Green Lantern: The Animated Series

Discussion in 'Misc. TV Series' started by Anubis, Nov 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DCnightwing23

DCnightwing23 Well-Known Member

It actually airs regularly in 2012

2. BlackLantern

BlackLantern Well-Known Member

I feel the exact opposite....keep this show in space as much as possible....I want them to get into the cosmic side of the DCU

3. misjuevos

misjuevos WUUHAAAAAAAAA!

yes space is the best. remember the green lanterns are supposed to patrol their sectors, not just stay on 1 planet all the time. i say keep hal off earth as much as possible. this should be more like the green lantern corps than green lantern. i want to follow lots of different green lanterns to different parts of the galaxy.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2011
  4. Donut

Donut Well-Known Member

Indeed. Leave it to the movies to stay on Earth for their budgets

5. Marvin

Marvin Well-Known Member

The issue some fans might have with the "Hal" is that like in the movie it's all for nothing if he's not written to be Hal, especially when he's written to show the traits of a certain someone else.

I personally think Hal has a lot of potential, as I do other lanterns(one in particular). Same thing applies with the Flash mythos. Everyone is going to see it their way.

One thing that I'm looking forward to is a series that won't have to cater to film executives(mostly).

6. Webhead2006

Webhead2006 The Web-Swinger

ya i dont think the show will be on the schedule regularly to jan or feb when ever the dc nation block officially launchs.

7. Lord Blackbolt

Lord Blackbolt Well-Known Member

so since Hal is stuck in frontier space for about 9 months...maybe they can introduce guy gardner or john stewart as his replacement since he's not on earth for that time

8. Webhead2006

Webhead2006 The Web-Swinger

or they could already be lanterns too in the series. It looks like hal has been a gl for some time now. So whos to say other earth lanterns havent been selected too. As for the 9months thing watch the ship will probably be fixed in a few episodes and they get back to normal lantern space and the red lanterns follow them.

9. OsGom

OsGom Mind-Taker

I was pleasantly surprised by this show. I still hate the CGI but the story was good. Plenty of action and I was shocked to see quite a bit of death. I assume Sinestro has already gone rogue at this point in the series? Curious he wasn't mentioned at all.

Regarding DC Nation: About damn time WB took advantage of their relationship with DC and Cartoon Network. They should have launched something like this long ago. I can't say I am overly impressed with the look of the shorts they clipped but at least it's something.

10. Kahoot

Kahoot 3.14

Didn't they fix the ship at the end of the episode and head home?

11. HighFivingMF

HighFivingMF Welp.

The ship works, but it can't go warp speed. They can fly at the normal pace, the broken part is only necessary for warp speed.

12. Kahoot

Kahoot 3.14

I may have to re-watch the ending but I was almost sure that the ship had fixed itself. Seems an odd choice for the show to make Green Lantern: Voyager.

13. HighFivingMF

HighFivingMF Welp.

The ship takes 9 months to fix itself, journeying back takes 18. I assume they're having them far away from the universe to focus on the 5 central characters for this arc: Hal, Kilowog, Atrocitus, Zilius, and Razor without having to explain why Carol, Sinestro, the rest of the Corps and some other villains aren't showing up every episode.

14. WompuM

WompuM Esquire

My only beef at this point is that Atrocitus and the Red Lanterns, so far, seem to be carbon copies of the Sinestro Corps. What set apart the Red Lanterns in the comics was that they were turned savage by their undying rage. Their powers were an embodiment of their rage by them physically spewing out red hot rage energy. Once you are at that point of enragment that a red ring would chose you, there is no turning back. Here, they are (too) much like the Sinestro Corps, in both powers and motivations.

15. Kahoot

Kahoot 3.14

But won't they be back in Green Lantern space in no time, it was just going to take months to get back to Oa but that's a different story.

16. Anubis

Anubis Sup?

That's my main problem. Being mindless, acidic blood vomiting, monsters was their thing. Now they're just Lanterns with a different color scheme. :o

Last edited: Nov 14, 2011
  17. mjdiddy1

mjdiddy1 Well-Known Member

The show was alright but I'm not feeling this 'stuck on the edge of space' for 18 months. I want to see Hal engage with his rogue gallary. I want to see Sinestro Corps. I want to see the Black Hand. Now if they back and forth between Hal and Kilowag's adventures and maybe a new Lantern in Sector 2814 (Kyle, John or Guy or even Jade) that would be fine.

18. mjdiddy1

mjdiddy1 Well-Known Member

I agree but this CG doesn't seem like it would lend itself to that visually. I could be wrong.

19. Anubis

Anubis Sup?

I'd rather see Soranik Natu, Arisia, and effin' Mogo. :o

20. Anubis

Anubis Sup?

Even if it was drawn it wouldn't work. The Red Lanterns suck. :o

Shoulda went with just Atrocitus

21. HighFivingMF

HighFivingMF Welp.

This is the first storyline. Might last a season, might last less. They'll get to other stuff eventually. Just enjoy what you're getting for the time being. :up:

22. Anubis

Anubis Sup?

I'm gonna do it like I do everything. I"m gonna enjoy it, and complain about how much better it coulda been if they did what I say instead. :o

23. Lord

Lord All Mighty

When is the next episode going to air?

24. Anubis

Anubis Sup?

25. WompuM

WompuM Esquire

Even more than all of that, I want them to have Hal turn to Paralax and see the rise of Rayner.

And I hope to Buffy they can have Michael Sheen voice Mogo.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.