Gotham Gotham Season 3 Episode 14 - "The Gentle Art of Making Enemies"

I know they already established that they aren't afraid to go against comic continuity by killing off Salvatore Maroni in season 1. But I hop in the episode that Fish comes back we also find out that Oswald isn't dead and she has been taking care of him.

Really loved this episode!!! That preview got me really excited for the rest of the season!!

Riddler's green suit!!!:mrk::mrk::mrk:

I know they already established that they aren't afraid to go against comic continuity by killing off Salvatore Maroni in season 1. But I hop in the episode that Fish comes back we also find out that Oswald isn't dead and she has been taking care of him.

I'm kind of hoping Penguin doesn't come back but Fish does to start regaining her foothold in Gotham.

I can't believe
They apparently killed penguin. a major batman enemy is killed before bruce becomes batman.thou sal maroni in season 1 set percedent for this

with jerome
very clear he is indeed the future joker.they certinly didn't kill him again

nice movement to bruce's future
with how he came up with the no kill code.
and you had to be thinking that one day gotham will get it's hero:cwink:

as for promo
seems like rest of season is going to focus on getting nygma to practully full blown riddler

I think that it's most poetic to have had Bruce establish that rule facing Jerome, who we all know is going to go on to become his biggest adversary. It worked perfectly in setting the stage and establishing why they're so different while being so alike: they both operate on the edge but Jerome kills at will & Bruce won't.

Extra kudos for that, it was portrayed to pure excellence.

C3duAJJWEAESpZV.jpg

I'm back.

HE LIVES! HE LIIIIVEEEEEES! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! :joker:

Also, I don't think they killed off Penguin. One of the upcoming episodes has his name on it, so I wouldn't say he's dead just yet. But holy crap, that ending scene. Perfection.

The OswaldxEd fangirls are crying right about now. :funny:

I'm back.

HE LIVES! HE LIIIIVEEEEEES! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! :joker:

Also, I don't think they killed off Penguin. One of the upcoming episodes has his name on it, so I wouldn't say he's dead just yet. But holy crap, that ending scene. Perfection.

The OswaldxEd fangirls are crying right about now. :funny:

What is the name of the episode? I know the name of the next episode is "How the Riddler got his name".

It's the one right afterwards: "How The Penguin Lost His Power".

Mmm...curious on the context of that synopsis.

Gabe wasn't in this episode. Is it possible it's him?

He's the only person who's been loyal to Oswald since his rise to power. Wouldn't be too far-fetched to assume he's the one who rescues Oswald and helps him out in the end.

I'm just speculating, though.

Well that was a bloody good ride.

Also... as I hoped, I was right. That moment with Bruce and Jerome was them alone.

^ I'm very glad you were right because it played to perfect effect.
And allowed Bruce to firmly establish his one rule.

Mmm...curious on the context of that synopsis.

Gabe wasn't in this episode. Is it possible it's him?

He's the only person who's been loyal to Oswald since his rise to power. Wouldn't be too far-fetched to assume he's the one who rescues Oswald and helps him out in the end.

I'm just speculating, though.
I don't really want it to be true but I think it's Fish.

This won't get answered and I know the Joker is often known for the extravagant and quickly put together plans with no real question of how, but do we get any answer as to how the theme park has electricity? Jerome cut all the power, right, so I'm left wondering if his flunkies just hauled some backup generator to the circus.

This isn't a real nitpick, but like how the Joker had time to orchestrate the boat situation on The Dark Knight when there's no way of knowing if Harvey would have killed him in that hospital, I'm just wondering.

This won't get answered and I know the Joker is often known for the extravagant and quickly put together plans with no real question of how, but do we get any answer as to how the theme park has electricity? Jerome cut all the power, right, so I'm left wondering if his flunkies just hauled some backup generator to the circus.

This isn't a real nitpick, but like how the Joker had time to orchestrate the boat situation on The Dark Knight when there's no way of knowing if Harvey would have killed him in that hospital, I'm just wondering.
Filed under "things that don't make sense but they look cool". :)

I figured. Also, now that I think about it, Nygma's death trap here arguably had a much better chance of working here than the one he had in Batman Forever.

As campy as Gotham can be at times, when they go serious, they do it well. While writing-wise I wouldn't say it's the best, I do think Gotham is the most aware of what kind of show it is, particularly with this recent season.

Gotham's character drama is far better when they put their mind to it than, for example, Daredevil.

what a fantastic ep!!

this is the way Gotham should be.

less about Gordon and more about Bruce and the villains BRUCE is supposed to face in the future. And what better way than to focus on future Batman and future Joker.

and Jerome IS the Joker. He's like the perfect combo of Nicholson's "clown prince" Joker and Ledger's "sadistic scarred" Joker. I haven't seen Leto's Joker, so I can't comment on him.

but to me, Jerome is about as close to perfect as to how I want to see the Joker. now, he just needs the full face paint. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"