what we all ready know and are talking about. I mentioned to someone else earlier if u are away from the forums for awhile to always check all the current threads so u know what is going on already. So any mods around should close thread.

Thanks for posting this news. i hadn't heard this before, so I think this should stay. :)

I like him. He reminds me slightly of the Batman: the animated series Alfred. Good choice.

I think he'll be better than Michael Caine anyway.....

Michale Caine as Alfred is a dumb choice, IMO. We don't get Alfred, we get Michael Caine as Bruce Wayne's butler....

Yup old news you really need to check all the current threads so you know what we all ready know and are talking about. I mentioned to someone else earlier if u are away from the forums for awhile to always check all the current threads so u know what is going on already. So any mods around should close thread.

yeh i already knew that i just thought people might like a seperate thread to discuss this like the Megan Gale and common ones for example.

well the thread it was posted in people were doing it there so this thread was kinda pointless.

Thanks for posting this news. i hadn't heard this before, so I think this should stay. :)

I like him. He reminds me slightly of the Batman: the animated series Alfred. Good choice.

I think he'll be better than Michael Caine anyway.....

Michale Caine as Alfred is a dumb choice, IMO. We don't get Alfred, we get Michael Caine as Bruce Wayne's butler....

I see your point but i think Caine gives alfred a real charm and dare i say it "spunk"

Tobolowsky himself confirms he isn't playing Alfred.

http://www.moviehole.net/news/20080330_tobolowsky_not_in_justice_leag.html

Tobolowsky NOT in Justice League
Date : March 30, 2008 Writer : Clint Morris

Clint here,

Firstly, thank you for all your emails and phone calls wishing my daughter Charisma well. She seems to be on the more positive side of the thermometer now, which means her killer virus has seemingly left town. Its been a tough couple of weeks, and her hospital visit was absolutely terrible, but as we speak, she's crawling around on the ground, ripping into some old boxes and making her way towards the lap-top..... so I better get started.

There's a rumour floating around that "Heroes" actor Stephen Tobolowsky is up for the role of 'Alfred the Butler' in the new "Justice League" movie. Sounded like a load of BS to me, not because Tobolowsky wouldn't make a terrific Alfred but just because "Justice League" is far from choosing its support cast (it can't even settle on its leads at the moment, let alone decide where and when it's going to film). I also don't believe that Alfred is even in the current version of the script. Only his number 1 client Mr. Wayne makes an appearance, I believe.

Tobolowsky, fresh from Florida where he's been shooting the new "Beethoven" movie, tells Moviehole that the rumour is indeed false - but he's been amused by it none the less.

"I sent all of the stories to my manager who has zero idea where the stories came from...who contacted Warners...who has no idea where the story came from", Tobolowsky, whose appeared in the films "Groundhog Day" and "Wild Hogs" says. "The studio said they don't even have a script....that they expect a draft in two MONTHS...they have not secured the super heroes yet let alone their butlers...we shall see".

If there is a Butler role available in the film, Tobolowsky seems to be interested, but at this stage, there isn't - as he says, there's not even a script yet.

Enjoy your weekend folks.

thanks BenReilly19! That also clears up a few questions on the jla film as a whole too!

They don't expect a draft for two months...cast is yet to be decided...

They don't expect a draft for two months...cast is yet to be decided...
Thats what I was wondering. I saw the date at the top, but I wonder if thats an older interview maybe?
If it is indeed up to date, then J.L. is way farther behind than we thought.

well maybe he didnt know the rewrites were to be in sooner then that or the writers are taking more time. Who knows, besides the rewrites, we have the tax break issue or move to canada thing to solve, and now the other monkey wrench with the sigel's thing and superman.

Thank goodness. I like him, but he is too American to play a British butler. Plus, why use Alfred at all? He wasn't even in animated JL as far as I remeber.

And Stephen mention there was no script? I thought it was already finish when they were ready to start filming before the strike. I know few story recently said it's being rewritten, but the way Stephen said there is no script made it sound like there was no script to being with. Hmmm..... :huh:

Thank goodness. I like him, but he is too American to play a British butler. Plus, why use Alfred at all? He wasn't even in animated JL as far as I remeber.

And Stephen mention there was no script? I thought it was already finish when they were ready to start filming before the strike. I know few story recently said it's being rewritten, but the way Stephen said there is no script made it sound like there was no script to being with. Hmmm..... :huh:
yup, its all very confusing. Thats one of the things I despise about W.B., they offer very little to no updates on alot of films.

Now I understand their not gonna spoon feed us stuff everyday and thats fine, but some info every once in a while would be nice.
The way it is now we have to get our info from hotel employees that work where some of the cast were staying, and from an actor who ISNT EVEN INVOLVED with the film.

If all this wasnt so funny, it'd be sad.:woot:

They expect a draft in two MONTHS? Gosh, this just makes me realize again that we don't know nothing about this movie. We don't know what the cast is gonna be, we don't know how this movie is gonna look like, we don't know what tone Miller is goning for, we don't know what this new script is gonna be about, we don't know where and when the movie is gonna be filmed, we don't know when or if it's gonna be released. I guess we're still at the same stage we already were like one year ago and the only thing we really know is that WB is considering to do a JLA movie... maybe! ;) And jet, there are still people who think they can tell how it's going to turn out...

They expect a draft in two MONTHS? Gosh, this just makes me realize again that we don't know nothing about this movie. We don't know what the cast is gonna be, we don't know how this movie is gonna look like, we don't know what tone Miller is goning for, we don't know what this new script is gonna be about, we don't know where and when the movie is gonna be filmed, we don't know when or if it's gonna be released. I guess we're still at the same stage we already were like one year ago and the only thing we really know is that WB is considering to do a JLA movie... maybe! ;) And jet, there are still people who think they can tell how it's going to turn out...
Maybe we can ask Emi-whats-her-name. I bet she knows.:word:

Maybe we can ask Emi-whats-her-name. I bet she knows.:word:
She's a bit busy at the moment.
She's trying to convince the Siegel family to take the movie rights off the hands of the big conglomerate company who earned 400 million $ with their latest "failed" attempt to bring Superman to the screen, and give them instead to her husband, a 40-year old fan of Dragonball whose latest occupation is as a writer on action-figures for a website , to make a series of movies starring Tom Welling.
And in one of those movies Superman will fight Supreme.
And homosexual pedophiles, too.

She's a bit busy at the moment.
She's trying to convince the Siegel family to take the movie rights off the hands of the big conglomerate company who earned 400 million $ with their latest "failed" attempt to bring Superman to the screen, and give it instead to her husband, a 40-year old fan of Dragonball whose latest occupation is as a writer on action-figures for a website , to make a series of movies starring Tom Welling.
And in one of those movies Superman will fight Supreme.
And homosexual pedophiles, too.
Ha.:pal:

Seriously though, I think J.L. is alot farther off than we were lead to believe. It at least appears that way at the moment to me.

I'm starting to think that maybe M.O.S. may move to the forefront.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"