DC Animated - Superman/Batman: Apocalypse

also how supergirl got there. the comics did a better job conveying it. batman and superman were actually talking to eachother while batman was underwater. superman had to stay away since kryptonite was still left over from the meteor. the jla were doing cleanup. still think the internal monologues would have helped the movie way more.

Andre Baugher is a good actor but a horrible Darkseid. He doesn't sound nearly as menacing as Michael Ironside. It sounds like he was trying to read his lines as fast as possible just to get it over with.

Last edited:
Out of all the Superman fights I've seen, I think his one against Darkseid is my favorite. Tornado of punches and heat vision :awesome:

They definitely went all out with that one.

Rewatching it and this is still one of my favorite animated films from all of the DC movies. Strong adaption from the comic, the animation style is a great rendition from the comics and one of the strongest overall in all of DCs animated works (esp of WW). And we had the OG SM/WW/BM VA's return for it, Wish we could a WW animated series with this style of animation.

Completely agreed. I love how simple the storyline is. One of the best.

I know everyone complained about the designs/animation back in the day, but I seriously thought they nailed the Michael Turner look.

You can tell so much effort went into it.

I thought Public Enemies was better and I still don’t like Braugher as Darkseid (think he would have been much more suited to Mongul) but on the whole it’s pretty good.

I like Public Enemies better too, but this was pretty enjoyable.

The Wonder Woman vs The Furies fight is masterful imo. I wish we could get superhero action like that in live action

I like Public Enemies better too, but this was pretty enjoyable.

The Wonder Woman vs The Furies fight is masterful imo. I wish we could get superhero action like that in live action

Yeah that fight is amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"