Guardians of the Galaxy GOTG 2 Villain?

To me, what makes the most sense is a villain that would "destroy" (temporarily) the NOVA Corps. A villain that could do that would be of such a threat to be able to carry the movie.

The Annihilation Wave being the cause of NOVA's destruction makes so much sense, and with Nova's connection to Annihilus I'm actually surprised that Annihilus isn't another shared commodity.

At the same time it doesn't have to be Annihilus who controls the Annihilation Wave. It could be any major baddie, or group of baddies, so getting past Annihilus, I would want to see...

The Kree, possibly.

images

They've already been established in the Marvel movie/tv universe. I could see Nebula, under orders from Thanos (or on her own) make a deal with the Kree to destroy Xandar and the NOVA Corps.

Another possibility is...

The Beyonders (or just one Beyonder).

4415475-beyonders003.jpg

Let's face it, if there's a movie for the Beyonder to be introduced it's Guardians. They could also lead to Battleworld, for another flick (if you get my reference).

Another way to go would be...

Korvac. Obviously they would need to change his origin, but he could be redone in such a way that makes sense and maintains him as a major cosmic force.

detail1.jpg

Another one is...

Mar-Vel. He's a pretty interesting character that could lead to Captain Marvel, which I know many would like to see.

I guess they could try Variation on...

Terminus. Maybe instead of an entire race, just go with one dude.

character_4384_f.jpg

Or, as someone else recommended, go with...

Kang.

Kang-the-Conqueror.jpeg

Yes, Kang isn't necessarily a Guardians villain, but the Avengers villains seem to be somewhat planned out for a while. If Kang was going to fit as a villain in a non-Avengers movie, maybe Guardians would be the best option.

One thing that I would really love to see (as I've mentioned elsewhere) is the destruction of the NOVA Corps lead to Rhomman Dey being ordered by NOVA Prime to take something (or somethings), such as the infinity gem, and get it someplace safe. This could lead to someone like Nebula chasing after Dey, who ends up crashing on Earth. How great would it be to see this lead to the origin of Nova (Richard Ryder version), which in the end would lead to him having to give up his power so the NOVA Corps can be reestablished.

http://****************.com/wp-content/uploads/NovaSpace1.jpg

And, of course, this could even lead to a live action (tv or movie - (I'd rather see tv)) New Warriors!

3206227-initiative02814.jpg

Also, whatever story/villains they go with they will need to find a way to get Yondu into the story, as well as Peter's pops, who I still believe will end up being Starfox!

Starfox-062d6.jpg

To me, what makes the most sense is a villain that would "destroy" (temporarily) the NOVA Corps. A villain that could do that would be of such a threat to be able to carry the movie.

The Annihilation Wave being the cause of NOVA's destruction makes so much sense, and with Nova's connection to Annihilus I'm actually surprised that Annihilus isn't another shared commodity.

At the same time it doesn't have to be Annihilus who controls the Annihilation Wave. It could be any major baddie, or group of baddies, so getting past Annihilus, I would want to see...

The Kree, possibly.

images

They've already been established in the Marvel movie/tv universe. I could see Nebula, under orders from Thanos (or on her own) make a deal with the Kree to destroy Xandar and the NOVA Corps.

Another possibility is...

The Beyonders (or just one Beyonder).

4415475-beyonders003.jpg

Let's face it, if there's a movie for the Beyonder to be introduced it's Guardians. They could also lead to Battleworld, for another flick (if you get my reference).

Another way to go would be...

Korvac. Obviously they would need to change his origin, but he could be redone in such a way that makes sense and maintains him as a major cosmic force.

detail1.jpg

Another one is...

Mar-Vel. He's a pretty interesting character that could lead to Captain Marvel, which I know many would like to see.

I guess they could try Variation on...

Terminus. Maybe instead of an entire race, just go with one dude.

character_4384_f.jpg

Or, as someone else recommended, go with...

Kang.

Kang-the-Conqueror.jpeg

Yes, Kang isn't necessarily a Guardians villain, but the Avengers villains seem to be somewhat planned out for a while. If Kang was going to fit as a villain in a non-Avengers movie, maybe Guardians would be the best option.

