God of War Collection

If you just bought them for PS2 why waste your money? Besides the trophies I don't see much else that this will give to someone who doesn't already own the games.

I'd prefer to play them on my PS3 and minimize my PS2 collection so I can ultimately get rid of my PS2 altogether. I don't have a backwards-compatible PS3, unfortunately.

Ah ok. I still play my PS2 pretty frequently so thats why I was curious.

It's cool. If they released Ico and Shadow of the Colossus on the PS3, I'd probably get rid of my PS2. Those and the God of War games are the only ones I'm really into that are only on the PS2.

I have backwards compatibility on mine. :)

I remember hearing rumors that Sony is trying to work out backwards compatability on newer PS3s.

But yeah, my video game placement just has the PS3 and Wii on account that I was smart and bought the MGS4 bundle the minute it came out :o

If you just bought them for PS2 why waste your money? Besides the trophies I don't see much else that this will give to someone who doesn't already own the games.
Not everyone still owns them (or has finished both of them) and it will be good to replay through the series before GoW 3 drops.

It's cool. If they released Ico and Shadow of the Colossus on the PS3, I'd probably get rid of my PS2. Those and the God of War games are the only ones I'm really into that are only on the PS2.
Yes! Ico and SotC are cult gems, not too many people have played them, which is a shame. SotC has an amazing world, and the new game looks stunning.
Never got to play GoW1, but bashed GoW into a pulp, been excited for III since that cliffhanger ending. :awesome:

1 thing if this thing sells well (which I suspect it will) thus waiting on Sony to bring back PS3 BC can stop waiting bc theres a market for rereleasing old games on the system. Boost up the resolution, add trophies, bundle the games together on 1 BR disc and you got a seller. I wonder why they didnt think of this before. I can definetly see a ICO/SotC rerelease once the Last Guardian game is released

Just a heads up to those in the UK looking to import it.

MovieTyme have it on pre-order for £25.99 at the moment.

Is November 10 the actual release date?

I have a 60 gig(backwards compatible), but I'll still get this since I'm such a huge fan. Not to mention I traded in the first two a long time ago.:o

You have seen the videos and you have seen the screens, soon you will have the chance to play what the lucky hundreds experienced at E3, Comic-Con and PAX. Coming this fall, we are happy to announce to fans that God of War Collection will include the long-awaited God of War III E3 2009 Demo. Each copy of God of War Collection will include a voucher code that can be redeemed through PlayStation Network on the day of purchase. This is your chance to experience God of War III before it hits store shelves March 2010.
Just recently announced on the blog, God of War Collection features remastered versions of both God of War and God of War II on a single Blu-ray Disc at full 1280 x 720 resolution with 2x anti-aliased graphics. Both critically acclaimed games, which were originally developed for the PS2, are running at 60 frames per second for a smooth gameplay experience on your PS3. Additionally, the Blu-ray Disc compilation will bring PSN trophy support to the franchise for the first time. God of War Collection will be available in November. Keep an eye out for video gameplay soon.
:wow::wow::wow:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/

that seals the deal for rebuying God of War I and II

Is it me or does it look the same? I will only buy this because of the Demo.

I think im gonna get this. I dont own either game and with them polishing the game up a bit, maybe it wont feel like im playing a PS2 game. Im a graphics ****e so it can be tough for me to go back and play older games.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"