Sequels Graydon Creed

GNR

Avenger
Reaction score
Probably one of the deadliest human foes to the X-Men.His power lies in his power over the people as a politician and the anti mutant organization the F.O.H.Hopefully we see him in a future X flick.Who would you cast to play Creed?

Hmmmm....if they want to play him as an older looking guy:James Woods,hands down

...younger looking guy:no clue

I think Greed could work will for an X-Kids spin-off if they do one. That could very interesting indeed.

Got no clue on casting.

My dumb typecast first thoughts ?

Christopher McDonald
Michael Rooker

My much better thought out, less obvious, more imaginitive suggestion ?

Joaquin Phoenix

foto_phoenix.jpg
joaquin_phoenix.jpg

tamron said:
Kenneth Branagh

you don't think this movie has had enough American or otherwise non-British/UK characters played by people from the UK ? Particularly on the villains side of things

Magneto, Xavier, and Stryker are enough. Only with Stryker did they even bother having him sound sort of North American sounding, although not really. Still alot more transatlantic sounding than any hardass US military general I've ever heard. Especially when the character in the graphic Novel was clearly supposed to be like a Billy Graham red-state a$$hole type.

WalkingDead said:
I think Greed could work will for an X-Kids spin-off if they do one. That could very interesting indeed.

Got no clue on casting.

Is there an X-Kids spin-off planned. Info. please.

Hellion said:
Is there an X-Kids spin-off planned. Info. please.

Could be, but more likely the third spinoff being written, by (I think) Zak Penn will be a Mystique one, STUPIDLY.

The most ******ed thing a franchise can do is spinoff the most oversaturated characters already in the franchise who've gotten TONS more share of the movies than they've deserved. But if this turns out to be a Mystique spinoff that's exactly what they'll be doing.

BT18 said:
you don't think this movie has had enough American or otherwise non-British/UK characters played by people from the UK ? Particularly on the villains side of things

Magneto, Xavier, and Stryker are enough. Only with Stryker did they even bother having him sound sort of North American sounding, although not really. Still alot more transatlantic sounding than any hardass US military general I've ever heard. Especially when the character in the graphic Novel was clearly supposed to be like a Billy Graham red-state a$$hole type.

I couldn't care less where actors are from, as long as they're good actors. Branagh is a good actor. Joaquin Phoenix is okay, I think a little young for Graydon Creed, but Branagh was the first guy that popped in my mind.

As for Stryker, well he was clearly an amalgamation of characters, in no way intended to be like the comic Rev. Stryker.

Well, if they do a Mystique spinoff, there's a chance that they could get a little Graydon in there. After all, he is her son.

BT18 said:
Could be, but more likely the third spinoff being written, by (I think) Zak Penn will be a Mystique one, STUPIDLY.

The most ******ed thing a franchise can do is spinoff the most oversaturated characters already in the franchise who've gotten TONS more share of the movies than they've deserved. But if this turns out to be a Mystique spinoff that's exactly what they'll be doing.

Mystique is not an oversaturated character.She's hardly had any lines in the movies.Your personal opinion of "how much she deserved" doesn't mean she is a character not worth making a movie of.

Abaddon said:
Mystique is not an oversaturated character.She's hardly had any lines in the movies.Your personal opinion of "how much she deserved" doesn't mean she is a character not worth making a movie of.

She's oversaturated when compared to the comic book. That's what I was trying to get across. She's used in every movie at the expense of tons of other villains we haven't yet seen. That's why I think when compared to the comic, the 3 most overused characters are

1 - Wolverine, by FAR
2 - Magneto
3 - Mystique

And I think it's ridiculously ill thought out that the 3 most overused/exposed/saturated characters when compared to the comic are the ones to get the spinoffs. As apposed to the logical approach which would be to leave people wanting to see more of a character and developing the underdeveloped in spinoff movies.

You can't seriously believe Wolverine is more saturated in the movies than in comics.:confused:

tamron said:
I couldn't care less where actors are from, as long as they're good actors. Branagh is a good actor. Joaquin Phoenix is okay, I think a little young for Graydon Creed, but Branagh was the first guy that popped in my mind.

As for Stryker, well he was clearly an amalgamation of characters, in no way intended to be like the comic Rev. Stryker.

I always thought it would be great if in X2,Stryker was a Reverend like in "God Loves,Man kills." Except in the movie he would still have the military position to carry out the the mission.Him being a reverend could serve as a public front,furthering his propaganda against mutants preaching to the people.Now that would be awesome.It would definitely have been more darker though,and X2 was already kind of dark.Cox would have pulled it off perfectly.

Phoenix could be good for Creed, but he would have to really get his bad a$$ down. I'm sure he could play hate really well.

"AM I NOT MERCIFUL?!" hehehehe...wierdo.

I don't really see it (although I hate when people give my suggestions that response). So, I'll just say, I'll have to watch another one of his performances.

The only hero I really see I think he'd have been relatively good for is Daredevil. Although he get suggested for everyone.

Just remember, I was suggesting him for Cap way before the Cole Hauser bandwagon started. :)

As for Joaquin Phoenix playing Graydon Creed, I like it.

Something about his face reminds me so much of comic book Victor Creed.

Big Dirty Ogre said:
Just remember, I was suggesting him for Cap way before the Cole Hauser bandwagon started. :)

As for Joaquin Phoenix playing Graydon Creed, I like it.

Something about his face reminds me so much of comic book Victor Creed.

yeah but i was suggesting him after he appeared in 'Higher Learning' along with Andrew Bryniarski (Texas Chainsaw Massacre). :)

BT18 said:

potential scene for X-Men 4...

Wolverine busts into the Friends of Humanity headquarters, claws out, surrounded by FOH thugs. Creed is up onstage, notices the intrusion...

Creed: You're in big trouble, Wolverine. I eat pieces of **** like you for breakfast.

Wolverine: You eat pieces of **** for breakfast?

Donnie Darko said:
potential scene for X-Men 4...

Wolverine busts into the Friends of Humanity headquarters, claws out, surrounded by FOH thugs. Creed is up onstage, notices the intrusion...

Creed: You're in big trouble, Wolverine. I eat pieces of **** like you for breakfast.

Wolverine: You eat pieces of **** for breakfast?

This made my day! :up: :D

how about Adam Baldwin (Full Metal Jacket) as Creed? he looks like he could play the angry leader of anti-mutant hate group to me. and he's not unbelievable as the son of Sabretooth, is he? i just think he's the right amount of imposing to pull it off. of course he would be wearing a suit and have his hair styled differently to look like Creed.

http://www.imdb.com/gallery/ss/0303461/Ss/0303461/5869100_2_19.jpg?path=pgallery&path_key=Baldwin,%20Adam

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/76/Graycreed.png

look at the 2nd pic from the left
http://www.adambaldwin-central.com/negative2.jpg

Stryker's group were paramilitary. i see Creed's F.O.H more like a collection of American History X skinhead types.

^ I doubt Adam Baldwin wants to play a character who's very much a negative "angry white male" republican type archetype (albeit taken to the extreme) when he himself is a proud republican.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"