God of War II - Offical Thread - US Website Opens

It's better they make the game uber awesome on the PS2, then rush it for the PS3 and be like 'yo, here's our rushed game'. :o

I would prefer this game on the PS2. Having this game go to PS3 is ******ed because that system is not even mastered yet. All the secrets behind the PS2 have been unlocked, so to speek. I would rather play this game on the PS2.

I can't wait for this game to come out. Right now I'm still trying to master the first game on God Mode which is really hard to do.

Anyone know of any new characters or returning characters in the second game? I heard something about Three Sisters of Fate. The Gravedigger guy from the first game was pretty cool. I also heard that Kratos will get new godly powers and that you will be able to upgrade them.

Anyone know of any boss fights or anything?

Why would putting it on the ps3 make it more rushed than putting it on a soon to be dead system, rushing to put it out before the ps3 overshadows it?

PS2 is still selling, smart move if you ask me.

Your endorsement of it as a "smart move" pretty much seals the deal that it isn't.

^

Miaow.

In terms of sales, it's a smart move. Even with less competition on the PS3, the game wouldn't sell as much as it would on the PS2.

So yes, smart move.

In terms of sales, PS3 is going to have a lack of them with it's current price and horrible launch line up, it needs to have something like God Of War, a game that doesn't suck, to give people a reason to buy it. Selling PS3s is more important (or should be) to Sony than sellings copies of one game. At the very least it would have helped their Blu-Ray trojan horse to kill HD-DVD.

God of War II is a February 2007 release, it would have beena huge dissapointment as a PS3 launch title. Warhawk and Resistance most likely won't suck so there you go.

God of War II is best on the PS2 rather then being a PS3 title that gets outdone technically a year later. God of War III will hit when people understand the PS3 hardware better, thus they'll be able to have it really work properly to their vision of what God of War III will be.

I need this game NOW. God of War was the best game I played in a while. If the sequel is even half as good as the first it'll still kick ass

Zenien said:
God of War II is a February 2007 release, it would have beena huge dissapointment as a PS3 launch title. Warhawk and Resistance most likely won't suck so there you go.

God of War II is best on the PS2 rather then being a PS3 title that gets outdone technically a year later. God of War III will hit when people understand the PS3 hardware better, thus they'll be able to have it really work properly to their vision of what God of War III will be.
It'd be better to have it overshadowed a year later by PS3 games than to be overshadowed months before it released by PS3 titles.

The Dude said:
I need this game NOW. God of War was the best game I played in a while. If the sequel is even half as good as the first it'll still kick ass

Only it won't be half as good.
It will be twice as good :up:

I really can't wait for this game. I am thinking that Poseiden might have a decent sized role. The giant horses Kratos is on are in the water, and he was the god of the sea and of horses, so I could see Kratos either going to him for help, or just killing everyone in his lair.

Women are never any help, I should have known better. Wiki says it's first party, so I guess sony has two talented studios now.

Manny Calavera said:
Why would putting it on the ps3 make it more rushed than putting it on a soon to be dead system, rushing to put it out before the ps3 overshadows it?

if it were "rushed" to the ps3, it would more than likely just end up like GUN, or Kameo. a next gen game that just doesn't look that great, and doesn't look like it belongs on a next gen system. it's better off on the (soon to be dead? psh.) ps2.

kytrigger said:
I really can't wait for this game. I am thinking that Poseiden might have a decent sized role. The giant horses Kratos is on are in the water, and he was the god of the sea and of horses, so I could see Kratos either going to him for help, or just killing everyone in his lair.

Poseiden was the god of horses?!

hm.

Manny Calavera said:
The game would be very lucky to look anywhere close to Kameo.

God of War III 3D Volumetric fluid dynamic ray traced BLOOD > All else

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"