Sequels No more Osborn - No more Goblin Legacy?

As would I, or any other rational human for that matter. I think Raimi rushed the third film and fell victim to too much fanboy (im not even sure real fanboys wanted this realistically) bull**** to force venom into the film, when he, eddie, could have been introduced in the third film and become venom in 4. i think raimi effed it all up. he should stick to B horror flicks

Thats not really a fair thing to say about Raimi. The first two movies were great and the third was not the unforgivable disaster that many claim it to be. Besides, Avi Arad demanded Venom be included in SM3. He should have butted out.

On the other hand, Raimi wanted Vulture as the third villain. Whether it was Venom or Vulture, a third bad guy was too much. Two is plenty.

Thats not really a fair thing to say about Raimi. The first two movies were great and the third was not the unforgivable disaster that many claim it to be. Besides, Avi Arad demanded Venom be included in SM3. He should have butted out.

On the other hand, Raimi wanted Vulture as the third villain. Whether it was Venom or Vulture, a third bad guy was too much. Two is plenty.
But at least Vulture was originally part of the script. Venom was forced into the script. Once that happened, everything had to change to make room for the symbiote.

Indeed...Avi beat Sam over the head to obey his will. What a shame :csad:

I admit, a Goblin/Vulture aerial battle would have been cool.

gwen stacy needs to be made into a bigger character. not a character that gives mary jane a run for her money or anything, enough with the love triangle. her and her dad both. obviously her dad's death in one of the movies would be important enough to give her more screentime if it was somehow connected to peter or spidey

And I agree, kinda what I was thinking, what with the Goblin Lair still being at the Osborn Mansion... kinda hoping for some form of a Goblin (Hobgoblin) done right this time.

That said, the best part of the Hobgoblin's story in the comics, was his unknown identity. Still could be played up, but with all Osborn's dead.. kinda weakens the mystery and appeal of that particular storyline.

Still would love to see a movie interpretation of the Hobgoblin, that is dark.. darker than the Green Goblin and "whatever" Harry was supposd to have been.... "Surfer Due Villain" :cwink:

Slag... I invite you to read my Spider-Man 4 Trailer, located in my sig. This is just one of many approaches I think the film should take. Now, I realize you and many others wont understand the plot and the full story... it's a trailer... you are not suppose to. Netherless, understand, this was written in mind that Spider-Man 4 & 5 would been done back-to-back; so, Lizard is actually being setup for Spider-Man 5... and does not appear in 4 until the film's cliffhanger.

However, given that Sam Raimi has chose to end the Osborn family, my approach has always been Rodderick Kingsley to fill the void of rich industrialist(in this case, rich mogul) to use his wealth, connections, research, and technologies in bringing about the supervillains... via hostel takeover of Osborn Industries. Kingpin is a no-go because of rights issues. Silvermane would need time for charcter development, which we know Sam does not have patients for.

Tombstone is obvious, but where's the mystery and intrigue with the mysterious financier propagating these supervillains. Maturity and Real Situations is what I desire from villains. Real Motivation... not these childish themes that even a 4 year old can understand.

So again, I invite you to read my trailer. This is just one on many ways, I'm sure, to bring some maturity to the franchise. Also, just in case, become some villains are not readily recognizable.... there are two main villains and three supporting cast. I would be greatly interested to know if you or anyone, can pick them out. ;)

Last edited:
They could always bring Norman back, say that he was hiding in a lab some place with a severed spine, watching Peter and working on a cure for his spine.
Then have him return with his back healed, angry over the loss of his son Harry, and even more obsessed with Peter.
He could even be involved in some bad guys attacking Peter, and even the formation of the Sinister Six.

Yes, all we need is more Goblin's. How bad are the villains in Spider-Man, really?

There are so many villains left to explore before going back to the Goblin legacy

Yes, all we need is more Goblin's. How bad are the villains in Spider-Man, really?
They're great villains, they've just been softened by a kid friendly agenda. Two Face in Batman Forever wasnt very intimidating but we all knew what a great villain he is. No one is doubting that after seeing TDK.

And yes, there are plenty of other worthy villains out there for future films. No need to go back to the Goblins.

No more goblins
No more symbiotes

Let's move on to different stories please.

CLONE SAGA

lol jk

seriously, no

the gang war would be great

Silvermain, Hammerhead, The Owl, Kingpin

Well what if harry not dead? he came back to life in the comics why not in the movie beside it would be a good cameo for mysterio at the end of 4 if they decide to go with it.

