Gotham Gotham Season 3 Episode 14 - "The Gentle Art of Making Enemies"

dudes wheres the poll in this thread? 10/10 PERFECT! :up::up:

we saw the birth of Batman and the Joker i mean like WHOAH!! i knew it was coming but like WOW HOME RUN! :woot: even the Penguin/ Nygma conflict was excellent. plot holes be damned this ep is off the charts EXCELLENT :bow:

it sucks that we have to wait god knows how long before we get Gotham again. :hmr:

You know, in hindsight, I sort of wish that if this was the winter finale, it had been a bit longer if just to get more of the human element.

We hear Jim and Bullock say that ordinary citizens are taking Jerome's words to heart, and outside of his gang that we already knew about, I wish we'd gotten maybe snippets of chaos going on in the streets of Gotham, or maybe a short montage similar to when the ordinary people of Gotham listened to Bane, took over the city, and began dragging the rich elites out of their homes on The Dark Knight Rises.

Yeah, kinda disappointed we didn't get something like that.

Would've took up the budget a bit unnecessarily, imo. I think they got the idea across perfectly without having to show the entire city full of riots.

There's still the adage of showing instead of telling. Even if it's as brief as a news report showing riots, it wouldn't take much, if anything, to show a few seconds of average people being affected. It's not needed, but it would have been more impacting to see how regular citizens have been hit by this darkness or Jerome's words rather than Jim just give expository dialogue or suffice with the same city shots...just with the city in darkness and some areas on fire.

You want to cut back on the budget? You could easily cut back Jerome being at Wayne Manor, especially since that place seems made to be broken into, and have Bruce kidnapped somewhere else, like on the lawn. Let's face it: Wayne Manor and the GCPD seem to be the biggest sets on the show, so there's your cutback.

I dunno, maybe all the money in the budget went towards powering the carnival.

I don't believe this episode would've been stronger by hiring more extras or having more Jim Gordon.

what a fantastic ep!!

this is the way Gotham should be.

less about Gordon and more about Bruce and the villains BRUCE is supposed to face in the future. And what better way than to focus on future Batman and future Joker.

and Jerome IS the Joker. He's like the perfect combo of Nicholson's "clown prince" Joker and Ledger's "sadistic scarred" Joker. I haven't seen Leto's Joker, so I can't comment on him.

but to me, Jerome is about as close to perfect as to how I want to see the Joker. now, he just needs the full face paint. ;)

:batman:I agree with you 100%
This was a phenomenal episode by far one of my favorites.
I hope Gotham gets renewed for a Fourth Season.

:batman:I agree with you 100%
This was a phenomenal episode by far one of my favorites.
I hope Gotham gets renewed for a Fourth Season.

I hope Gotham gets renewed, too.

however, I really want ( and hope ) that the story starts shifting away from Gordon and focusing more on Bruce ( and Selena ).

I've realized it's completely useless to try to point out facts about the show's ratings, or that it would be a stunning surprise if it were cancelled. Or tweets. Or links to television predictor sites.

tumblr_oko30wxpm41rec5p4o1_250.gif
tumblr_oko30wxpm41rec5p4o7_250.gif

tumblr_oko30wxpm41rec5p4o2_250.gif
tumblr_oko30wxpm41rec5p4o4_250.gif

tumblr_oko30wxpm41rec5p4o5_250.gif
tumblr_oko30wxpm41rec5p4o6_250.gif

Nygma's come a long way since S1 began. I didn't like him at first, but he's one of my favourite characters now.

Yes, there's so much potential with Cory being in that role, and I'm glad they're going to tap into it more fully when the show returns. Feels so good to finally have a competent live action Riddler.

Seeing him in the Frank Gorshin-esque Riddler suit makes me giddy. :woot:

Maybe it was the cinematography, but it looked like Nygma was already wearing a green suit, or at least a darker shade of green, under his coat when he was with Oswald at the pier.

Or it was a different color. Could be wrong.

As I've said before, I'm hopeful that Jerome won't be killed off again. I could always be wrong but I think the writers fully understand the significance of his character to the show considering they had his return planned from the moment he experienced his initial death.

There's so much more that can be done with his character that, imo, it'd be beyond foolish to off him again.

Like Harvey said, even if they do kill him someone will just bring him back to life.

I honestly don't think Bruce is gonna kill---

*has flashback to BvS*

Nevermind.

I liked how they stuck a finger in the eye of DCEU version of Batman by Bruce swearing to Alfred he won't kill and Alfred making Bruce repeat it.

Maybe it was the cinematography, but it looked like Nygma was already wearing a green suit, or at least a darker shade of green, under his coat when he was with Oswald at the pier.

Looked green to me.

It's amazing to me that this little tv show has a better grasp on Batman and his universe than the current DCCU does.

That final scene with Bruce and Alfred pretty much says it all. :cool:

There was a couple episodes earlier this season where Nygma was wearing a very dark green suit. But the next episode appears to be the first time we see him wearing a bright green.

It's been fairly consistent. The greener it goes the crazier he gets.

Gordon's face when he punched Jerome's face off had me rolling.

I was low-key hoping for some really cool fight choreography when Bruce was beating Jerome.

Penguin, again...

giphy.gif

It's amazing to me that this little tv show has a better grasp on Batman and his universe than the current DCCU does.

That final scene with Bruce and Alfred pretty much says it all. :cool:

Yes it shows an idealistic young man at the very start of his crusade before the world’s had a chance to really beat him down.

Yes it shows an idealistic young man at the very start of his crusade before the world’s had a chance to really beat him down.

Because having your parents die and almost being murdered by a cult certainly doesn't count.

Because having your parents die and almost being murdered by a cult certainly doesn't count.

Having that happen when you are helpless, versus when you have prepared your whole life to fight that as a result of your initial helplessness and still can’t win have vastly different effects.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"