Gotham Gotham Season 3 Episode 15 - "How the Riddler Got His Name"

Ozbridge

Sidekick
Reaction score
"How the Riddler Got His Name"

Nygma convinces himself that he doesn’t need Penguin to succeed and begins to introduce himself to Gotham as “The Riddler,” promptly snaring Bullock and Lucius in his mind games; Gordon learns troubling news about his father’s death; and the Court of Owls reveals its next move.

GOTHAM: Bruce Wayne Begins His Transformation Into The Dark Knight In This New Promo

5.jpg

Um, Oz?

You might wanna put those pics in a spoiler tag...

No worries. It's just that some people aren't following Gotham news as close as others, and some of those can be considered spoiler-y.

We're back tonight, folks!

Good episode thus far...could've done without the singing, though. :funny:

We did get to see Oswald in a tux.

Just like that. Nygma just comes right out and says "I'm the Riddler." Just that.

Joking aside, I do like the progression of Nygma's character, as he's been building towards this since the first season. Though I'm left wondering why Lucius was left to go to his car alone. He solved the riddle and was involved with Bullock in the case all this time. Why didn't he join the rest of the squad when they raided Oswald's manor?

It looks like Talon is back next week.

My tv cut out when Riddler was in the car. Did he just knock Fox out. I be shocked if they killed him. I couldn't tell.

Love that they gave him the bowler hat.

Now all he needs is a cane and maybe a domino mask.

I missed the answer to the first riddle at the beginning. Did he ever give it?

Last edited:
Okay, so...

Every single prediction I made for the episode came through. I wonder when people will ever start listening. I said for months that, "no, there's no way fake Bruce AKA Thomas is the guy fighting Sonny & Co." "No, there's no way the clone is the guy in the scenes with the Shaman." Still people kept attributing nearly every Bruce scene to Thomas.

From my youtube comment on BobaTalks' video,
First of all, in the scene with Harvey, Lee does have red eyes. She is infected with the virus, no question.

Second, I find it highly unlikely that the Shaman is interacting with Thomas Jr. There's simply too much for David to do in these upcoming episodes to pile it all on Thomas. Thomas has already had his training. The character has also consistently been referred to in promotion as a trainer for Bruce. There's an obvious symbolism to Bruce being clad in white and Thomas in black. Also, no, I don't buy Thomas fighting Sonny and company for one second. Bruce will be in the neighborhood talking to Selina in episode 15, that's when he'll likely encounter them.

I think that Bruce will be kidnapped and taken to the temple stat. As in, the end of How The Riddler Got His Name. We'll see if I'm right.

The scene with Jim at the precinct with all the dead cops is the live enaction of his dream sequence when he inhaled the Red Queen drug! This proves said dream was indeed prophetic to some extent. In fact it was proven right away - how would Jim know about Thomas and the Court of Owls? Thomas was wearing a white Court of Owls mask and present at that scene. So, this scene is connected to Thomas Wayne Jr.

This leads to the scene with Barbara and Tabitha. I am willing to bet very good money that the Talon attacking Tabs and Babs is Thomas. The old Talon was killed off for the precise reason of Thomas taking his place, just as he is a Talon in the comic book storyline. This also explains his phenomenal agility - Thomas is enhanced, he's a metahuman.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head.

This was very well acted and I truly love that the show is back, yet, one major thing fell flat. The episode was called "How The Riddler Got His Name". I was expecting something a bit more dramatic than him just coming out calling himself that.

Loving Lucius/Ed.

Love Lucius having anything to do tbh.

Yeah. It was nice that Lucius got to step up when Gordon was out of town. So, that should give him some stuff to do, as Ed will probably still challenge him.

Let's just hope Eddie doesn't end up behind bars after next episode, because that would really suck.

I loved his interaction with Lucius. In Riddler-world, Jim is the jock to his nerd, and that really does not make for a very palatable hero versus villain format. Jim always looked down on Eddie, although less so than Harvey - do note him shouting, "I'm sorry, Ed!" Lucius, on the other hand, is someone who might even have liked and respected "good Eddie", who is now dead and gone. That makes Fox's plea to Edward's better nature ring believable.

Great episode. Really liked that Lucius got a bigger role in this episode.

Did not expect Ivy of all people to have rescued Oswald. I assumed it was gonna be Fish.

Really enjoyed this episode. Anyone else felt they changed the tone of the episode compared to the previous ones? It's competently put together for the most part.

And also, when Bruce looked into that broken mirror they played the score to Batman Returns (or something strangely similar)

That's basically been the motif for doppelganger Bruce (who may or may not be turn out to be Gotham's Thomas Wayne Jr./New Talon).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"