God of War God of War: Ragnarök

Last of Gods of War did nothing for me and this one doesn't look any more interesting.

I cant believe that the whole "controversy" over Angrboda is still going on and that people working on the game needed to explain themself.

Its fine when they say **** you to the actual description for Thor and turn him into a Blonde guy, but a Giantess who gave birth to Fenrir cant be black.

Despite the fact that we have actual historical documents that speak about Vikings being black or the fact that the Giants in norse mythology sometimes are referred to having blue skin because they live in the realm of Ice.

Just say you dont want black people to exist and be done with it for gods sake.

EDIT:
https://www.artstation.com/artwork/Qzeyed

BTW, this is how she would look when we take what we know about Norse Mythology into account.
She would be a huge, Blue Woman.

Last edited:
Just remember, Norse symbology has been largely co-opted by neonazis.

Yeah, a black woman in a norse game was going to enrage the bigots.

I cant believe that the whole "controversy" over Angrboda is still going on and that people working on the game needed to explain themself.

Its fine when they say **** you to the actual description for Thor and turn him into a Blonde guy, but a Giantess who gave birth to Fenrir cant be black.

Despite the fact that we have actual historical documents that speak about Vikings being black or the fact that the Giants in norse mythology sometimes are referred to having blue skin because they live in the realm of Ice.

EDIT:

BTW, this is how she would look when we take what we know about Norse Mythology into account.
IS it really that odd? I mean as soon as I saw her I thought two things.

1. That's Loki's girlfriend.

2. ****ing racists.

I knew it was coming, so I ignored it. Any theoretical reasoning they come up with is going to be masking some BS. There is no nuance here to be had.

Just remember, Norse symbology has been largely co-opted by neonazis.

Yeah, a black woman in a norse game was going to enrage the bigots.

As a German who just loves Norse Mythology, i can attest to that so much.
You have to be so careful because otherwise you get mistaken for some neonazi group clown.
Very annoying that those cowards have smeared the imagery and all.

Just saw "Their" version of Angrboda...and what a surprise its a white girl.
Not even a hint of Blue skin or anything Norse mythology resembling.

IS it really that odd? I mean as soon as I saw her I thought two things.

1. That's Loki's girlfriend.

2. ****ing racists.

I knew it was coming, so I ignored it. Any theoretical reasoning they come up with is going to be masking some BS. There is no nuance here to be had.

With Norse mythology, "girlfriend" feels limiting. Sadly, I don't expect them to get full on weird with the mythology.

As a German who just loves Norse Mythology, i can attest to that so much.
You have to be so careful because otherwise you get mistaken for some neonazi group clown.
Very annoying that those cowards have smeared the imagery and all.

Just saw "Their" version of Angrboda...and what a surprise its a white girl.
Not even a hint of Blue skin or anything Norse mythology resembling.

I enjoy the show Forged in Fire. Fun competition show to watch. But the secondary game of "spot the neonazi" got exhausting. Mjolnir necklace? 50/50. Working in front of a blazing forge in a full sleeve shirt, oh, you got some innapropriate tats. Go to their home forge that has mysteriously open areas on the wall, oh, some memorabilia got removed.

Why should I play a game that I don't like?
You said the first game did nothing for you. I am asking if you played it, so then I can ask, what put you off? The defensive nature makes me think you didn't.

Hopefully we get the 3 realms not shown in the 2018 game.
I'm guessing Svartálfaheimr is shown in the trailer. Asgard is probably saved for the final act.
I'm hoping Asgard will be the biggest realm to visit, explore, do missions and side missions on and where most of the story happens, actually. It's the most important realm after Midgard.

I'd love to see Kratos take on Egyptian gods but I also feel like that vibe would have fit the old GoW Greek mythology Kratos better than the current Norse Kratos.
He found some Egyptian gods in the comics that precede the 2018 game. Horrible comics, but he did find some of those gods already. No major famous gods, though. He can just go back there after all of this is over in his norse life.

Looking at the character designs it looks pretty odd that Thor wears armor on his shoulders and arms but leaves all vital areas completely uncovered.
It`s like he is inviting the enemy to hit him.
Like a "you think you can hurt me? You're welcome to try. See what happens."

You said the first game did nothing for you. I am asking if you played it, so then I can ask, what put you off? The defensive nature makes me think you didn't.
I didn't play it. I watched about first two hours of a walkthrough to decide if I want to get it and experience it myself. I didn't like what I saw in the first two hours. Then I decided I don't want to play it.

