BvS GOTHAM CITY Design.

1979606_308797139268135_1423757561_n.jpg
1655864_461641400635530_840786536_n.jpg

I like how on Gotham, the look of the city will have 1950s noir mixed in.

Donal Logue looks like Jeff Bridges there.

I really dislike anachronistic Gotham from Burton/Timm. Sorry. Sue me.

Burton's Gotham wasn't as anachronistic as you think. The cars were 80's/90's, the TV's and tech was modern as was the fashion.

The only thing anachronistic was some of the skyline and building design, which is really just Art Deco and Gothic style buildings you can find a lot of in New York and Chicago.

Burton's Gotham wasn't as anachronistic as you think. The cars were 80's/90's, the TV's and tech was modern as was the fashion.

The only thing anachronistic was some of the skyline and building design, which is really just Art Deco and Gothic style buildings you can find a lot of in New York and Chicago.

That's just it... The end result was still anachronistic to me. The style of dress for the citizens especially. And Timm just turned that knob up to 11. I understand that other fans enjoy this, and feel it makes things "timeless" ect. For myself? Sorry. I don't like it. I remember when they adapted the Furst designs into the comics as well, and I was disappointed then too. I like the Adams/Aparo Gotham. A real city done with a noir-ish tone.

All I can say is, that as a kid I always imagined Metropolis and Gotham as NYC proxies not as overly stylized fantasy places. To each his own though.

I pity the fool who thinks we should go back to the vanilla/boring Nolan's style of Gotham.:BA:BA:BA:BA:BA I assume Timm's Metropolis is bad too?

Timm's Metropolis.... NOW THAT WAS BLAND.

I don't think Nolan's Gotham had any particular flavor either, but I am not suggesting that it HAS to be flavorless. Just that I prefer a city that looks and feels like an actual place and not something art directed to within an inch of it's life, or something that no matter how you dress it up looks and feels artificial or like a sound stage.

Again... Adams/Aparo styled Gotham.

PS: Pity me all you want. I'm just not someone who was impressed especially by Timm's DCAU UNTIL JLU.

Timm's Metropolis.... NOW THAT WAS BLAND.

I don't think Nolan's Gotham had any particular flavor either, but I am not suggesting that it HAS to be flavorless. Just that I prefer a city that looks and feels like an actual place and not something art directed to within an inch of it's life, or something that no matter how you dress it up looks and feels artificial or like a sound stage.

Again... Adams/Aparo styled Gotham.

PS: Pity me all you want. I'm just not someone who was impressed especially by Timm's DCAU UNTIL JLU.

I was pulling your chain.

10014914_723010817744123_747631804_o.jpg

look at the background for this new Gotham series. Young Selina Kyle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"