• Rings of Power

Fantasy TV is now The Lord of the Rings!

• We're moving

Heroes are moving to the Movies sections!

A Goodbye Thread? I'm Not So Sure... Those're lame, after all.

You're in an awful situation.

Get your education.

I'm going to be praying for you a lot.

But get your education.

Agreed with WHF and Mee.

But you're coming back though, so just go on an unannounced hiatus :huh:

BRING MASTER CHIEF BACK

Sorry to hear that. I know what it feels like when a parent is diagnosed with cancer. Hopefully he'll be ok.

Everyone has said pretty much what I wanted to express, Devin.
You're clearly a bright kid, and I'm sure you'll get through this and anything else thrown your way.

Please keep us in the know. We can be a little rough around here but we can rally when needed. ;)

^^^Exactly. It's hard to say something profound that hasn't already been said. But I wanted to at least let you know that you are in my thoughts.

Matt Murdock,

You were one of the first posters to defend me since I returned last month. You are very intelligent, and I agree with the posts above... do whatever you can to not only get through high school, but to excel in college. Personal loss is always difficult to overcome, but in time, you will persevere. You will come out stronger, and will be well equipped to confront anything trivial which comes your way because of your strength through these difficult times.

I hope to see you return, though my presence won't be guaranteed here much longer for professional reasons. Best of luck, my fellow House fan. Be strong.

Matt, so sorry about all this. You sound pretty healthy, considering all of it. Good for your coach. I hope he stays in your life. :up: And now that you know how short life can be, I hope you really make the most of yours. It sounds to me like you have the right stuff to succeed. :up:

Group hug from the hype.
6.gif

sorry to hear things haven't turned out so well matt murdoch , there are alot of times when you get the worst cards in the deck but you have to be strong , i wish you better luck in the future .

You will always be the Jim to my Michael and always remember the good times we had with Dwight.

Sorry to hear about that man,You are one of my favorite posters on the Hype.Even through you did say my manips sucked at first :hoboj:,But I hope everything works out for you :daredevil

Good luck and stay strong man. Hopefully you find your way back to the Hype some day.

A very tough situation, and it sounds like you've risen to the challenge of growing up very quickly. Be strong for your father. He needs you now more than ever. And do what you need to do to take care of yourself so that you can be strong for him. Don't lose sight of what's important in life, and pay attention to your education as getting the most out of it will carry you far. Good luck to you and to your father.

jag

I'm sorry to hear about your mum and dad, i hope that 20% is on his side and he pulls through.

Take care and hope to see you around sometime.

I think this is the first time a "goodbye SHH" post has actually brought tears to my eyes. I know we didn't talk a lot Deven but just from that one post you seem like an intelligent and brave person! I'm sorry you had to go through such tragedy in your life.

My dad was scheduled to begin Chemo a week ago tomorrow but the doctors elected not to give it to him. His tumors have not grown at all. Not one single bit. In fact, it appears that two of his tumors have started to shrink on their own, this is a process called necrosis. Essentially, the tumor cells are dying on their own for no apparent reason.

I also got my report card today and I'm incredibly pleased to report that...

AP US Literature:
Quarter 2: A-
Exam: A

AP US History:
Quarter 2: A
Exam: B

Advanced Latin:
Quarter 2: B-
Exam: A

Environmental Science:
Quarter 2: B+
Exam: B+

Algebra II:
Quarter 2: A
Exam: A+

Economics:
Quarter 2: A+
Exam: A+

Ethics:
Quarter 2: B-
Exam: A+ (We were given the choice between a test and a presentation... I chose the latter.)

It seems that everything has gotten back on track. :up:

My teachers, in light of the recent jarring of my personal life, elected to cut me some slack and let me make up my missing work.

I hope that everyone enjoyed their january.

Wow Matt.... i just found this thread by clicking your sigline about 15 minutes ago.

Just wanted to say sorry about all you've gone through. I hope everything will continue to get better :)

Sorry to hear about the news Devin. If you need people to talk to, you know where to come.

That's great news about your Dad, Mattie. :up:
Congrats on the good grades. :yay:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"