I'd rather see Norman come back, if anyone.

i see a criminal breaking out of jail.hiding out in the osborne empty mansion and finding the goblin lair and becoming the hobgoblin! we know the mask and glider were shown in spidey 3!

Another Goblin will just open the flood gates for complaining. From fans, and from average moviegoers who just liked the first film.

No more Goblins. But I would love to see HobGoblin on screen someday.

Thanks^^
No, he wanted to kill Peter. He attacked Peter with everything in their first battle, already - punchs, kicks, arm blades, sword and pumpkin bombs. He threw everything he had at Pete, and he was attacking to kill. But he lost, that's why he wanted to torment Peter before their second fight, trying to weaken him, when he recovered from his amnesia.

Harry wanted Peter to know that he was exacting his revenge, hence why he showed his identity when he attacked Peter. Simple.

Not simple. And not right.

In the COMICS....Harry looked to torment Peter, and would even stalk him on the glider during the day, sighting that there was no law in dressing like a goblin and gliding around. Peter didn't know if it was Norman, or who it was. It made him paranoid and worried. This was what Harry should have done in the film. He should have made Peter panic, make him doubt everything he thought he knew.

-R

Norman Osborn could come back in theory. He suffered exactly the same fate once in the comics, and he healed on the autopsy table.

Norman Osborn could come back in theory. He suffered exactly the same fate once in the comics, and he healed on the autopsy table.

Harry looked to torment Peter, and would even stalk him on the glider during the day, sighting that there was no law in dressing like a goblin and gliding around. Peter didn't know if it was Norman, or who it was. It made him paranoid and worried. This was what Harry should have done in the film. He should have made Peter panic, make him doubt everything he thought he knew.

A good point, I think that should have been what Harry did. The problem is, would it work, with Norman being 'dead'? Possibly, but they could have reused the Green Goblin armour to make the effect work.

Last edited:
They don't need an Osborn return when Hobgoblin/Kingsley is still available.

Not simple. And not right.

In the COMICS....Harry looked to torment Peter, and would even stalk him on the glider during the day, sighting that there was no law in dressing like a goblin and gliding around. Peter didn't know if it was Norman, or who it was. It made him paranoid and worried. This was what Harry should have done in the film. He should have made Peter panic, make him doubt everything he thought he knew.

-R
Yeah man, in the comics.
We were talking of his intentions in the movie, as far as I know.

I'm still mad at the way that they mishandled Harry in movie three.

Picture them having the Green Goblin return. In the same armor and costume of the goblin from movie one. Maybe take it a step further and place two holes in the torso of the armor...

Peter would be haunted. He would believe that his greatest enemy has returned from the dead.
-R

I never considered this as a possibility, but my first impression is that I really like your idea. I agree, having the Goblin reappear in the original costume would have made for some very compelling and powerful movie moments. I like it.

I did not explain myself very well:

Goblin Legacy does not equal another Goblin, say the Hobgoblin, it does mean the Osborn bloodline and all that it implies.

Love/Hate. Love of your best friend. Hate for feeling guilty at taking your best friend father's life (especially knowing how it felt to lose your Uncle Ben).

He knows! And all the comic goodness that comes from his knowing. Unfortunately we only got a small drop in the bucket of that goodness in the movies. Pity. It is one of the graatest subplots in the Goblin/Osborn Legacy.

We got Norman realizing Peter is Spider-Man and Only kidnapping MJ, and we only got Harry playing mind games with Peter (some) in SM3. AND THAT.. was the best part of Spider-Man 3 to me. LOVED IT! Greatness. Loved the Smile by Harry after Peter left the Diner...LOVED IT! Loved the battle between Spidey (Symbiote induced) vs. Harry... LOVED IT!

Norman and Harry, the Osborn/Goblin Legacy was (and still should be) greatness in the Spider-Man movie arcs. Pity that the decision was made to kill off the "line". Big mistake IMO, when they could have easily taken it in different directions... and COULD/SHOULD have given us the full-fledged treatment of the Osborn/Goblin Legacy.

I would have enjoyed it if they would have kept Goblin alive and saved his storyline and carried it over into the 2nd film. Now hindsight is 20/20, and we did afterall, get a tremendous 2nd movie featuring Ock.

I agree.... I think they very easily could have extended Normans run and created some really perplexing dillemas for Peter in the sequel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"