• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Gladiator Sequel | Paramount

Apparently what we do in life not only echoes in eternity, it does so, WITH ROMAN NUMERALS!

8mhlvd.gif

"Says Paul Mescal’s son of Russell Crowe’s late Maximus in a VoiceOver, ..."
I honestly can't make sense of that sentence?:gross: Though seems to confirm it in the next.

Lucius Verus was Maximus' son.
Seemed obvious, yet is that the first outright confirmation of it?
7jw3o4.gif

Though it was always left open ended, It read that way to me. Then especially when this was announced with Lucius as the lead, they would want to definativley tie it back to Maximus.

If Lucius rises to power in the wake of Commodus' death, at the hands of Maximus (now revealed to be his own father), that will not blow over well for him (and Lucilla).
It creates some great potential drama for Lucius character, as he comes into adulthood, and the political power plays that ensue.
That then will likely play out in the arena.

For a sequel I never really wanted or asked for (the end was already perfect), it's actually a pretty great set up.

Last edited:
Loving these early reactions from the CinemaCon footage. What I'm hearing about Quinn might be the most exciting, and kind of makes me happy that Keoghan dropped out. Kind of a type-cast role for him, but a potentially huge growth of range for Quinn.

Connie Nielsen returns as Lucilla, the mother of Mescal’s Lucius, as does Derek Jacobi, playing a member of the Roman Senate
Derek Jacobi confirmed.

Loving these early reactions from the CinemaCon footage. What I'm hearing about Quinn might be the most exciting, and kind of makes me happy that Keoghan dropped out. Kind of a type-cast role for him, but a potentially huge growth of range for Quinn.

...and gladiators fighting sharks

They really going there :funny:

Though apparently there was precedent for it ....
main-qimg-8ee7986c4f2cbc92a56f8d81d06a84b3

romans-once-filled-the-colosseum-with-water-and-staged-an-v0-8SO3OwgARoesN5_ifiUOyUZwUE76Fnep4B5fKGhzmGY.jpg

If they are doing a flooded Arena, should make for a sensational spectacle!

Though the original had plenty of battle spectacle, it was also about an honorable character, love for family, loyalty, betrayal, revenge, and ultimately a man just looking for a way out of the arena of endless war and killing.

Hope the new CG armored rhinos, naval battles, sharks, and war monkeys don't detract to much from that. :funny:

Last edited:
23e96efebaa271ad7d82ad493b998b8a.gif

Surprised there was no mention of Hounsou (Juba) in the CinemaCon footage?
Hopefully Juba is not still condemned to the arena. and we do get a hint he was in fact free and reunited with his "living" family (unlike Maximus), he has got a whole implied adventure ahead of him, would love to see that at least pay off.
Curious what his role will be.
On the other hand the original end was so perfect, not sure what they are going for here?

If nothing else hope at least the original gets (an almost 25th anniversary:wow:) re-release in theaters, out of this.

Last edited:
8p3anw.jpg

Ridley Scott’s GLADIATOR was released 24 years ago today.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"