Green Lantern Footage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea... the full thing will be attached to Harry Potter... but is it going to be on foreign prints as well?

looks as bad as Avatar did at this point in production/post.

hopefully WB will shell out the dough for this (one of) their biggest releases next summer.

still not in love with that mask. they are definitely going for a tone very similar to the new Star Trek. Hal=Kirk.

Very cool when he changed into the suit. That was sick!

Looks cheesy.

But I did like Kilowog and the alien planet.

Christ, this looks so awesome. This is going to look so fantastic come next summer. I am loving the costume and Oa and Killowog and...all of it. Just terrific. I cannot wait to see the full hi-res trailer.

The quirky tone seems like Iron Man

This was definitely meant to be WB's Iron Man. And of course some Star Trek.

The quirky tone seems like Iron Man
Exactly what I thought. Surprising that Reynolds is typically "Reynolds" from the little we've seen. I thought he'd have toned it down a notch. But we'll see.

I'm iffy on the CGI. The Oa shots look fantastic, it's unlike anything I've seen from a comic book film to date. Definitely living up to the space-opera feel. But the suit does look to be treading that real/fake line to a point where it can go either way at any given moment. Perhaps it's a little too bright because the night shots of him in the suit look fine from what I can tell.

At the very least I'm excited to see the action. The small glimpses of flight are exactly as I'd imagined. And I LOVED the Lantern-Fist. :up:

The CGI in the ET clip looks horrible. I hope it doesn't look that bad in the trailer; I mean, I know there's plenty of time to finish/improve on it, but I can't stand it when things are released when they don't look right. The very first shot of him "turning the suit on" made me want to vomit. Other shots its ok, but most its just too cartoonish. guess we'll see.

Funny they reveal so much of the suit so early...

I remember the first ever Iron man footage it was just a helmet. Then the full trailer had the full armour only at the end for like 5 secs

Looks to have some cheeseball humor. I can totally see what people are saying about an Iron Man vibe

well my only problem is the effects, but i am thinking its way to short to judge in anyway now. I don't see it as Iron Man, I mean Hal Jordan is a guy who is cocky and hits on women. there is bound to be some simialirites cause the characters have some.

Can Ryan Reynolds play anything besides Van Wilder in every role?

way to judge a whole film by 2 second clips taken out of context.

You gotta admit even though it was short it gives a very good hint at what the style of the movie is: an adventure story with cheesy humor. Hopefully they dont play the character of Jordan like that the entire movie though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"