Green Goblin Costume Design

Discussion in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' started by harryoscop, May 5, 2015.

1. harryoscop Registered

How do want the MCU's version of the Green Goblin to look? should they use a Mask/Costume or should it be a mutation?
    Ultimate or 616?

I personally think they should use a mask and remember that hologram mask that BW wore in TWS? well yeah, they could use a similar tech for Norman's mask.

His mask similar to this:
    [​IMG]

Thoughts?

Tymminator likes this.
  2. Webhead2006 The Web-Swinger

I want a suit an mask. I don't want some hulking out monster form.

So I like to see suit some sort of adaption of this look:
    [​IMG]

3. Village_Idiot Captain of Industry

4. PeterBenParker Wallopin' Websnappers!

[​IMG]

Please and thank you.

5. Spidey220987 Registered

My friends know how I feel about this.

THIS is the only mask I want to see a Green Goblin wear.
    Obviously, it would be green.
    It's convincing and still allows for emotions to be seen.

http://youtu.be/FcZSsdDcFTQ

Tymminator likes this.
  6. Spidey220987 Registered

Here's another example (without a Goblin look), but it shows that a silicone mask can definitely work.

http://youtu.be/tXmxk8ykUdM

Tymminator likes this.
  7. Spidey220987 Registered

8. Spidey-Lad93 Registered

how about something that actually look like it came from the pages of the comics straight to the big screen and don't give that excuse it would look silly no it wouldn't you could have a scary villain if done right and I would like the Pumpkin bombs to look like Jack O Lanterns

9. Joined:
    Mar 6, 2015
    Yes and yes.

10. UltimateWebhead Black's the new Red&Blue

Use the classic 616 design, please. Norman is crazy, sadistic, and devious, amongst other things. Norman creating the Goblin character out of his madness and desire for control speaks volumes about him and should be putting on a mask instead of being transformed by some serum.

11. The Slang Registered

That video was scarier than any version of the green goblin. That's what he should have looked like.

12. The Slang Registered

In the 90's cartoon Norman created the Hobgoblin and was nearly killed by him before he made the Green Goblin persona. I don't think that's necessarily better than the comic version, but it does give some explanation for why he becomes the Green Goblin.

13. harryoscop Registered

Great examples! :up: this proves that a rubber mask can most definitely work (with a few CG touch-ups of course), Norman should have highly advanced version of prosthetics for the face.

I want s true 616 Green Goblin this time around and I have faith in Marvel to get it right.

14. Neno_Kos Registered

We dreaming decade for right Goblin costume and interpretation. We go from power ranger costume to talking heads and sons of goblins.

I just hope one day this character gets his justice. Can you imagine DC screwing up Joker over and over again decade now...

#14 Neno_Kos, May 6, 2015
    Last edited: May 6, 2015
  15. Protar Registered

I'd like a full on mutated Goblin. Not quite to the level of Ultimate Green Goblin, but that sort of style. When you're rebooting a franchise, especially for the second time, I think you need to really set yourself apart from the old series.

16. CaptainWagner Searching (P)

I've stated it before a lot, but personally I'd rather see Hobgoblin first in the new series. Norman would best serve the MCU by heading up Dark Reign.

17. Supa Registered

I know he hasn't been done all that well, but we've had enough Goblins.

I wouldn't be opposed to Norman himself being the bad guy, but the Green Goblin again isn't appealing to me. No more split personalities and genetic mutations for me, thank you.

He's got plenty of other villains we can use. Mysterio, Kraven, Vulture, rework it a bit and I'm sure you could make a movie out of someone like Scorpion. Corrupt Corporate Executives are also pretty good baddies for Spidey. Just no more Goblins, man.

18. NinjaTurtleFan Turtle Power!

Any of these please.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And don't get me wrong, I understand the complaints about not seeing Green Goblin again, but Norman Osborn in the MCU has great potential. Not only will we, I feel, see a proper version of the Green Goblin but also we could see Dark Avengers and Norman become the new Iron Patriot and more.

19. Webhead2006 The Web-Swinger

Ya all I want for any goblin is to do them right this time. And just going by looks so far in mcu. They have nailed alot of the villains right. So I hope we can see classic goblins done right this go around.

20. Spider-Gnome Walloping Web-Snappers!

Yeah, this is the representation I want for the Goblin.

Thanks for posting those! Those are exactly the type of masks I have talked about in numerous posts on how to do the Goblin mask which still allows for expressions.

21. The Infernal Mky Mk

- No purse
    - No elf shoes
    - No Smurf hat
    - and definitely no Ultimate Goblin transformations

That's all I ask. :o

22. UltimateWebhead Black's the new Red&Blue

I never liked the idea of putting Hobgoblin before GG. I'd prefer Norman simply wanting to take over the organized crime element in NYC like the original story. Update the story to make it more contemporary but if we're talking other iterations, I really enjoyed TSSM's take on Norman and the GG.

23. Supa Registered

I mean, if we're gonna do a villain we've already done, why not do Doc Ock?

He's just as iconic of a Spidey villain as Green Goblin, he's visually interesting, and he hasn't been done 3 times thus far.

24. harryoscop Registered

Whether you like it or not, Norman IS Spidey's classic arch nemesis and Green Goblin is going to be done once again.

Him along with Venom are probably the most likely villains to appear in the MCU sooner rather than later.

25. Supa Registered

Doc Ock is a strong contender for Spidey's arch-enemy as well. And while he made them count, Green Goblin only appeared about a dozen times before he died, and he stayed dead for, what, 10 years, then Harry took over? And then it was another 10 until Norman came back. The point being, arch-nemesis or not, he's not like Lex or Joker where everything's centered around him. Spidey doesn't strictly need to have the Green Goblin, and he really shouldn't again. We've had 3 Goblins this far. Joker's pretty much one of the most iconic supervillains, and we've only gotten him twice.

Doc Ock's an easier villain to bring to the big screen, and like I said, he's much more visually interesting with what you can do with the arms. Plus there's the whole angle of playing of Raimi nostalgia with him too. The only reason why GG would get in over him is he's more iconic, and even then, Doc Ock's not exactly obscure either.

And he sure as hell can appear before Venom does. You don't have to mess around with aliens and symbiotes.

And still, there's a ton of other Spidey villains anyway. Why do we even need to repeat at all?