The Costume

Rorschach2012

Batman is my Dad
Reaction score
a place to discuss GL's digs.

If I had a choice in the matter, the suit would look like this unused concept art from the 2011 movie:

64AWVMK.jpg

It fits perfectly with Snyder's existing aesthetic, and it remains true to the original design. It looks sturdy and protective, but thin and lightweight. I also like that it makes GL look like a soldier. It's the best design I've seen for a GL movie costume.

The mask in this design is awful though. In space, Hal shouldn't use the mask, but it makes sense to use it on Earth. Snyder can make the mask look good, but they may do away the mask altogether.

so what do you think GL should look like?

I think individual character's costumes should look like some individual character created it....not like they're trying to mimic a style of some other character.

I think individual character's costumes should look like some individual character created it....not like they're trying to mimic a style of some other character.
I can't tell if you're saying that the picture i posted is mimicking another character's style. It isn't..

But yeah I agree, each member of the JL should look very unique, and adding the suit i posted to the mix would add a lot to an already good looking lineup

You said - It fits perfectly with Snyder's existing aesthetic - I took that as you think it mimics his designs for Supes and Bats. I was saying that it would be nice to see a character come up with his own design and not just mimic the other guys running around.

You said - It fits perfectly with Snyder's existing aesthetic - I took that as you think it mimics his designs for Supes and Bats. I was saying that it would be nice to see a character come up with his own design and not just mimic the other guys running around.
Being able to fit in with an existing aesthetic does not equal mimicking another character's look....It simply means that I can see that design fitting in with the world and look that Snyder has established. The design i posted looks like something I'd imagine Snyder and co would come up with.

I fail to see how it looks anything like any of the existing Snyder costumes, so I don't see where you're coming from there. The very design of GL's costume is just so different from all of the other members of the league.

The image i posted was from before Batman v Superman. It was from the 2011 movie... So there's no connection to the BVS costumes. It just happens to look like it would fit in with the Snyder DCU.

I think it should look less like a superhero costume and more like a uniform. I also think the mask is dumb, the whole point of cops is that they are accountable. Basically I want a super-powered cop movie in space.

Some designs I like:

E9bmBeW.jpg
2kEFoAW.jpg
ue6O8st.jpg
O8xocrK.jpg
GL_Movie_Costume_Design.png
green_lantern_redesign_by_tsbranch-d5ecoqh.jpg

Last edited:
No reason to go that different with it. Really there's no reason not to go with the original suit maybe with different colored gloves. Basically the First Flight/Emerald Knights costume.

The costume from the first movie had the potential to look pretty cool if they had just done it practically.

green_lantern_arm_test__by_davegrasso-d60pqll.jpg

So you want all CG again? Because it worked so well last time?
In the comics, i never understood why the ring can produce a solid costume that looks like it is made of some sort textile or cloth, but every other construct it makes is a mere green hologram looking thing.

the way the movie did it made a lot more sense, and is consistent in how the ring is suppose to work, so a CGI costume makes more sense, it just wasn't executed well.

Using the 2011 movie as an example of why a CGI costume can't work is piss poor. especially with Snyder's track record on CGI:
Michael_Shannon_as_Zod.jpg

Doctor_Manhattan_(Movie).jpg

The costume from the first movie had the potential to look pretty cool if they had just done it practically.

green_lantern_arm_test__by_davegrasso-d60pqll.jpg

The design really is great. Shame the way they translated it never worked as well as it could have. Though I think that is to be blamed upon the effects house.

I imagine that, like Wonder Woman and Batman, it will be heavily New 52 influenced.

The black parts of the suit can be practical, the green parts can have mild cgi enhancements

The black parts of the suit can be practical, the green parts can have mild cgi enhancements

this

there's plenty of different materials to make it look like it's an energy materialized costume. Man Of Steel Zod suit was good, but nothing beats a well made practical costume

Yeah agreed I thought it was a mistake to go full cgi for GL. The suit ended up looking good but the mask looked horrible!
Practical with CGI enhancements to light up the suit

I remember the days where the Fantastic Four movie suits were used as the base for all the GL suit manips

Yeah agreed I thought it was a mistake to go full cgi for GL. The suit ended up looking good but the mask looked horrible!
Practical with CGI enhancements to light up the suit

I remember the days where the Fantastic Four movie suits were used as the base for all the GL suit manips

The mask was my only real problem. There was no weight, no depth, no dimension to it.

fe3a092954e5c0deb488557bb9e5bb4b.jpg

I want something like this.. But I want the logo to be on the side of his chest so that it doesn't look similar to Batman-Superman-Flash-Cyborg costumes.. Right now I don't know how they will give an explanation to why the suits look similar for every hero. For Superman its his alien krypotonian attire.

Unlike the previous flashy cgi suit worn by Reynolds. I want the black part to be actually a suit like Supermans that looks cool and slick. Also basically he can easily hide it by wearing clothes over it. But I think this black underpart should be what everyone wears in out of space and when in combat the green parts show up.

Also I don't want the domino mask, because JOHN STEWART FTW………
but yea if they do it this way, it won't be as costly for them to cgi every bit, but just the green part only when GL is fighting or appearing as a hero in Earth. Similar to how they cgi did Supermans cape in man of steel..

I want something like this.. But I want the logo to be on the side of his chest so that it doesn't look similar to Batman-Superman-Flash-Cyborg costumes.. Right now I don't know how they will give an explanation to why the suits look similar for every hero. For Superman its his alien krypotonian attire.

Unlike the previous flashy cgi suit worn by Reynolds. I want the black part to be actually a suit like Supermans that looks cool and slick. Also basically he can easily hide it by wearing clothes over it. But I think this black underpart should be what everyone wears in out of space and when in combat the green parts show up.

but yea if they do it this way, it won't be as costly for them to cgi every bit, but just the green part only when GL is fighting or appearing as a hero in Earth. Similar to how they cgi did Supermans cape in man of steel..

This is awesome man... throw some white on the gloves and is really great...
I don't agree about changing the symbols place on the center of his chest tho.

I love that suit design i would just want the constructs to be directly on the undersuit and not floating off of it I would want the black undersuit to come out of the ring and grow/spread out from the ring like a symbiote with the green being energy exposing why each suit would be individualized to the wearer as each wearer would visualize the green differently.

Last edited:
It should be a mix of practical and CGI,. it mustl ook out of this world,. but the suit from the first movie just didnt look right at all. Looked way too weird

Combining these two designs perfectly encapsulates the way the uniforms should look with the green design/patterning varying based on the wielder.

Last edited:
Bj0xNsc.png

Found this on the Justice League board, while it isn't what I would immediately imagine, I think it looks very cool and would gladly embrace it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"