Grateful Hero 3: The Legacy of the Goblin

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction & Films' started by Alexia Dark, Jul 22, 2005.

1. SpideyLad Turning It Up To Eleven

Brilliant stuff! :up:

2. Alexia Dark Warrior Princess

Everything was beautiful.

From the flowers that decorated the edges of the pews to the dresses and tuxedos worn by those attending, every detail seemed perfect. MJ's mother and her side of the family sat in the front row, across from Aunt May with her friends and some of Peter's classmates. Numerous old classmates from Midtown High dotted the aisles. Even Flash Thompson had accepted the invitation, smirking at how the geek had gotten the girl.

Alexia stood in her place as bridesmaid, beside the maid of honor: Louise, MJ's best friend and co-star in The Importance of Being Earnest.

In another room, MJ tried to quell the butterflies in her stomach. Her dress was much different than the last one; it was long-sleeved and hugged her body, silk billowing out from the lace of the torso to form the train. Her deep red hair had been pulled back into a simple bun, highlighted by the white lace headress that looked like a halo around her head.

She smiled at her reflection in the mirror. This time, there was no hesitation, no doubt in her mind as to whether she was doing the right thing. She loved Peter, and they were getting married.

'Mary Jane Watson-Parker,' she mused to herself. Then her father, delightfully sober and the happiest she'd ever seen him, took her hand. It was time for the vows.

Peter looked up as the wedding music started, literally breathless when he saw MJ beginning to walk down the aisle. She was beautiful, and in minutes, she would be his wife. How could be possibly be this lucky?

For a few wonderful moments, all eyes were on her, everyone smiling and many crying as she made her way to the alter, her father at her side. Finally, she stood in front of Peter, and the music stopped. They looked into each other's eyes, smiling.

"Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to witness the joining of this man and this woman in holy matrimony. Marriage is a state of union not to be entered into lightly or inadvisedly. It is a commitment to a person that you love.

There will be many trials of faithfullness, many difficulties to be faced. Through marriage, a love can florish, or diminish. It is the duty of a married couple to try for the former. In the end, all we have is love; the love of a family, the love of friends, the love of a soulmate, and the love of God."

The priest paused.

"If anyone present here knows of any reason why these two people should not be wed, speak now, or forever hold your peace."

There was only silence as everyone awaited the vows. The priest turned to MJ.

"Do you, Mary Jane Watson, take this man, Peter Parker, to be your lawfully wedded husband? To have and to hold, for better or for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish from this day forward until death do you part?"

MJ smiled even wider, tears gathering in her eyes.

"I do."

The priest turned to Peter.

"And do you, Peter Parker, take this woman, Mary Jane Watson, to be your lawfully wedded wife? To have and to hold, for better or for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish from this day forward until death do you part?"

Peter took a deep breath, feeling shaky with nervousness. Looking directly into MJ's eyes, feeling as though her lips were already on his... After what seemed an eternity, he was finally able to speak.

"I-"

'No, no, no! Not now! It can't be!', he thought as he stopped, a familiar feeling humming inside his head. There was only enough time to look over at Alexia, who wore the same expression of expectation as he did, before it happened.

Peter dove for the floor, grabbing MJ and the priest's arms to take them down with him. Alexia did the same with the bridesmaids. Glass fell upon them as the stained-glass window shattered. Chaos ensued as people got up from their seats, tripping on dresses and over each other as they ran for the exit.

Peter heard a familiar laugh as he stood up to face the danger, looking around for a place to change. He looked up, staring almost unbelievingly at the figure looking down at him, something he never thought he'd see again dispite Alexia's insistance.

The Green Goblin's eyes were fixed on him, glaring hatefully, as he could tell from the way the mask was formed. It conformed to the wearer's face, mimicing the expressions exactly. Peter wondered at the change in costume, but only glared back. There were too many people around. He would have to wait until Norman left to go after him.

