Green Goblin Costume Design

Discussion in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' started by harryoscop, May 5, 2015.

1. MyDudeSpidey Marvel's

If they can do it right though, I wouldn't be against it. My point was that I understand why they've strayed away from the source material, because honestly, and I'm sure most would agree, GG has always looked fairly ridiculous (for the most part anyway). But if they somehow find a way to do it where it looks awesome and comic book accurate at the same time, I'd be all for it.

Although, I still kinda prefer an Ultimate-esque/mutated goblin.

#276 MyDudeSpidey, Sep 17, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2015
  2. Webhead2006 The Web-Swinger

like i said personally i rather have a outfit on par to bucky or cap from the mcu for bases for goblin outfit, get the purple and greens thrown in their that look right and not to goofy. Then really its just head region i dont know how to pull it off. Do you do mask and elf hat, mask and hood, a helmet/hood deal. But looking how marvel has gotten villains pretty right. I still say we could really end up with a more comics like look for mcu take when it comes. I just want to see a more comics look from goblin. I dont want mutation into a hulk like monster, i dont want power rangers like suit, or a mishap of armor/mutation like webb did. I just want to see insane norman and a suit suit and the whole ****ck with gobby.

3. Godzillasaurus Someone with no strings

^Design-wise, villains in the MCU have been pretty well-developed, even if their final film designs are miles from their original comic book designs. In the department of personality and dialogue, many are lacking.

So yes, Marvel will probably be able to pull off something really dope this time around, but I wouldn't wager he will be the best-developed antagonist

4. Johnny-Oh "You got heart, kid"

To be fair a lot of villains they've adapted are terrible to begin with, I would expect them to make extra effort to make Green Goblin a compelling villain.

5. Webhead2006 The Web-Swinger

Well I said it before looking at most besides loki, thanos, ronin, alot of the others we have seen where not the best marvel villains out there. Where with spidey rouges they have better stable to play with and create good characters.

6. Wildcard Cataclysmic Titan

^ Red-Skull would count on that list. And I think Darren Cross/Yellowjacket was great, certainly far better than a lot of others.

And I think that applies mostly because the villains didn't get fleshed out as much as they should've been in addition to already not being widely known to begin like. Like Malekith, who deserved to a lot more spotlight than he ultimately got.

7. Webhead2006 The Web-Swinger

Ya that is why I think having spidey now gives them more villains to play with and have more to do.

8. Lantern Venom Emerald Echo Podcast Co-Host

Red Skull was expertly done, but he deserves more than 1 movie. The way that Raimi treated the Green Goblin, as someone who was always influencing Peter's life, even after death is how Skull should have been done.

While I like the idea of Marvel introducing new Spidey villains, Goblin is the Joker to Spidey's Batman. He just has to be a part of any new Spider-man continuity.

9. TheGearMan Hero

I would disagree, but even the trivia on the backs of energy bar boxes is against me.

10. Lantern Venom Emerald Echo Podcast Co-Host

We all our personal likes, but Spidey's world has always had the influence of a Goblin, and Norman began that influence. Doc Ock is #2, and while I've never particularly cared for Ock, that's how Spidey's universe has always been handled.

11. MyDudeSpidey Marvel's

I'd say that Spidey's greatest foes are Green Goblin, Doc Ock & Venom. In that order.

#286 MyDudeSpidey, Sep 20, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2015
  12. TheGearMan Hero

I say the only reason GG has become #1 in most fans' minds is the Night Gwen Stacy Died.

I think Green Goblin has had an influence on Peter, yes-- posthumously. He represents Pete's greatest failure. But is he Pete's greatest villain? I doubt that very much.

I opened up the third appearance of the Green Goblin recently (I was so happy to have gotten The Goblin and The Gangsters, I had never read it before) and while their battles were quite fun, he wasn't Spider-Man's greatest threat (at that time) by any means. Heck, the only reason he got away in the end was that Spidey ran out of webs. Gobby's plan was a complete flop!
    So that's not the way Spidey has "always" been handled, for sure.

13. Rhino-Night Registered

TBH I think the best option I read here (it was somewhere in here not sure who said it tho sorry for not crediting) was to do something similar to the joker's transformation from the Batman Beyond movie. It would fit the idea that the MCU has established of being a mix between the 616 and ultimate universes, with him transforming but transforming into something more resembling the classic suit, then have this alternate persona don the costume. He could have it be both a practical and theatrical, as its an alternate persona and not just some business man dressing like a goblin
    also sorry i realize this thread is HELLA old

14. AndyTrevino This says a lot about our society

Unfortunately, we'll probably have to stop speculating on what his MCU costume will look like right now. Until they make a new deal, it's hopeless.

15. AndyTrevino This says a lot about our society

We should get this thread back up and rolling