I can tell you want put me off in the first two hours, if you're interested.

Why should I play a game that I don't like?
Why would you come into a thread for a game you don't like, to say that you didn't like or play the first game, and aren't interested in the second one? lol

EDIT:

Angrboda is blue skinned in AC Vahalla.

I didn't play it. I watched about first two hours of a walkthrough to decide if I want to get it and experience it myself. I didn't like what I saw in the first two hours. Then I decided I don't want to play it.

I can tell you want put me off in the first two hours, if you're interested.
I am definitely curious. So if you don't mind, yes.

Why would you come into a thread for a game you don't like, to say that you didn't like or play the first game, and aren't interested in the second one? lol
Because it's a big franchise and the games I used to play. I'm also a fan of Fallout 1-2 and still keep and eye on the franchise, despite not playing it since F3 (which I didn't finish). Not sure what I expect from Bethesda regarding Fallout at this point, but here I am.
I am definitely curious. So if you don't mind, yes.
1) I liked old GoW games and the new one felt immediately too slow, with a restrictive camera. Gameplay felt too repetitive and lacked the arcade feel of pre-reboot games.
2) I didn't like the shift in tone not for the fact of it, but because somber just didn't work for me. It's too "Last of Us", down to a brat as an NPC partner. The game just lost it's own identity.

Angrboda is blue skinned in AC Vahalla.

Im not that far into AC Valhalla yet, but cool to know.
Cant wait to explore and see really how they tackled the Aesir in the AC fashion.

Now I do agree with some previous comments that this trailer for the sequel wasn’t that great, it feels like something is missing… maybe it feels somewhat stale and not like it’s aiming to upgrade and be better, but more to continue the same trends… Hard to put my finger on it.
Maybe it's because we don't get a feeling of discovering a completely new world with this one, whereas with the previous game, everything would be fresh. From gameplay, to performances, mythos, the journey ahead...

So what is missing is probably this feeling of uncovering something new with familiar characters. What we get now is a continuation of many aspects that we already know how it's going to play out, only with some improvements/changes here and there.

Maybe it's because we don't get a feeling of discovering a completely new world with this one, whereas with the previous game, everything would be fresh. From gameplay, to performances, mythos, the journey ahead...

So what is missing is probably this feeling of uncovering something new with familiar characters. What we get now is a continuation of many aspects that we already know how it's going to play out, only with some improvements/changes here and there.
It’s that and it lacks a bit of wow factor in the footage. I guess the answer to that would be that they’ll be saving most of the really good stuff for the game.

It’s that and it lacks a bit of wow factor in the footage. I guess the answer to that would be that they’ll be saving most of the really good stuff for the game.
It makes me think the game is farther off then I would hope. That said, I feel like the trailers for the first game weren't all that good "as trailers" either.

I just expected a bit more out of this first look. I loved the previous game and if this one is 80% as good we'll still be in business.

They have a ton of stuff to play with in terms of Nordic mythology and they can easily deliver great stuff with what we haven’t see so far. Thor, Odin and Surtur would be at the very top of my list. They deliver on that, plus a decent story and some fun updates on the game mechanics/gameplay and I’ll be very happy.

I guess I’m kind of downplaying my expectations so that I can be satisfied or even pleasantly surprised.

The more time that passes, the more I think that this game will not be the end of the Norse story. But our time in the Nine Realms will be. I really do think we will end up in Egypt finally, maybe after being locked out of the nine Realms. Forced to fight our way back to the boy. Maybe Odin cut a deal. Maybe that was Tyr's original mission, that had him going around talking to others.

I just expected a bit more out of this first look. I loved the previous game and if this one is 80% as good we'll still be in business.

They have a ton of stuff to play with in terms of Nordic mythology and they can easily deliver great stuff with what we haven’t see so far. Thor, Odin and Surtur would be at the very top of my list. They deliver on that, plus a decent story and some fun updates on the game mechanics/gameplay and I’ll be very happy.

I guess I’m kind of downplaying my expectations so that I can be satisfied or even pleasantly surprised.
They showed more here then the first look for the last game. There is a lot of lore in the trailer as well. They will tease the big 2, and Surtur, I doubt we see before the game is released. I think our big reveal will be Thor in action.

Still, I can understand the disappointment. I hope more looks will help get you excited and the game meets your expectation on release. :up:

It makes me think the game is farther off then I would hope. That said, I feel like the trailers for the first game weren't all that good "as trailers" either.
How far would you guess?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"