The Goblin flew lower until he was directly in front of Peter. Body language told Peter that he was straining with hatred. He was shocked as the Goblin hit him across the face, so fast that he had no time to react, and was knocked to the floor. This seemed almost... familiar for some reason.

The thought was interupted as the Green Goblin turned toward MJ and grabbed her by the arm. Peter quickly began to pick himself up, and saw Alexia approaching from the other direction. She hadn't changed yet either, glancng from Peter to the Goblin to MJ, unsure of what to do.

MJ struggled, uselessly trying to wrench herself out of his grip, and Peter was worried that she'd break her arm. The Goblin took her other arm, crossing them in front of her, shaking her.

"MJ, stop it!," he said.

She did, but only because she was shocked to hear the voice that had said the command. Peter, now standing and walking toward them, was equally surprised.

"Harry?," MJ said, quiet enough so that only the four of them could hear.

"We need to talk," he said simply. He wrapped a hand around her waist as the glider began to rise.

"MJ!," Peter yelled, running to the spot where they had been, suddenly not caring if everyone saw him. His secret would be revealed, he would be hunted down until he gave himself up, but it would be worth it to save MJ.

Alexia put a hand on his shoulder as the glider reached the shattered window. She started to say something, but was interupted as Harry removed a pumkin bomb from his bag and threw it into the middle of the aisle. The blast hit some of the people who were trying to push their way out, injuring many. With that, Harry flew out of the window, Mary Jane in tow.

Peter looked back at those who had fallen, then toward Harry and MJ fading in the distance.

"I'll handle this. You go get MJ," Alexia said.

Peter nodded, grateful that she was there, and ran out of view to change.

3. SpideyLad Turning It Up To Eleven

Excellent work!

4. zer00 Registered

5. Alexia Dark Warrior Princess

Ask and you shall recieve.

Ok, time for the giant-sized SSM 200/SM: TAS homage...

6. Alexia Dark Warrior Princess

"I said 'let me go!'", MJ screamed.

"I don't think you want me to do that," Harry said.

They were flying dozens of stories above the ground, at almost 80 miles an hour.

"Why are you doing this?!," MJ yelled at him.

Harry didn't reply, leaning to the right, guiding the glider toward their destination.

"Where are you taking me?!," MJ cried out in frustration. Why wouldn't he just answer her.

"We're almost there," Harry said simply.

Trying vainly to ignore the blurring buildings below, MJ looked past him to where they were going: the Brooklyn Bridge.

"No!," MJ screamed, horrified.

"Yes," Harry said.

'This can't be Harry,' MJ thought,' Harry would never... I can't believe this! He's going to throw me off the bridge!'

Harry slowed the glider down as they approached the nearest platform, carefully lowering it onto the metal surface. MJ jumped away as Harry bent down to release his footholds, and stepped off.

"I'm getting really, really tired of this villain's hostage ****," MJ said, letting her anger overcome her fear. "You know what? Fine. Do it. Throw me off, because I can't take this any more. Kill me."

Harry's body language changed signifigantly as he neared her.

"Kill you? MJ-", Harry said, reaching up and taking his mask off,"why would you say that? I would never... I couldn't... I love you, MJ. I never stopped loving you."

MJ was stunned, staring at him blankly. She knew that he'd been upset at first, after he'd seen her and Peter in the hospital that time, but she'd had no idea how far his feelings for her went. It hadn't been until weeks later, after Norman's death, that they'd formally broken up.

Later, he's seemed strangely cheerful around her, seemingly comfortable with just being friends. Only now did it occur to her that Harry's evaisive and overly-bright attitude may have been caused by more than his father's death.

"You love me?," MJ asked numbly. Harry nodded slightly.

"You sure have a funny way of showing it," she added flatly, and Harry scowled, looking torn, furious and near tears at the same time.

"Harry... I love you as a friend, but that's all. I can't love you any other way-"

"Of course not. You can't love me, because you love him. Because he got in the way," Harry said, gesturing toward the church.

