Green Lantern - Blu-ray, DVD Thread

Green Ray lol.
Although I rate the film a 5/10, I'm still getting it for my superhero DVD collection :-)

I'll definitely be getting it.

I was hoping they'd do a collector's edition in a Lantern shaped case that glows in the dark. Maybe it would even say the oath if you clicked a button? That'd be awesome.

I'll definitely be getting it.

I was hoping they'd do a collector's edition in a Lantern shaped case that glows in the dark. Maybe it would even say the oath if you clicked a button? That'd be awesome.

Probably would of happened if Green Lantern didn't fail and they cared about its release.

I be picking this up but i really think they need to do a directors cut like daredevil did that would help the film alotl.

What the hell are these special features
Behind the Story with Geoff Johns
I Am the Ring
The Guardians of the Universe
A First Look at Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Duck Dodgers "The Green Loontern"
Bruce Timm's Top Picks: Once and Future Thing Part 1
Bruce Timm's Top Picks: Once and Future Thing Part 2
Bruce Timm's Top Picks: Hearts and Minds Part 1
Bruce Timm's Top Picks: Hearts and Minds Part 2
Bruce Timm's Top Picks: The Return
Sinestro
Blackest Night: Inside the DC Comic Event
From Graphic Novel to Original Animated Movie Justice League
Wonder Woman: The Amazon Princess
Batman Gotham Knight - An Anime Evolution

Half of them have nothing to do with the movie/GL

What the hell are these special features

Half of them have nothing to do with the movie/GL

These are the same extras First Flight has, so maybe (hopefully) it is just a mistake...

Those UK covers are truly, deeply UGLY. (I had to emphasize that last word.) Hopefully the U.S. releases won't have the same artwork, but hopefully that one-sheet artwork with Hal and the Corps. That was the lone bright spot of the marketing.

Those covers are dreadful. They had to take GL's mask off of Reynolds in hopes of selling it to the Rom-Com crowd lol.

Steelbook cover looks better, though

I heard the Green Lantern Blu Ray disc is going to have Ultra-Violet technology. Never heard of it before... Anyone know what it is exactly?

Last edited:
LOL, looking at those covers is just hysterical. I know that's how they presented the posters over there but those are just terrible.

I heard the Green Lantern Blu Ray disc is going to have Ultra-Violet technology. Never heard of it before... Anyone know what it is exactly?
Don't know. Probably just something for kids to crazy over and to get their parents to buy it.

When is the North American release out of curiosity?

I'll get the GL DVD when it's in the $5 bin next summer. I mean it really might get there that fast if it's rate of B.O. drop is any comparison.

Several here have said they don't like the covers shown in the first post....there are sites around the net where you can find custom made covers for movies that are usually a whole lot better than the official releases.

I wonder why they haven't released the U.S. version of the cover yet.

Extended cut? What additional stuff could be on there?

I wouldn't go by amazon just yet because those special features listed are from the First Flight Blu Ray/DVD.

Hoping that the 14 minutes is true but I'd wait until we get an official press release.

extended cut : 14 extra minutes says amazon.uk

HMV now also list the Triple PLay Blu-ray as "Extended Version":
http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProductDetails.do?ctx=280;-1;-1;-1;-1&sku=767252
http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProductDetails.do?ctx=280;-1;-1;-1;-1&sku=204146

I wouldn't go by amazon just yet because those special features listed are from the First Flight Blu Ray/DVD.

Hoping that the 14 minutes is true but I'd wait until we get an official press release.

Yeah, the extras can't be right...Hope they'll announce something soon!

PLAY.COM has the special features as follows

• The Universe According to Green Lantern
  • Ryan Reynolds Becomes the Green Lantern
  • Deleted Scenes
  • MMM: Green Lantern's Light (No Walk On Version)
  • MMM: Graphic Localization
  • MMM: PiP
  • The Art of the Green Lantern - MMM Focus Pod
  • Weapons Hot: The U.C.A.V Dog Fight - MMM Focus Pod
  • Reinventing the Superhero Costume - MMM Focus Pod
  • Ring Slinging 101 - MMM Focus Pod
  • We Are the Corps - MMM Focus Pod
  • Acting Under 10 Pounds of Silicone - MMM Focus Pod
  • When Parallax Attacks - MMM Focus Pod
  • Justice League #1 Digital Comic
  • Preview of Green Lantern: The Animated Series

http://www.play.com/DVD/Blu-ray/4-/21619945/Green-Lantern-3D/Product.html?searchtype=r2alldvd&searchsource=0&searchstring=green+lantern&urlrefer=search&strefer=r2alldvd&searchfilters=s{green+lantern}%2bc{57}%2b

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"