Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire

I saw something on Twitter regarding this film that I wished I hadn't seen, would have been cool to see it in the film for the 1st time.
I can see that this is quite removed from the tone of G14 so I'm just accepting to turn my mind off and enjoy this for what it is.

Seeing this again as my first 4DX film during my day-trip to NYC Saturday. This was a lot of fun and I'm glad to see the Monsterverse balance the seriousness with a sense of fun.

Now if only DC Comics' films could do that more often....

I need a full list of every large city that simply doesn't exist in this Universe...

Off the top pf my head, we have essentially eliminated;

San Francisco
Boston
Tokyo
Las Vegas
Washington, D.C.
[the pyramids]

What am I missing?
Hong Kong in GvK, Rio de Janeiro in GxK

So i think its safe to bet anywhere from 30 - 50 million this weekend. which given that its probably going to be about 90 - 95 million going into the weekend...odds are wer're going to be looking at anywhere between $120 - $145 million by next monday.

IF it could hit $200 million by the end of three weeks...that would be outstanding.

A second watch of this honestly made me enjoy it even more than before. And the human team in this one feel very close to the characters in Godzilla: The Series in terms of tone & their relationship with Kong.

There's so many places they could go with the MonsterVerse from here. But, as I've said before, I'm really hoping we get to see SpaceGodzilla.

This movie is the perfect kind of dumb fun I was expecting. Just a total lack of unseriousness that takes you along for the ride. I enjoyed myself a lot.

The only thing I don't particularly care for is Wingard's characterization of Godzilla.

I am really hoping Hiya is announcing stuff first because they announce stuff much earlier before release than Tamashii Nations. Because I really want SH Monsterarts for the stuff in this movie. Oh well, with how Monsterarts releases shaped up this year, freed up some fund for Godzilla 72.

Next year is going to be rough, if that is when the GxK figures trickle out and the likely rereleases for Destroyah's 30th anniversery.

So i think its safe to bet anywhere from 30 - 50 million this weekend. which given that its probably going to be about 90 - 95 million going into the weekend...odds are we're going to be looking at anywhere between $120 - $145 million by next monday.

IF it could hit $200 million by the end of three weeks...that would be outstanding.

Tuesday numbers are in at 6.8 Mil

We're now currently sitting at $94 million. Odds are looking good for $150 by Monday

Man, and here I though $150 domestic was going to be the ceiling. Granted, OW ended up twice what they were talking about.

Man, and here I though $150 domestic was going to be the ceiling. Granted, OW ended up twice what they were talking about.

Roughly twice but your not wrong. I think we all might have underestimated this one.

GxK has a CHANCE to overthrow G14 as the highest Domestic MV release & KSI as highest International & WW release.

Magic #s that GvK has to beat:

Domestic: $200.6 Million
International: $400. 6 Million
WW: $568.6 Million

We don't have Wed #s but as of Tuesday GvK is at the following

Domestic: $94.5 Million
Int: $115.1 Million
WW: $209.6 Million

Domestic will be there or over halfway by Friday. So its got a fighting chance.

Estimated $4.6m on Wednesday.
Domestic now at $99m

In the full article, he reiterates that he'd want G&K 3 to be Godzilla centric and hit the same emotional beats as the Destoroyah movie. I don't think it necessarily means Destoroyah is going to be brought into the next movie, but considering what Wingard's done for Kong and how Godzilla seemed pushed more into the background in this recent entry, it would be a really interesting route to take.

Also praises Akira Ifukube's score from that movie, which makes hope against hope that Junkie XL will not be returning to score the next one.

Still GxK is making bank...use that money to bring us the Satan Crab!

Another $4.1m yesterday. Domestic now up to $103.3 heading into it's 2nd weekend.

Also praises Akira Ifukube's score from that movie, which makes hope against hope that Junkie XL will not be returning to score the next one.
For my money, I think Ludwig Goransson would make a dope Godzilla soundtrack. He’s really good at the quiet emotional stuff and the big bombastic epic stuff.

Hell, on his Wakanda Forever soundtrack, there is a piece that practically sounds like it could’ve come out of a Heisei era Godzilla film:

It's beyond refreshing to see this one performing so well because I definitely feel it deserves it.

This is a lot of fun and manages to set high stakes without being overly dramatic & cheesy about it. GxK hit the right tone for a Godzilla & Kong film & further expands on the mythology of the latter in new ways that make him more interesting.

I'm sincerely hoping this one overtakes the '14 installment. Not because I have anything against the latter, I just want GxK to go as high as possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"