"Peter's your friend. He cares about you. Come back to us, Harry-"

"Come back to what? Why? So I can be a third wheel? Just let him rub in my face everything that he's taken from me?," he asked, then looked back toward the direction they'd come from.

"It's too late, Mary Jane. All of us know it. After what I did...," he said, shaking his head, not quite ashamed of what he'd done, but no longer ignoring it.

Mary Jane had almost forgotten. She knew that Harry was right. There was no way that Peter and Harry could be friends again. Peter would never allow it. If it came down to choosing bewteen his friendship with Harry and his duty to stop a murderer... MJ didn't even want to think about the possible outcomes.

"If you really think that, why are you doing this? Why did you bring me here, Harry?," she asked.

"You wuldn't understand, but... I have to do this. Peter stole so much from me... you, my father, probably even my sanity. I can't let him get away with it. I won't!," Harry said, clenching his fists until he felt that the armor on his hands would break. He stared in the direction of the church with such a rage that MJ could almost feel it.

"You can't be serious. Peter wants to help you. You can't do this!"

"I have to! Everything has changed. There's no going back. Peter and I are gong to fight today, and only one of us will make it out alive."

MJ looked at him, horrified. She tried to speak, but Harry put his index finger up to her lips, quieting her.

"Part of the reason I brought you here is to tel you that you're safe. No matter what happens, I'll never hurt you. I love you, MJ, and nothing will change that. I want you to know that."

"Harry-," she broke off as he grabbed her arm, and she followed his gaze. Peter was swinging furiously in the distance. She could see the change in his body movements as he saw them on the bridge, picking up speed.

Harry tugged on her arm, pulling her closer toward the edge. Panic filled her as he grabbed her other arm and turned her around, forcing her to face the water below. He puched her even father as Peter neared. MJ yelped as she nearly lost her balance, only Harry's grip keeping her from falling.

"But you said-"

"Don't worry, I won't drop you," Harry whispered, and suddenly she realized the other reason why he had brought her there. She doubted that Peter would fight Harry over what had happened thus far, but if he thought that her life was threatened...

Peter landed with a hard thump on the bridge beside them.

"Let her go, Harry," Peter demanded.

"You mean, like this?," Harry asked, and adjusted his grip so that he only held her wrists, and she screamed for a second as she nearly fell over the edge.

"Stop it!," Peter said.

"Or what?," Harry taunted.

MJ was just barely able to look over at Peter, and he saw the fear in her eyes.

"Or I swear to God, Harry, I don't think I'll be able to stop myself from tearing you apart once I get ahold of you," he said. He was exactly where Harry wanted him.

"Now there's the spirit, Spider-Man!," Harry said with the strangest combination of glee and disgust MJ had ever heard.

He let go of one of her wrists, only one high-heeled shoe stuck in the platform keeping her from dangling off the side. Neither Harry nor MJ could even see the movement as Peter dove toward them, wrenching Harry's hand off of her wrist. He hit Harry across the face as MJ began to fall. But before she had fallen even 10 feet, Peter lept after her, firing a webline and catching her in mid-air, then jumping back onto the platform.

He barely even checked to make sure that MJ could stand upright before he marched toward Harry, furious. Harry had strapped himself back into the glider. He slipped his mask back on.

"C'mon, Parker, give me all you've got!," he said.

Peter didn't even hesitate, leaping at Harry, but he knew what to expect this time. Peter's fist missed his face, but he attached himself to the glider as only he and Alexia could. The glider rose.

"Peter, don't!," MJ yelled, then flinched as Harry elbowed him in the face. Higher and higher they went, then turned back toward Manhattan.

"Peter, stop! It's a trap! He's doing this on purpose!"

But already, they were too far away to hear her, and quickly out of sight.

7. CConn Fountainhead of culture.

Now I want to read SSM #200. :o

Excellent as always, Steph. :up:

8. Alexia Dark Warrior Princess

And just because I can...

[​IMG]

The Chrysler building, for visualization purposes.

