God of War God of War: Ragnarök

TLoU Part 2 and now this. PS Studios giving some roguelite love.
I want it for Horizon next, please. Maybe next game...

So has anyone played the DLC how is it? I deleted GOW to make room for Spidey 2 wondering if its worth redownloading and playing the DLC

So has anyone played the DLC how is it? I deleted GOW to make room for Spidey 2 wondering if its worth redownloading and playing the DLC
It's pretty good as an epilogue to both GoW '18 and Ragnarok.

I'm struggling against the final boss battle even at a lower difficulty but I guess that's the nature of Roguelike. It almost doesn't matter since I had the final cutscene spoiled for me thanks to YouTube's rude algorithm. :o

It's pretty good as an epilogue to both GoW '18 and Ragnarok.

I'm struggling against the final boss battle even at a lower difficulty but I guess that's the nature of Roguelike. It almost doesn't matter since I had the final cutscene spoiled for me thanks to YouTube's rude algorithm. :o
How does the roguelike part of it work? Do you have to start from scratch if you lose to the boss?

How does the roguelike part of it work? Do you have to start from scratch if you lose to the boss?
There are six chapters to it, the first two don't have traditional boss battles but the last four have variations of fighting the same boss and it gets harder every time. If you die, you start back at the beginning of that chapter. Thankfully it doesn't knock you back to the beginning of the whole DLC, though it does give you that option if you want to start over from scratch at the beginning as well.

There are six chapters to it, the first two don't have traditional boss battles but the last four have variations of fighting the same boss and it gets harder every time. If you die, you start back at the beginning of that chapter. Thankfully it doesn't knock you back to the beginning of the whole DLC, though it does give you that option if you want to start over from scratch at the beginning as well.
Ok that's not quite as bad then. Don't know if I would even bother playing it (would watch instead) if it sent you back to the beginning lol. I quite like trying games on harder difficulties but only when there's checkpoints all over the place. Repeating a bunch of easier stuff for the 80th time to then get one-shotted at the hard bit is as annoying as games get for me. Put the checkpoint directly before the hard bit please! The roguelike trend is not for me at all.

Ok that's not quite as bad then. Don't know if I would even bother playing it (would watch instead) if it sent you back to the beginning lol. I quite like trying games on harder difficulties but only when there's checkpoints all over the place. The roguelike trend is not for me at all.
I'm not a huge fan of it myself because too much repetition is a pet peeve of mine in gaming, even with a game I really enjoy like GOW.

Case in point of why the creator is not always the best voice of a creation.

Kratos in the 2018 GOW and especially Ragnarok is the first time in the character's history that he's been truly likable and sympathetic. Him being a murderous killing machine in the original games is all well and fine, but if you have an opportunity to evolve the character then why not go for it?

I agree Kratos being vengeful became overplayed that’s why when they gave him a Family it made it more interesting… at least for me.

Kratos in the 2018 GOW and especially Ragnarok is the first time in the character's history that he's been truly likable and sympathetic. Him being a murderous killing machine in the original games is all well and fine, but if you have an opportunity to evolve the character then why not go for it?
Yeah, a positive development IMO.

Such a consistently great series. One day I will play them all back to back. :cwink:

Yeah, a positive development IMO.

Such a consistently great series. One day I will play them all back to back. :cwink:
That's what I did way back when the Covid lockdown started in 2020. I had the time to play through God of War 1-3 plus the extra games like Chains of Olympus and Ascension that were all on Playstation Plus at the time (not sure if they still are) then followed it up with God of War 2018. A friend of mine had been urging me to play GOW 18 before then but I was hesitant because I hadn't played the first games yet. He told me that I didn't need to, which is kind of true but I'm glad I waited and played them all in order anyway because it makes you appreciate the whole scope of Kratos's story.

That's what I did way back when the Covid lockdown started in 2020. I had the time to play through God of War 1-3 plus the extra games like Chains of Olympus and Ascension that were all on Playstation Plus at the time (not sure if they still are) then followed it up with God of War 2018. A friend of mine had been urging me to play GOW 18 before then but I was hesitant because I hadn't played the first games yet. He told me that I didn't need to, which is kind of true but I'm glad I waited and played them all in order anyway because it makes you appreciate the whole scope of Kratos's story.
Awesome! Yeah, not needed but a much better way to do it.

I'd be up for a remaster provided it's done well. It's also a smart move to make the older games a bit more accessible for those who've played GoW 18 and Ragnarok and want to revisit the older games.

Oh thought I’d already posted on here about the remaster, hope it happens and that will be the motivation for me to do a full playthrough of all the games back to back.

I don't know why these remasters took this long? Like Mass Effect trilogy, Red Dead Redemption 1, older games of Metal Gear Solid and GTA Trilogy, these should have been in the ps4 way back in the mid 2010s.

I hope it happens though. I haven't played the first God of War. I played God of War 2 in the ps2, but I didn't finish it due to a game breaking bug. God of War 3, I played the remaster in the PS4.

I don't know why these remasters took this long? Like Mass Effect trilogy, Red Dead Redemption 1, older games of Metal Gear Solid and GTA Trilogy, these should have been in the ps4 way back in the mid 2010s.

I hope it happens though. I haven't played the first God of War. I played God of War 2 in the ps2, but I didn't finish it due to a game breaking bug. God of War 3, I played the remaster in the PS4.
GoW 3 I replayed within a reasonable timeframe but it’s been a very long time for the first 2. This is one of the best series of games so I’m happy for them to keep it going forever and keep upgrading the older versions.

Spoilers

Just put in 52 hours to beat it and stop have so much to do after. This game was amazing though. Look forward to the third. I would have Kratos and freya live in peace and start a family together, and maybe Atreus needs their help so Kratos Cole’s it of retirement.

Man I don’t want anymore Atreus gameplay but seems that’s where we are headed. Kratos will become the side character.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"