One thing that I would really love to see (as I've mentioned elsewhere) is the destruction of the NOVA Corps lead to Rhomman Dey being ordered by NOVA Prime to take something (or somethings), such as the infinity gem, and get it someplace safe. This could lead to someone like Nebula chasing after Dey, who ends up crashing on Earth. How great would it be to see this lead to the origin of Nova (Richard Ryder version), which in the end would lead to him having to give up his power so the NOVA Corps can be reestablished.

http://****************.com/wp-content/uploads/NovaSpace1.jpg

And, of course, this could even lead to a live action (tv or movie - (I'd rather see tv)) New Warriors!

3206227-initiative02814.jpg

Also, whatever story/villains they go with they will need to find a way to get Yondu into the story, as well as Peter's pops, who I still believe will end up being Starfox!

Starfox-062d6.jpg

Why doesn't thanos destry the nova corps himself? Would go to show how powerful he is. He has hsd two loses so far and been mugged off by ronan he needs a win. It would give nova a reason to be pissed with him.

^^^ I agree with this. Thanos gets the stone, and the remnants of Nova Corp, along with the Guardians and Starfox (maybe), follow Thanos to Earth where they help defeat him and recruit a human to become Nova.

I thought I heard that Marvel doesn't have the rights to Kang since he's related to Reed Richards.

Last edited:
I think a problem could be as Thanos said "Okay, now i do it by my own"!

That should mean, that he does not rely on someone else (like Ronan in the first movie), but has to be villian by himself ;)

That problem will also be in "Thor: Ragnarok". And maybe "Captain Marvel".

^^^ I agree with this. Thanos gets the stone, and the remnants of Nova Corp, along with the Guardians and Starfox (maybe), follow Thanos to Earth where they help defeat him and recruit a human to become Nova.

That's a very good idea and a good way to get a human into space as a Nova. Maybe Richard Rider does something heroic on earth and this is why they chose him.

I was almost positive that Matriarch was going to be the villain until it was confirmed that the bad guy is going to be male.

Right now my best guesses are Count Abyss, Magus or Korvac.

I was almost positive that Matriarch was going to be the villain until it was confirmed that the bad guy is going to be male.

Right now my best guesses are Count Abyss, Magus or Korvac.

I feel Korvac is a strong one.

Or Magus.

Hoping we get someone like Blastaar as a partial villain also at least.

Magus would be so awesome to see if they bring him in. He's one of the many reasons Adam Warlock needs to be introduced. The mythology is so rich & there's so much to play around with cinematically.

Magus would be so awesome to see if they bring him in. He's one of the many reasons Adam Warlock needs to be introduced. The mythology is so rich & there's so much to play around with cinematically.

Agreed.

And beyond that, I've always found him to be more of a perfect foil for Thanos than Drax. Don't get me wrong, Drax is awesome, but Warlock is better in pretty much every way.

And beyond that, I've always found him to be more of a perfect foil for Thanos than Drax. Don't get me wrong, Drax is awesome, but Warlock is better in pretty much every way.

Hhhhm, I don't know, you are talking to a big Drax fan here, I like both a lot but I love Drax's rivalry with Thanos, I especially loved when it came to a head in Annihilation :wow:.

I agree for sure. The way Thanos is, his rival can't just be someone physical.

Warlock challenges him in every single way possible, and they have a legitimate character relationship that is pretty deep. I agree, Warlock is the better foil for Thanos.

I agree for sure. The way Thanos is, his rival can't just be someone physical.

Warlock challenges him in every single way possible, and they have a legitimate character relationship that is pretty deep. I agree, Warlock is the better foil for Thanos.

You 2 leave my Drax alone! :cmad:

Annihilation Drax was just too much of a bad ass for people to not love him. I did like old Drax as well though.

I'd love to see annihilation wave played out on screen. As far as this movie, I feel the most likely answer is The universal church of truth.

I'd love to see annihilation wave played out on screen. As far as this movie, I feel the most likely answer is The universal church of truth.
yup, i assume that's what we gonna get...

Gonna go out on a really long limb here and go with Aegis (Debicki) and Taserface (Russell) as the villains.

Villains got leaked this morning on the site that shall not be named - Ayesha, Taserface, and Tullk.

/speculation

Last edited:
Are Ayesha and Taserface and the Ravagers not The Main Villains ????

Well after reading this quote from a while back, I don't know anymore...

Was it not confirmed that it would be Ayesha?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

• C. Lee
    Superherohype Administrator

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"