9. Alexia Dark Warrior Princess

'Ow', Peter thought distantly as Harry fist made contact with one of his ribs. It was clear that he was as strong as his father had been, perhaps more. Peter struck back, hitting Harry in the face, but holding back slightly, fully away of who was behind the mask in front of him. The innitial rage had worn off; he was fighting only in self-defense now.

"C'mon, Peter. What's wrong? Not as amazing as your fan think you are, huh?." Harry taunted.

"Why are you doing this?!," Peter yelled.

"Because I have to!"

"Why?"

"Just shut up and fight!," Harry demanded.

He dodged a right hook in response, grabbing Peter's arm and hitting him back. His feet ached to dig into Peter's flash, to break bones. He waited, dodging, making sure that Peter was distracted, then swerved to the left. Peter's spider-sense warned him at the last possible second, and he saw the flag pole only inches away from his head, rushing toward it at 90 miles an hour.

He did the only thing he could do; he detached himself from the glider, allowing himself to fall almost a hundred stories above the street. He twisted upward and fired a webline at the glider, and it attached itself to one of the 'wings'.

Harry looked down at Peter, his attention focused on flying, and smiled, the mask mimicing his expression. He veared to the left, and heard a satisfying smack as Peter hit the side of a building.

Back on the bridge, MJ was mildly surprised to see Alexia swinging gracefully in her direction. She got up from where she had been sitting, feeling especially strange wearing a wedding dress as the black and red figure landed on the platform.

"Are you all right?," Alexia asked.

"I'll be fine. Is everyone at the church okay?"

"I'm not sure. I called the police. An ambulance got there just as I was leaving. Your mom and dad are okay, though."

"Alexia, Peter went after Harry. Harry only brought me here to bait Peter into a fight. He never meant to hurt me."

"Where did they go?," Alexia asked.

"Toward Midtown, I think," MJ said, pointing.

A soft whurring noise alerted Alexia to the presense of an NYPD helicopter coming toward them.

"Looks like your ride is here. I think this is my cue to leave," she said, taking a few steps toward the edge of the platform.

"Tell Peter what happened, okay? I can't bare to think... I don't want to lose them. Can you stop them?," MJ asked sadly. Alexia shook her head.

"I don't know. I'll try."

"Freeze!," an officer yelled to her through a speaker-phone.

She took another step backward, and rose her hands as if in surrender.

"Turn around and put your hands on your head!"

Alexia didn't, instead, lowering an arm to blow a kiss at the cops before stepping off the platform in a backward swan-dive.

"Hold your fire," the commanding officer said, and Alexia swung off to help Peter.

Crash!

Another window pane shattered as Peter smashed into it, still not letting go, but he didn't know how much more he could take. Harry glanced down again, seeing Peter struggle to hold on as one or the other of his hands smacked into windows. As entertaining as this was to Harry, he decided that he should stop before there was nothing left of Peter to fight. Then he spotted the perfect placeto end this little battle: the Chrysler building.

He swerved right, toward the sky-scraper. Peter narrowly missed the corner of a building, twisting the other way. The swaying finally stopped as they gained altitude, flying over the rooftops, and Peter realized where they were going. He began climbing is web, but refrained from trying to get back on the glider for fear that Harry would change his mind and go somewhere else.

They flew higher, straight up the side of the building until they were above even most of the sky-scrapers. Finally, they reached its peak, and Peter chose that moment to let go, landing in a rolling crouch on one of the lion-like gargoyles. He stood up, ready, as Harry landed the glider on the other side.

"You're really stupid, you know that?," Peter asked as Harry lept to the gargoyle beside the one he stood on.

"How so?"

"If I fall, I can easily swing my way back up here. If you fall, you'll be a green and purple pancake in a matter of seconds," Peter said.

"You're the physics major," Harry said, then lept at Peter without warning.

Peter dodged the round-house kick that Harry had so eagarly wanted to try, and responded by grabbing Harry's head and smashing it against the wall. Harry groaned an angry cry of pain. Unlike his father's mask, this one hadn't been meant for use as a helmut.

