Days of Future Past "Goodness Gracious, Great Balls of Fire!" - The Adan Canto Thread

looks like they gone the cheaper approach to his character, esp when you look at the FC concept art that was to expensive to do according to vaughn

I hope he's going to be more than another Pyro...

I'm happy with how he looks and I won't mind if he doesn't fire up his entire body.

Adan Canto on his role as Sunspot

At a press event for his new ABC series Mixology he admitted to being a comic book newbie but had a strong handle on the film franchise. “It wasn't entirely a new world because I had followed the previous movies, but I did jump into the comic books world a bit to understand: Who is this guy? What's his life like?” Canto delved into Bobby’s comic book history, initially crafted by legendary X-Men and New Mutants scribe Chris Clarement and artists Bob McLeod and Bill Sienkiewicz. “I just find I work better that way when I understand what's in his mind, where he's coming from. I pretty much took most of the things I read and I brought them to the table. He's a fiery guy. There's a lot of passion with Sunspot – a lot of experiences that brought him to want to explode all the time, but he's a positive guy. There was just a lot of material – very helpful!”

Canto was thrilled to get a chance to get a window into the working world of director Bryan Singer as he made his return to the X-films. “It's inspiring to see somebody that knows exactly what he wants, and he sees it in his mind,” says Canto. “When you're working with him, you can see the whole game plan in his head, and just to make things work the way he makes them work is great. And to be a part of that as an actor and simply as a person in this industry, it was just a great learning experience to take things to the next level.”

http://www.fandango.com/movieblog/b...ens-new-mutant-sunspot-speaks-out-747083.html

Ive been wondering something all this time, and I think some fans have answered it, but right now, I dont remember, lol, so....

Does Sunspot fly on the comics or not? or has he ever flyed?

I saw that on one wikipedia article and on a different site, but wasnt sure it was the case.

thanks for telling then.

Now I wonder how many flying mutants will actually be on the future.

Just Storm and Magneto levitating? or Storm and Sunspot too? or Storm, Warpath and Sunspot?

the latest would be too epic to be true, lol. So more than likely, two at most.

We've seen Storm and Magneto fly/levitate from stills for DOFP. And Warpath's cover mentions he can fly, so he'll more than likely do that. Sunspot might.

the sad thing could be that with Halle limited time on set, its pretty possible we wont have a sequence involving two mutants flying at the same time.

We saw Banshee and Angel flying at the same time during a few times on FC, so one would think we would get something even bigger and better this time against the sentinels.

but Im afraid it wont be the case

UnB2mC9.jpg

I'm curious about the burn marks on his jaws, he has those in the Empire cover too.

They haven't released a wolverine one yet :hmm

Canto's got some Ben Foster - look in him. I was wondering of whom he reminded me.

never thought of it.

but now that you mention it.... it could be the nose, its similar to Ben, and then the dark look in his eyes, I guess, since Ben has that type of vibe on many photos (and movies)

I'm curious about the burn marks on his jaws, he has those in the Empire cover too.

I noticed that too. I'm thinking that maybe he generates flame but isn't entirely impervious to it? Not sure I love that angle but it's interesting.

He looks more Magma than Sunspot

It looks like he might be flying next to Storm

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"