Ryan Reynolds Says 'There's No Rule' Against Playing Deadpool And Green Lantern

So they gonna bring out Green Lantern 2 and Batman 3 in the same summer?

Not a chance.

Showtime DID say that Warners plans on releasing Batman 3 and Superman in the same year. Batman in July and Superman in mid-December.

There's still some spots left on the summer 2012 roster, so if Warners wants to have two DC films out that summer -- more power to them. It's not like they're rushing GL2 at the moment.

GL2 by 2013 hopefully. A year later is stupid.

There is zero chance of that happening.

The first Green Lantern is a big enough financial risk. But basically filming three back to back? Not a chance in hell. Green Lantern is a totally untried character in the mass market. Doing this would be like Marvel making 3 Iron Man films back to back. It just doesn't make business sense.

It is not only a massive financial risk, but it goes against WB/DCs movie plan. One tentpole a year.

So they gonna bring out Green Lantern 2 and Batman 3 in the same summer?

Not a chance.

Well history says that it was done before (see "Superman 1 & 2" and the "Lord of the Rings" trilogy) so I don't see what you are basing your "zero chance" theory on.

Last edited:
I don't care if part 2 is out in 2012,they should bring it on imo,as long as it's great. I have no reason to complain about the plan right now. It's not like the movie is going to be filmed on the spot as soon as the writing is finally done,etc.

Last edited:
I can't see the sequel coming out in 2012. Ryan's just too busy in 2011 to film it. Plus, there's everyone's so concerned abou 2012, but what about 2013 and beyond? Unless we're all dead, there's room to stretch it out a bit and not clutter the market.

That 2012 release date is impossible to make. 2013 at the very least. Plus, Warner Bros. already has Batman 3 and Man of Steel coming out that year, why would they put two major tentpoles (Batman & Green Lantern) against each other. Doesn't make sense.

You gotta be kidding if you think that we'll see a sequel in 2012. The first movie isn't that big that it needs to be cut into 2 parts. Not to mention that as soon as the director is finished with GL1 , he'll immediatly have to shoot the 2nd movie in order to make the 2012 release date.
C'mon people use your brain. If we were going to see 2 movies in 2011 and 2012 WB would've announced this long ago.

WB takes risks but they won't take that big of a risk to immediatly shoot 2 GL back-to-back. It's always been a case of "wait and see how the first movie will perform and then proceed forward with sequel(s)".
Matrix 2 & 3 , final potter movies .

As for Reynolds playing Deadpool , this really could conflict with his schedule. It's a question of when Fox plans to release the Deadpool movie as well as whether WB is going to make back-toback sequels. If WB is doing the latter , that would mean that Fox would either have to wait till Reynolds is finished or recast.

My prediction is: 2013 will have Green Lantern 2 and The Flash.

My prediction is: 2013 will have Green Lantern 2 and The Flash.

Seems about right . I just hope that WB and Nolan don't put Batman on the backburner after the 3rd flick is released in 2012.
That and not getting a superman movie after 2012.

You gotta be kidding if you think that we'll see a sequel in 2012. The first movie isn't that big that it needs to be cut into 2 parts. Not to mention that as soon as the director is finished with GL1 , he'll immediatly have to shoot the 2nd movie in order to make the 2012 release date.
C'mon people use your brain. If we were going to see 2 movies in 2011 and 2012 WB would've announced this long ago.

WB takes risks but they won't take that big of a risk to immediatly shoot 2 GL back-to-back. It's always been a case of "wait and see how the first movie will perform and then proceed forward with sequel(s)".
Matrix 2 & 3 , final potter movies .

As for Reynolds playing Deadpool , this really could conflict with his schedule. It's a question of when Fox plans to release the Deadpool movie as well as whether WB is going to make back-toback sequels. If WB is doing the latter , that would mean that Fox would either have to wait till Reynolds is finished or recast.

It's that big. Greg Berlanti sold Green Lantern as a grand trilogy. This is not unlike how Richard Donner and the Salkind brothers sold Superman as a two picture deal or like Peter Jackson sold LOTR as a trilogy. My counterpoint was that it has been done before and I am not kidding either. From what I have been reading from the print media the expectation out of this franchise is that it will eclipse "Harry Potter" as the highest grossing film franchise ever.

Last edited:
From what I have been reading from the print media the expectation out of this franchise is that it will eclips "Harry Potter" as the highest grossing film franchise ever.
Reading that
First I thought :wow::awesome::woot:
Then I thought:huh:
Now I think :whatever:
I like GL, but bigger than Harry Potter...nah

It's that big. Greg Berlanti sold Green Lantern as a grand trilogy. This is not unlike how Richard Donner and the Salkind brothers sold Superman as a two picture deal or like Peter Jackson sold LOTR as a trilogy. My counterpoint was that it has been done before and I am not kidding either. From what I have been reading from the print media the expectation out of this franchise is that it will eclipse "Harry Potter" as the highest grossing film franchise ever.

GL eclipsing Potter as a film franchise? Even Spider-man trilogy couldn't dethrone Potter, and I don't see GL doing better than Spider-man.

I'd be a happy man if a GL movie could at least make around 500$ million or more at the box office. But I think that 800$ million+ would be pushing it a lot.

Domestically speaking,none of the Harry Potter movies so far have made more money than the Spiderman movies domestically.

Last edited:
It is weird to think GL could perform extremely well at the BO and break records but I have this feeling in my soul that it could change cinema. Something that will follow for decades in pop culture just like Star Wars.

It's very odd.

that's a bold statement. we'll see. it could have more creativity than Avatar though.

Rob Liefield tweeted this:

"Warner Bros. just trying to protect their investment. They don't want Ryan Reynolds playing Deadpool AND Green Lantern. Interesting 2 watch"

He's typing that as he draws his pouches.

"I can't draw feet" - - Rob Liefeld

When you're an artist, you're always improving and learning new styles. What stopped him from learning how to draw feet?

I swear to God, he made a comment HINTING that Green Lantern would be delayed and Deadpool would be made first.

http://twitter.com/robertliefeld/status/20729939739

It's only a theory and his opinion though.

also:
Bottom line about Deadpool film is that if FOX doesn't pull the DP film together with Ryan Reynolds between GL films-they should Hari Kari

http://twitter.com/robertliefeld/status/20906785364
Ryan Reynolds is the new Will Smith, if FOX can't maximize this window of opportunity with this star, this character, that script=MASSV FAIL

http://twitter.com/robertliefeld/status/20906974395

So about as recent as Liefeld's bad drawings. He shouldn't ever use the words "Massive Fail" in his life. He would be making fun of himself if he did.

It's funny how his twitter is plastered with Deadpool.

I swear to GOD, that he didn't give a crap about that character until it became successful and NOW he's riding on the tailcoats of his creation (that started off as a rip off of DC's Deathstroke. It was the other writers that Deadpool interesting, not so much Liefeld)

Hari Kari? Rob.. it's HARAKIRI... please... for that mistake... go perform HARI KARI on yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"