"Call me a show off," Peter said as he firmly attached his hand to the wall," but this has got to be easier for me than for you."

With his hand attached to the wall, he jumped up and kicked Harry in the chest, sending him over the edge. Harry managed to grab onto the ledge with one hand, and when Peter looked over the side, he used the other to grab Peter's foot and send him tumbling to the other side. Harry climbed back up, looking down at Peter, attached to the side.

"You're right. That is something that only you can do," Harry commented. He could see Peter's slight smirk under his mask as Peter looked past him.

"Not quite," Peter said.

Harry turned to see what Peter was looking at, and found himself flying backwards as Alexia's feet barrelled into his chest. He just managed to grab onto the edge of a gargoyle almost opposite them. Alexia let go of the web she had used to swing into Harry, and offered a hand to Peter to help him up, which he accepted.

"What? Cheating on MJ so soon in married life?," Harry said, not serious.

"Okay, first, we're just friends. Second, you interupted half-way through 'I do', so I'm not technically married yet," Peter said.

"And lastly, you'd better get your green ass moving in the other direction before one or both of us pounds you into a mythological monster of a whole 'nother kind," Alexia added.

Harry looked at them, scowling. Alexia was right; he'd have no chance against both of them.

"I'm not done with you yet, Parker. The next time I find you alone, I won't hold back," he threatened.

"And I'll be ready for you," Peter replied.

Then Harry turned away, flying back towards home, and was gone.

10. dusk20 Registered

it's getting better and better.

11. Swordmaster Big Damn Hero

Nice work as always

12. zer00 Registered

Beyond excellence.:up:

13. Alexia Dark Warrior Princess

The Grateful Hero Photo Album

I love my visual references. Oh, how I wsh I could make this a reality...

And by the way, I've officially gotton to the same point in my publishing as in my writing. I hope to be able to write some more this week, 'cause you can't read anything in here if there's nothing in my journal first. Except chapter 5 of Grateful Hero part 1, but that's another story...

14. SpideyLad Turning It Up To Eleven

Excellent as usual!

15. Swordmaster Big Damn Hero

There's anpther chapter? Kewl. :o

16. Alexia Dark Warrior Princess

Grateful Hero 3: Legacy of the Goblin Soundtrack

New additions:

Papercut

Notes: Though I hate the rap in the song, the lyrics fit too perfectly not to include it. It's so literal it's awesome.

In The End

Notes: Big spoiler. See next post.

17. Alexia Dark Warrior Princess

I've decided that since In The End is so important to multiple characters, I will dedicate an entire post to an explaination of its awesomeness.

Big Spoilers.

There. I warned you.

In The End (Linkin Park)

(It starts with)
    One thing / I don’t know why
    It doesn’t even matter how hard you try
    Keep that in mind / I designed this rhyme
    To explain in due time

Intro. Moving on...

All I know
    time is a valuable thing
    Watch it fly by as the pendulum swings
    Watch it count down to the end of the day
    The clock ticks life away

Time wasted as both Osborns obsess about revenge on Spider-Man through different methods.

It’s so unreal
    Didn’t look out below
    Watch the time go right out the window
    Trying to hold on / but didn’t even know
    Wasted it all just to
    Watch you go

Norman spent time and effort to try to convince Peter to join him, only to be rejected.

I kept everything inside and even though I tried / it all fell apart
    What it meant to me / will eventually / be a memory / of a time when I tried
    so hard
    And got so far
    But in the end
    It doesn't even matter
    I had to fall
    To lose it all
    But in the end
    It doesn't even matter

Harry tried all of his life to get his father to accept him as who he is, and failed.
    Norman, while he was gone and upon his return, worked toward taking over New York's criminal underworld. He had to be killed to be stopped.

In spite of the way you were mocking me
    Acting like I was part of your property
    Remembering all the times you fought with me
    I’m surprised it got so (far)

About Harry and his fights with the Goblin.

