God of War Collection

I think im gonna get this. I dont own either game and with them polishing the game up a bit, maybe it wont feel like im playing a PS2 game. Im a graphics ****e so it can be tough for me to go back and play older games.
graphics can be overrated. I played through the MGS series right before MGS IV and the PS2 games held up very well despite not being native HD. I may get this also simply to catch up on the series since its been so long since I played those games. First I need to beat Chains of Olympus though bc I never quite did.

graphics can be overrated. I played through the MGS series right before MGS IV and the PS2 games held up very well despite not being native HD. I may get this also simply to catch up on the series since its been so long since I played those games. First I need to beat Chains of Olympus though bc I never quite did.

I know visuals can be overrated, but i dont care. I want my games to look good. I dont get the same enjoyment out of playing old PS2/Xbox games that i used to. Every single game that i have gone back to play on an older system just doesn't feel the same as it once did....except for maybe Marvel vs Capcom 2.

I know visuals can be overrated, but i dont care. I want my games to look good. I dont get the same enjoyment out of playing old PS2/Xbox games that i used to. Every single game that i have gone back to play on an older system just doesn't feel the same as it once did....except for maybe Marvel vs Capcom 2.
I do to which is why I dont think theres much to worry here bc GoW1 and 2 were considered among the best looking PS2 games back then. Thats why I feel there wasnt much they could do bc they already an 2 pretty amazing looking titles. The original PS3s can upscale the games and GoW2 is already progressive scan and widescreen enabled. Looks pretty damn good

I do to which is why I dont think theres much to worry here bc GoW1 and 2 were considered among the best looking PS2 games back then. Thats why I feel there wasnt much they could do bc they already an 2 pretty amazing looking titles. The original PS3s can upscale the games and GoW2 is already progressive scan and widescreen enabled. Looks pretty damn good

Oh yea. I played through both games last summer for the first time and i was impressed how the game looked, even to my standards. I found it much easier to play through that compared to some other PS2/Xbox games, which is why i have my eye on this. If they can make it look just a tad smoother, ill really be able to enjoy it. Also id like to play through them again before God of War III comes out.

Well, the demo is tempting, but I don't see myself rebuying the games just because they are being 'cleaned up' in HD (not like they really need to for them or anything) and that. I'll just keep my fingers crossed that they'll put it up for download on PSN later

Last edited:
Yea if u already have the games, this collection really wouldnt do you much good. Id like to add God of War and God of War II to my collection before i add God of War III

My ps2 GOW dvds keep getting scratched somehow, so I have no choice, lol. Anyone know what the price will be yet?

Actually a good purchase for me. I traded in GoW 1&2 eons ago it seems. Now, I get the chance to play two of the best PS2 games on HD on my 40 inch Samsung? That's like asking me if Star Trek (the new one) is worth owning on blu-ray as opposed to DVD even though I've already seen it 3 times. Well, of course! Not to mention we have trophies to get this time around adding an extra level to re-playing.

Sign me up!

I did own and beat both games, but traded them in one of the times my ps2 stopped working, but I would definitely get this, I hope they do it with more franchises, I'd love if they did it for ico/shadow of the colossus, i already own the latter but i never got to play Ico

I did own and beat both games, but traded them in one of the times my ps2 stopped working, but I would definitely get this, I hope they do it with more franchises, I'd love if they did it for ico/shadow of the colossus, i already own the latter but i never got to play Ico

I would die and go to heaven if they remastered SotC. ICO is beautiful as it is really and would survive a HD translation fairly well. But SotC would shine like a star. The presentation on the PS2 was incredibly impressive. You really felt like you were fighting massive, deadly colossi. Especially the basilisk one. Just imagining some of those titans in PS3 resolutions and HDMI blu-ray uncompressed sound. Gives me chills really.

I would die and go to heaven if they remastered SotC. ICO is beautiful as it is really and would survive a HD translation fairly well. But SotC would shine like a star. The presentation on the PS2 was incredibly impressive. You really felt like you were fighting massive, deadly colossi. Especially the basilisk one. Just imagining some of those titans in PS3 resolutions and HDMI blu-ray uncompressed sound. Gives me chills really.
If they fixed the frame rate too, the game would be perfect. Their new game, The Last Guardian, looks epic.

Large comparison pics. Looks real nice. More at the jump.
god-of-war-collection-2009110602225.jpg

god-of-war-collection-2009110602220.jpg

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/104/1043015p1.html

Large comparison pics. Looks real nice. More at the jump.
god-of-war-collection-2009110602225.jpg

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/104/1043015p1.html

Yeah I saw these earlier today, it's amazing how good it looks, I have it reserved, I'm hoping they do the same with SOTC and ICO!!!:awesome::up: By the way I played the GoW III demo today and Kratos's character model is insane,:eek: the game looks and plays fantastically!!!:D:up:

Yeah, I'ma pick this up for sure next week. Along with Left 4 Dead 2.

Yep, think ill be going with this as well. I just cant purchase God of War III and not have I and II in my collection. Does the GoW III demo come with this?

Yep, think ill be going with this as well. I just cant purchase God of War III and not have I and II in my collection. Does the GoW III demo come with this?

Yep. There is a voucher for the demo packed in with the collection.

Toss me in the group that have never played 1 & 2, and will be picking this up tomorrow to catch up before 3's release. I've thought it over a few times before while walking thru Gamestop, but with both being $20 it was hard for me to jusitify buying 2 older games when I could get a brand new PS3 game for just a bit more. I'm not really a graphics ****e, but anymore I do tend to swing towards newer games over last generation games unless the last generation ones are a good game at a great deal (like Resident Evil 4 for $9).

Of course touched up graphics and trophies just sweetened the deal. Just having read thru the entire thread finally tho, it's even more awesome to just have found out a demo of 3 comes with it.

I agree that more games need to get re-releases like this. There are plenty of PS2 games I missed out on (that I'm slowly trying to catch back up on) when I switched to pure PC gaming for a bit last gen and sold my old PS2. All the better that the prices aren't inflated either, $40 for 2 games is not bad at all considering the original 2 are still $20 a piece in most places.

Finally i got this game from me mail. ^_^ Loving it! shame the cutscenes weren't done in HD quality. =/

By the way is there anyway to get subtitles in this version? Is it custom that US games don't have subtitles or what? =o

I own both the PS2 versions of the game, but I decided to buy this anyway and do not regret it at all. The up-conversion is absolutely stunning and the gameplay is much smoother.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"