God of War Collection

Dark_Lord

Dark Lord of the Sith
Reaction score
38734105247df72a8c6e.jpg

Reworked versions of God of War and God of War II, featuring smoother graphics running at a faster frame rate, hits stores this holiday on a single Blu-ray disc, Sony Computer Entertainment announced this morning.

God of War Collection will feature both Playstation 3 games running at 1280 by 720 resolution and 60 frames per a second. The collection, which will cost $40, will also include trophy support for the games.

"We are excited today to announce God of War Collection," said Scott Rohde, vice president, Worldwide Studios America. "Our fans spoke and we listened; thanks to our partnership with Bluepoint Games, fans and newcomers to the series can experience the epic God of War and God of War II saga in stunning 720p on PS3. This Blu-ray Disc compilation brings Kratos to PS3 even earlier than expected."

The collection comes just months before God of War III is scheduled to hit stores on March 2010 for the Playstation 3.

Kotaku.com

This is awesome! I was hoping for something like this. I never had a PS2 and I didn't get to play God of War 1 and 2 and my PS3 doesn't have backwards compatibility. I really wanted to play 1 and 2 before playing God of War 3, so, like I said, this is awesome.

I kinda want to buy it but I already have them both. The Trophies would be cool tho.

wow what great news. Once BR was announced for the PS3, I always wondered if we'd ever see PS2 games collected on them. If this sells well, I hope that Sony does more enhanced re-releases

Same here. I would looove to see a re-release of Ico and Shadow of the Colossus. <3

Same here. I would looove to see a re-release of Ico and Shadow of the Colossus. <3
Thats a good idea especially as The Last Guardian nears release. I was hoping Konami would have done this with MGS. I see tons of developers release PS2 trilogy sets. I hope this paves the way for them to consider porting those to the PS3 if Sony gives them the okay to do so

Yeah, I think I'll pick this up too. Even though I don't support the idea of trophies. I do support the idea of 270p.

Cool, I never finished the first and don't have either of them in my possession. It's a good thing I'm a lazy gamer. Now I can get this for cheap and with better graphics on the PS3.

Already got'em, don't need'em again. For those who don't, cool

Last edited:
Box art from Amazon. No idea if it's the final box art though.
61jpm0cix0lss500.jpg

GOW I and II are some of the best games ever made. Atmosphere + boss battles + gore + greek mythology + HD? Cannot go wrong.

I like the new box art. Sony switching logos has gotten some flack, but a lot of people complained at PS3's launch that they were capitalizing on the Spider-man font with the font instead of using what they had before. Well now they're back at where they should be. I like the black/grey banner too

I'll echo a Kotaku writer's sentiments here. Do you think maybe they have enough God of War logos on that box art? :hehe:

Excellent news! I never finished GoW 1, can't wait to give it another go. I bought GoW 2 last year and finished it, but the upgraded graphics and Trophies will make it worth replaying.

I would buy that in a heartbeat!

Oh yes, I'm glad Sony listened to the fans and are putting this out. Cant wait for this. But we all know that the trophies are gonna be impossible to achieve.

Well, it's good that PS3 games don't have region codes.

Sure. I've ordered a couple US games and they work just fine. That's the great thing about the PS3. All games, worldwide, work on the console. But it's only for PS3 games. A US PS1/2 game won't work on a PAL PS3.

Nice! I think I may be importing this bad boy then.

I already have God of War 1 and 2 along with a backwards compatible PS3 so I have no need for this, especially since the only difference is trophy support.

The only time I'll double dip on a game is if it's a Metal Gear re-release (I'm a Metal Gear fanatic :() or like Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition where the controls dramatically improved the game for the better.

Blurgh, I'm definitely getting this. I just bought God of War 1 and 2 for PS2 again, though, so the timing is kind of annoying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"