Things aren’t the way they were before
    You wouldn’t even recognize me anymore
    Not that you knew me back then
    But it all comes back to me
    In the end
    You kept everything inside and even though I tried / it all fell apart

Refering back to Norman's neglect of Harry, and the changes that have happened since Norman's supposed death. As hard as he tried, Norman couldn't accept him as he was.

I've put my trust in you
    Pushed as far as I can go
    For all this
    There’s only one thing you should know
    I've put my trust in you

Harry misplacing his trust in his father and the Goblin.

It has a deeper emotional impact when listening to it... meh.

18. Alexia Dark Warrior Princess

"Now is the time to act," Norman said, standing at the end of the long table, at which sat 12 of New York's most prominent men. They looked at him almost in admiration. He had appeared before them one at a time just a few weeks ago, offering them a choice; to join him in overturning the Kingpin, the man who controlled much of New York's crime, or be left behind as the city would change forever.

"The Kingpin's men are few, and weak. We can't wait forever. We'll make our move very soon. In weeks, the Kingpin will be dead, and the city officials will be under our thumbs. The city will be ours," he continued. 'Well, mine, anyway,' he thought. The plan was to kill Kingpin, then contain any possible recriminations with the help of the men before him. Then, as the last of Kingpin's men died, Norman would reveal to them who had been the one to lead them; The Green Goblin.

"What about Spider-Man, and the other one?," asked one of the men. Norman scowled for an instant, but quickly masked the expression with one of distaste.

"It will be taken care of," he replied," By this time tomorrow, everything will be ready. You'll get a call when I need you."

The men looked at him suspiciously, but left without question. Norman breathed an uncharacteristic sigh of relief, and left after them. Back in his apartment, he slammed the door shut behind him. Immediately, the familiar laughter filled his mind.

"What do you want this time?," he grumbled dimly, ripping off the prosthetic mask he wore to keep anyone from recognizing him.

'The time has come, Norman. Finally, we will have our revenge.'

Norman was numb. He just wanted his life back; OsCorp, Harry... the Goblin pounced on the thought. He recalled every punch, every anguished emotion, every word of rejection from Peter.

'How foolish of us to waste our time on him, trying to show him all that he could be. Then he rejects us, as though he were better somehow. We offered that concieted little twit everything... even at the cost of Harry's love.'

Norman felt a wave of pain, remembering his last conversation with Harry.

"Harry doesn't want us. He can't accept who he is... but he went after Peter. He really did like that red-haired girl, didn't he? He's fighting for her, to get revenge on Peter for stealing her away... "

'And when Peter dies?,' the Goblin suggested. Normna allowed himself a smile as he thought of that.

"Could he... would Harry come back to us? Once the reason for his obsession was gone? If Peter were dead, and Harry had time to think clearly... ? Yes. Of course. Of course he would come back to his father. He just needs the motivation... But how to I convince Peter to fight me again?"

'Simple. Challenge him. He knows it's inevitable. He'll come.'

"He doesn't even know I'm alive."

'But he knows Harry is.'

Could that work? Norman nodded, then smiled cruelly as he walked toward the giant safe which held his equipment.

"Get Devon in here now, and get Parker on the phone!," Jonah Jameson bellowed through the intercom at Betty.

It was nearly already nightfall, but the Daily Bugle hummed with activity, planning the all-important news edition of the return of the Green Goblin.

"Devon's line is busy, and Peter hasn't paid his phone bill," Betty informed him.

"I don't care what you do, just get them in here!," Jonah demanded.

He turned around to look out his window, and stumbled back. The Green Goblin was hovering just outside. He looked different from the last time, but the creature who had given him nightmares over two years ago was back, and more firhgtening than ever. Jonah tried to run to the door as the Green Goblin punched through the window, breaking it, and Jonah was stopped by a hand grabbing the back of his shirt collar.

"Sit down," Norman commanded, shoving Jonah into his desk chair.

"What do you want?," Jonah asked, on the verge of a heart attack.

"What do I want? I want Spider-Man dead, that's what I want!," Norman yelled, stepping in front of him.

