Goodbye 2020 (Good Riddance) - Hello 2021

InCali

My Buddy - Max the Dog
Reaction score
So, it occurred to me that 2020 maybe wasn't the best year we've ever had, but something good probably happened along the way. If I recall correctly, @Spider-Fan welcomed a new family addition. That's certainly something to celebrate.

What was something good that happened in 2020?

What are your hopes and aspirations for 2021?

I started exercising again (well started in 2019 actually). I was diagnosed with an illness that appears will never return so I'm happy about that. I've had some time to spend with my mother and she doesn't have many years left so I'm thankful about that too.

My hope for 2021 is to make some real progress in getting my affairs together so I can move back to Santa Cruz from West LA. I've been talking to a couple of friends about buying a multi family lot and creating a family compound (complete with semi indoor swimming pool which I plan to also use as a home theater. I'm also thinking of scaling back on work. I've working a a very high pressure, but rewarding; both financially and creatively, job for some time and am in a financial situation where I can afford to scale back on my work if I get out from under the albatross that is my mortgage. I could even retire completely, if I find something to do that will occupy my time. It would be a radical departure for me, but I think I'd like to work in a movie theater. I have a lot of background in financial matters, technology, and planning, but would be happy being a ticket taker.

I don't know if there's a similar thread. If so, the Mods can move this.

That is correct, there was a little SF added to the family this year and she already had daddy wrapped around her little finger, lol. Made the year worth it for that alone

Not to hopefully for 2021 to be better at least not the first half. I mean a lot of places had to like shut back down over just the last few weeks so it's not like we are going to be normal by next week hoping by middle 2021 things are more normal. When it comes to this year I would put following has good.

1. Lakers won first championship sense 2010.

2. Ps5 came out

3. Heard like pet adoptions are up I guess sense people are feeling more money so nice that more animals are finding a loving home.

4. Made more money this year because of covid. Have got a few bonuses at work because of working threw it like hadsericst pay and with stimulus check from months ago and with apartments messing up stuff I got money back. Between all of that I have made about $2400 extra this year and sounds like we might be getting a second stimulus check for 600 and another bounse of like 125 or something.

Well something good that happened to me in 2020 is that I’m still alive and covid free, and it’s damn near January. A lot of my family and friends are unscathed and healthy also so for that I am grateful.

For 2021 I just pray that we all can forge ahead to the path of restoration and that pleasant surprises happen.

Good things in 2020 are that I'm doing well financially and both myself and everyone I know is thus far unscathed by COVID (hopefully not a "knock on wood" statement).

For 2021 I just dearly hope we can forge ahead to get out of this mess as soon as possible, transition to a new administration that will actually take our problems seriously, and that both I and those I care about can stay COVID-free.

I'm financially well myself and no one in my family got sick, though one or two tested positive, they just had no symptoms. I managed to upgrade both my tablet and my Kindle as they had aged out. So, other than some stress over politics my year wasn't awful. :)

Well, 2020 for me definitely was a crash of all the lofty health and self goals I set out to do at the start, and while it was a god awful miserable year of isolation and wiping down groceries, I do feel some relief that I survived it with the family intact. Definitely not a smooth one, mentally lots of strain within the family and marriage, but despite some very tough times we’re moving into 2021 intact. Even managed a decent Xmas for the little guy despite a strained budget due to the pandemic, though not without help from parents on both sides, so thankful for that.

Maybe if we get one thing out of this year its that we really do need each other. I think those most isolated are having the worst of it. :( We are stronger together and helping, not fighting.

tZMSvDs.jpeg

I'll feel happier when enough people have been vaccinated that we can open up our society both economically and socially as to have a semblance of normality again...

Maybe summer 2021? :confused:

Well, the good thing was getting my own place.

The bad thing was the reason for getting my own place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"