Guardians of the Galaxy Guardians of the Galaxy in Avengers 2?

Artistsean

Monkey Boy
Reaction score
2467307-500201bc0916a.jpg

2856923-chris_pratt.png

Starlord

Maybe this was already covered some place, but do you think the reason they are
moving forward so fast on the Guardians of the Galaxy is because they are going to
show up in Avengers 2, like they did in the comic that was similar to the movie, and
that Iron Man will go with them into space like he does in the comic and that is also
why they presented the Guardian comic like it was introducing a movie? (With the plot,
the design of the new costumes, and Quill not having a mask or helmet.0
2813343-guardiand_of_the_galaxy__mcguinness_variant__by_martegracia_d5rl1tm.jpg

The Comic where Iron Man went into Space, Avengers Assemble (the comic based on the movies) (also the name of the new cartoon based on the movies):
2403786-guardians.jpg

Last edited:
Eh I dont think so. I think the Guardians will set up Thanos as a bad guy and then use him again in Avengers, similar to what they did with Loki. If the Guardians DO show up in A2 it's just going to hurt the film IMO. I want Avengers movies to be about the Avengers, and Guardians movies to be about the Guardians.

Probably just quick cameos or something

Not at all. Reference, but none of them make appearances.

I actually hope they all end up dead at the end of GOTG anyway, to be totally honest. Except maybe Star Lord, who makes it back to Earth, but dies after telling Nick Fury about the threat of Thanos.

Not at all. Reference, but none of them make appearances.

I actually hope they all end up dead at the end of GOTG anyway, to be totally honest. Except maybe Star Lord, who makes it back to Earth, but dies after telling Nick Fury about the threat of Thanos.
:dry:

I for real don't understand the "kill off the GOTG" mentality must be coming from non guardians fans. I am 100% sure they won't be killed off that idea is stupid and makes absolutely no sense. This has the potential to be another big franchise for Marvel why throw it away.

I know it's crazy. I'm just thinking from a story line view, not a franchise standpoint. Truth be told I'm not the biggest Guardians fan, so I have no emotional connection to them. I think they could be used much like Agent Coulson in The Avengers. End it with an emotional, heroic death. This would bring the audience in emotionally and show off the true power of Thanos.

That's just my opinion. Don't get too offended guys.

I can just imagine Thanos busting into Icarus, if they go that route and killing Rocket Raccoon. Then later in the final battle, he blasts through Groot, tragically kills Gamora and Drax, realizing they can't win, sends an injured Starlord to Earth to warn of Thanos, then sacrifices himself in an attempt to kill Thanos.

In the two mid-credit stingers, you see: 1) Thanos, while hurt, has survived and 2) you see Starlord waken in a panic in a SHIELD medical center, and he warns Nick Fury of the danger coming their way.

I'm sure James Gunn and co will be happy to make a movie that develops a half-dozen characters for two hours just so they can be mowed down at the end as a commercial for another movie :up:

I for real don't understand the "kill off the GOTG" mentality must be coming from non guardians fans. I am 100% sure they won't be killed off that idea is stupid and makes absolutely no sense. This has the potential to be another big franchise for Marvel why throw it away.
The .1 comic feels very much like the set up to an epic space movie franchise. And I am sure 100% that they will not kill them off.

Preview of the comic:
prv15409_cov.jpg

prv15409_pg3.jpg

prv15409_pg4.jpg

prv15409_pg5.jpg

prv15409_pg6.jpg
It just seems too coincidental that they have been going with the preparations fort the GOTG film so much and Avengers 2 hasn't come out yet. They already have Quill cast, they already said who will be on the team. They have redesigned their costumes for the comics to be more movie friendly (no helmets) and the GOTG comic sort of spins off of the Avengers Assemble comic which is loosely based on the movie (featuring the cast of the movie) and ends with Iron Man joining them in space (like he has never been to space before). And now Iron Man is on the team and the .1 comic almost feels like a set up to a movie and ends with [BLACKOUT]Quill explaining who they are and what they do to Tony Stark[/BLACKOUT]. So It just feels like that could be the direction the film is going.

I'm sure James Gunn and co will be happy to make a movie that develops a half-dozen characters for two hours just so they can be mowed down at the end as a commercial for another movie :up:

Yeah, I think Marvel has decided to turn this movie over to Tarantino. Either that or they dug up Sam Peckinpah from beyond the grave and think he has a good eye for what direction GOTG needs to go in. :oldrazz:

I know there is literally a 0% chance of it happening. I just think it would make for an interesting story. If this were a comic story that could be rebooted for cheap in two months, it'd be possible. It won't happen in film.... You have to admit though, while you might not prefer it, it would at least be interesting.

I know there is literally a 0% chance of it happening. I just think it would make for an interesting story. If this were a comic story that could be rebooted for cheap in two months, it'd be possible. It won't happen in film.... You have to admit though, while you might not prefer it, it would at least be interesting.

I don't find that premise the least bit interesting and it would be a recipe for utter failure if used in a superhero film. This is the Guardians of the Galaxy, not the Suicide Squad.

The hell is Marvel going to do with a bunch of toys of dead superheros?

I don't find that premise the least bit interesting and it would be a recipe for utter failure if used in a superhero film. This is the Guardians of the Galaxy, not the Suicide Squad.

I didn't say anything about suicide. Sacrifice Squad maybe, but not suicide.

I think the most they should do is arrive as last minute reinforments at the end to help fight Thanos.

Otherwise, I think them appearing in full supporting roles will take away too much focus from the Avengers themselves.

Oh, prime example... Serenity. Wash and Simon died, right?

Gladiator. Maximus died a noble death at the end.

Captain Miller in Saving Private Ryan.

None of those were interesting to you guys? They weren't necessarily popular choices, but they were interesting.

Oh, prime example... Serenity. Wash and Simon died, right?

Gladiator. Maximus died a noble death at the end.

Captain Miller in Saving Private Ryan.

None of those were interesting to you guys? They weren't necessarily popular choices, but they were interesting.

All of those were one-offs. Not part of a larger (and lucrative) film continuity that must continue to sustain itself.

Hell, they couldn't even let Coulson stay dead after Avengers

All of those were one-offs. Not part of a larger (and lucrative) film continuity that must continue to sustain itself.

Hell, they couldn't even let Coulson stay dead after Avengers

I personally would make GOTG a "one-off" that's a part of this continuity. But I guess that's where I differ from a ton of you guys on here. Maybe not kill of ALL of them, but perhaps Groot or Gamora, as a sacrifice.

Do we have 100% confirmation that he will be seen alive in a story that takes place AFTER the Avengers?

I personally would make GOTG a "one-off" that's a part of this continuity. But I guess that's where I differ from a ton of you guys on here. Maybe not kill of ALL of them, but perhaps Groot or Gamora, as a sacrifice.

Do we have 100% confirmation that he will be seen alive in a story that takes place AFTER the Avengers?

Even if it's the only GOTG film to come out (no direct sequels) it cant' be a one-off by definition because it exists in the large MS continuity. Long term repercussions of offing new characters have to be taken info effect.

Yes he's starring in the SHIELD series

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"