Gotham Gotham Season 4 Episode 11- "Queen Takes Knight"

Great episode. The difference in writing and direction between this one and episode 10 is like night and day. I hated the last one but this one made up for it. I knew Sofia had her dad killed when it happened. She made an excuse to put some distance between them with the rose. I don't really like the way they are treating Selena though. She should be more of a loner and not a sidekick to lesser characters imo.

Great episode. The difference in writing and direction between this one and episode 10 is like night and day. I hated the last one but this one made up for it. I knew Sofia had her dad killed when it happened. She made an excuse to put some distance between them with the rose. I don't really like the way they are treating Selena though. She should be more of a loner and not a sidekick to lesser characters imo.

I didn't watch last night but your last sentence in a nutshell is my biggest problem with her handling this season. I am glad in a sense the show made her the creator of the group in a way if they had to have this plotline. But after that happens she pretty much loses her uniqueness as a character. I didn't like her involvement kidnapping a child last week and willingly putting him in mortal danger, especially a kid she had no beef with. It's a jarring contrast from the character we've come to know. Sure she killed someone and gauged someone's eyes out earlier, but we at least get plausible reasons for it.

Her best moments this season honestly was when it was just her and Tabs. They have some good dialogue and we see some of her motivations.

When is she going to pick the skillset that will let her blend into a high society crowd convincingly and steal their crap from under their noses. Are we going to see how she makes the leap from petty crime and thievery to a taste for pretty things (jewelry, art?) And what happened to the girl who, despite her "look out for Number 1" rule still exhibited compassion for other street kids, like Bridget and Ivy, and even Doppelganger-Bruce? If they've lost such an important element of her character now, how are they going to reconcile her to the antiheroine she'll become?

When is she going to pick the skillset that will let her blend into a high society crowd convincingly and steal their crap from under their noses.
Never.
Are we going to see how she makes the leap from petty crime and thievery to a taste for pretty things (jewelry, art?)
Never.
And what happened to the girl who, despite her "look out for Number 1" rule still exhibited compassion for other street kids, like Bridget and Ivy, and even Doppelganger-Bruce?
Gone.
If they've lost such an important element of her character now, how are they going to reconcile her to the antiheroine she'll become?
They'll just reset her to her former personality after half a season and nobody will ever call her on her crimes.

Great episode.

Crystal Reed:ilv:. Need I say more?

Just when I thought Bruce on this show couldn't get any more unlikable. :whatever:

Bruce is not exactly supposed to be "likable" given the circumstances and the story they're doing with him.

Bruce is not exactly supposed to be "likable" given the circumstances and the story they're doing with him.

yeah I get that. He killed someone and even though it was Ra's (somehow he comes back we know this) it's killing him inside and he has to learn to deal with it. Maybe it takes losing Alfred? Maybe Ra's comes back and it wakes him out of his funk? Maybe he goes deeper into the cave and sees the bat-demon and it changes him? I dunno but he has to push past this to go forward and I think it's going to pay off in the long run. He needs to be able to turn on and off that cold,hard part of himself at will. And my guess is this is his psychological crucible that will work for him in achieving that goal.

I'm actually okay with the way Bruce is acting now. He's a young teen , so I expect him to screw up , go off his path, fail, then eventually make his way to becoming the Batman we know.

I find that more appealing for this version than him basically being a kid version of the fully formed Batman we all know.

They did a similar thing in Smallville with Clark in the sense that he tried to fight his destiny and diverged from his path several times. He certainly made bad decisions and screwed up alot before the finale.

It's going to take work to make an unlikable character likable again.
They did manage to do that with Barbara but failed with Fish Mooney.
I think Bruce may be an even bigger challenge.

I liked the episode.

I was hoping that Bruce got his ass kicked for another round.

Sad to see Carmine go out like that. But, now I wonder what Zsasz would do if he found out it was Sofia.

Surprised about Pyg.

Ed liking Lee is so out of nowhere.

Oh, the instant he finds out, he is going to pay her a little visit. In fact I am counting on it being found out at some point by Zsasz and in the last episode of the season he unexpectedly shows up when she thinks she is safe and puts one through her head (although a little knife torture would feel more satisfying and proportionate).

It'd be poignant and emotionally fitting. Victor respected (and presumably loved) Carmine and once he finds out Sofia is the one who ordered the hit, oh boy, she's gonna be down for the count.

[YT]BZqeVyuah7s[/YT]

He definitely loved him and that little display of genuine emotion served to make Zsasz all the more great as before this, while he had been entertaining, he'd been rather one note, his mourning of Falcone changed that and gave his character more depth.

I enjoyed the twists, but I had thought Sophia was the likely cause of her dad's death.

A shame that we won't see Carmine again, even though he wasn't in the show that much anymore anyway. Having Sofia instead makes up for it to an extent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"