"Why are you here?," Jonah asked.

"To finish what I started... "

Jonah paled to an almost off-white color, somewhere between needing to vomit and having a stroke, recalling the last time the Goblin had been there.

"No, Jonah, I'm not here to kill you. I need you to do something for me."

"What?," Jonah wheezed.

Norman turned away, thinking.

"I want tomorrow's headline to read 'The Green Goblin Challenges Spider-Man'," he said, looking back at Jonah.

"What do you want the article to say?"

"That I'll meet him where his girlfriend almost died."

"How will we know where that is?"

"You won't, " Norman said. "But Spider-Man will.

He turned as if to leave, and Jonah remained in his chair, afraid to move. Suddenly, the chair spun around, and Jonah's heart-rate soared.

"One more thing. I'll be readng the paper tomorrow. If you or any of your reporters print lies, or anything that I don't like... I'll set fire to this building, starting with you," Norman threatened menacingly, and flew away.

19. zer00 Registered

Always great.:up:

20. Alexia Dark Warrior Princess

"So much for 'the next time he finds me alone'," Peter said, looking down at the latest edition of the Daily Bugle.

"I guess he changed his mind. But why didn't he just call MJ to pass on the message?," Alexia asked.

They were standing in Peter's doorway, after Peter had finally tracked down Alexia when she had come home just minutes before.

"I wish I could make sense of anything he's been doing lately," Peter responded.

"Do you want me to be there?," Alexia asked.

"No, this is one thing I have to do on my own. Besides, it's bad for my reputation if you save my butt too many times," Peter joked.

"Consider us even," Alexia replied, then she looked at the clock. "I should go see Devon. I can only imagine what he's going through right now. At the very least, I can try to stop him from trying to get the the fight. He'll probably want to be there."

"I think I'll go over there early, just in case he tries to pull any tricks. I asked MJ yesterday to go somewhere that harry wouldn't expect her to be, somewhere public. Alexia... if anything happens to me," Peter said, his eyes glistening," will you tell help her? Will you tell her that I love her?"

"Don't talk like that. You're going to be fine," Alexia insisted firmly, getting emotional.

She decided that she would be nearby during the fight, ready to intervene if Peter became too injured to fight back. Peter would definitely object, but if it came down to either letting him die or killing Harry, she would do whatever it took to help her friend.

"But just in case?," Peter asked. Alexia reluctantly nodded.

"I'll see you later," Alexia insisted.

"Later," Peter said without conviction. He decended the stairs.

Alexia walked into her room, grabbed her keys, and left after him. Devon had given her his address as well as his phone number on their first date, and Alexia drove toward his apartment.

She pulled up in front of an expensive-looking building near Central Park, and she had to remind herself that Devon's father owned Quest Aerospace as she walked into the front hallway and glanced at the lobby, which was richly decorated and made of various shades of marble. She searched the list next to an intercom and pressed his number.

"Hello?," Devon said.

"Can we talk?," Alexia asked. Her question was answered for her as the door buzzed, opening, and she walked to the elevator.

"It's open," Devon called in response to her knock on his door.

Alexia opened the door and stepped inside. Loud rock music blared from a stereo system, an angsty fast-paced song that fit his mood perfectly. She stopped for a moment when she saw Devon. He was shirtless, breathing heavily and dripping sweat as he drove his fists expertly into a punching bag suspended from the ceiling.

"I just thought I'd stop by and seeing how you're doing," Alexia said, just a little distracted by the beautifully muscular body in front of her.

"I'm fine," Devon answered a little too sharply, continuing to punch the bag. Alexia saw the angry, frustrated expression on his face, and decided to be truthful.

"I read the paper today," she said.

"And you wanted to see how I was dealing with the news?," Devon guessed. "I'm fine. Just fine. My uncle's murderer has been alive all along, while I've just sat here and done nothing. Now he's back, and I..."

He realized just how loud his voice had gotten, and looked at Alexia.

