Green Lantern: The Animated Series

Status
Not open for further replies.
i agree with what some of you have said. i don't like the other red lanterns being so "controlled". but like i said before they might just be the generals or top tier red lanterns who are more in tune with their power now. when they show other red lanterns they might be the mindless blood raged beings we are used to. also atrocitus did start to learn how to use his power ring in the comics. i should say i haven't read all of brightest day yet so i really don't know what happened. i only got to atrocitus using his ring for the first time. then i stopped reading. never came back to it.
i usually wait till an event is over then collect it in it's entirety. i don't like waiting for next issues.

^In the current RL comic book, Atrocitus has to willingly increase other RLs mental capacity. They should all be mindless dogs until he says otherwise.

This premier was decent. The show feels a bit too Star Wars but hopefully they lose the ship after Atrocitus is dealt with. I wish they'd kept the "RLs die once their rings are removed" aspect also.

Last edited:
Just watched it and loved it. I think The Red Lanterns were ok as the villain but would have preferred some earth villains first. Also having the Red Lanterns be zero like their comic counterpart was kinda annoying but i could see how that would be kinda heavy for a kids show.

I'm not certain that it would be the biggest deal if the Sinestro Corps were adapted faithfully. They are fear and do not involve puking up blood or the idea of pure hatred coursing through whats left of them and their hearts not beatibg anymore. Essentially the Sinestro corps are Yellow GLs and powered by fear which is less deep or intrusive than the Red Lantern corps.

Sinestro's goons have seemed way more violent than any other Lantern Corp to me. Sure the RLs are violent and pissed off, but Sinestro and his people will murder whole planets for funsies.

I agree but you can adapt them to a cartoon easier than the RLs while keeping their mythos intact better.

Im sure there was a reason for introducing the Red Lanterns first....remember...these people do this s*** for a living, you work third shift at Target

Then again i am allowed to have a friendly debate with spoons.

I agree but you can adapt them to a cartoon easier than the RLs while keeping their mythos intact better.

Most definitely. The RLs were so 1-dimensional to begin with; any deviation will seem huge. Although Atrocitus is getting all deep in the RL comic. It's...weird.

Im sure there was a reason for introducing the Red Lanterns first....remember...these people do this s*** for a living, you work third shift at Target

you know who else made tv for a living? the people who made the Cavemen sitcom, the Ferris Bueler show, 2 and a Half Men.

just because somebody gets paid to do something doesn't mean they're good at it. they just know somebody who allowed them to do it, no matter how ****** it is.

^Also, many of these people doing it for a living have to also work third shift at target to make ends meet.

I also wish the Target in my town was open late enough to have a third shift.

Some corps can be a bit one dimensional but on the whole i think i like them all, well, Sinestro Corps is only cook with Sinestro or Mongul leading it but the idea of multiple corps is still great.

Really not look forward to seeing the word Nok more monthly.

Enjoyed the pilot, but it didn't turn up tonight. Did I miss when the regular time slot is supposed to be?

Not to some time in early 2012 once the dc nation block starts.

Ya its not to bad for all we know could be jan start or early feb. I just hope they don't reair the first two episode and make us wait like 3 weeks after block starts to see new episodes start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"