"I'm sorry. I'm not yelling at you, I just... I have to do something. Look, a friend of mine in the police department told me about the girl found on Queensboro Bridge yesterday. I'm willing to bet that that's the place the fight is supposed to be," Devon said, walking over to a chair and removing a towel from it, dabbing his face and draping it over his shoulders.

"You're not going to go watch... ?," Alexia asked, afraid of the answer.

"It's my job, remember?," he said, in such a way that it was obviously an excuse, and moved over to a large desk against the wall.

"I can't let this go on. It's not fair to my uncle, or to any of his victims. It stops today."

Something in Devon's voice made Alexia wary.

"What are you talking about?," she asked apprehensively. Devon turned around, holding something in his hand. A gun.

"You can't be serious. A gun, against that monster? You might as well jump off the bridge!," Alexia said.

"Maybe. But that's why he won't expect it. He'll probably be too arrogant to even notice me until its too late," he said.

He turned around again, setting the gun down for a moment as, to Alexia's mild disappointment, he pulled a sweater on. Then he put on a holster and inserted the gun.

"Devon, I can't let you do this. It's suicide!," she said.

"I know that you don't understand why I'm doing this, but I have to. Maybe it is suicide, but if I can take that psychopath with me, it'll be more than worth it," Devon said, shrugging on a jacket over the holster, and picking up a backpack full of climbing equipment.

"I have to go. He'll be there by the time I've climbed up," he said.

"No... Devon, don't." Alexia said.

He walked toward the door.

"Devon, you said that you love me. What good is that if you're dead?," Alexia pleaded, praying that he'd reconsider before she had to do something that she'd regret. Devon looked back at her, his eyes showing love, but also hate.

"I do love you, but I can't let this go. I'm sorry," he said, and reached for the doorknob.

Alexia felt a wave of sadness as she realized what had to be done. She had no choice.

"Devon, listen to me. There's something you need to know-"

At that moment, she heard a loud screech of tires, followed by a crash and the crunching of metal. She instantly ran to the window, and Devon walked out the door.

"Someone, help!," yelled a bystander. There was a three-car pile up on the road. Alexia looked toward the door, then back out the window, and decided that her little revelation would have to wait. She ws sure that she'd have enough time to catch up to him before the fight began.

She ripped off her clothing to reveal her costume, throwing the ruined outfit in the garbage. Then, pulling on her mask, she climbed out the window.

21. Batman Dramatic Example

Awesome stuff.:up:

22. SpideyLad Turning It Up To Eleven

Excellent once again!

23. Alexia Dark Warrior Princess

Harry looked at the newspaper again for perhaps the thirtieth time that day, figuring out what to do.

"What gives him the right to try and kill Peter? My father is just angry because he was beaten. Peter took everything from me, even before my dad left... If anyone's entitled to revenge, its me," he said.

He walked over to the dagger and picked it up. The metal was smooth and cold beneath his skin as he ran a finger along the blade. The Goblin whispered thoughts of blood and death into Harry's mind: Peter's.

"Yes. Once Peter is dead, I'll finally have peace. With him out of the way, Dad and I can be a family again. Maybe MJ will even... probably not. She'll never forgive me for killing Peter. It's time I moved on, anyway, " he lied to himself.

He put the daggar back down and walked toward the concealed lair, smiling. In the mirror, his father's reflection smiled back. A minute later, he emerged wearing his costume, feeling every ounce of his power as he moved toward the balcony doors. Then, thinking, he went back and grabbed the daggar off the table and put it in his bag.

The sky was dark with with rain clouds as he flew to the spot where he knew the fight was to take place; Queensboro Bridge. He landed on the part of the bridge where he had taken MJ the day before. It was just over an hour from when the fight was to take place, so Harry was mildly surprised to see Peter swinging his way closer to him. Smiling cruelly, he waited.

24. Swordmaster Big Damn Hero

25. Batman Dramatic Example

Excellent. :up:

(Yes,I realise that's been said...like...500 hundred times,but it's true every time.)