Would you want to see a Green Lantern Film?

My ideal GL film is based off of the Heart of Darkness. Its a story through John Stewerts perspective about him training Kyle Rayner in order to find the "dead" Hal Jordan. if anyone has read Heart of Darkness you'll know Kurtz is the main character but is mainly referenced to. My story would build anticipation for Hal Jordan (without flashbacks, just stories) so when he shows up there is this huge attraction and pressence to the character.
In the story it also explains that John Stewert and Guy Gardener do not understand why they cant reveal to the people of earth when just about everyone see's aliens flying around the world in the news all the time now. Thus establishing that Hal has been there before but he just couldnt reveal himself.
This movie does not lend itself easily to a sequal, but if there were to be a part two I would base it off of Godfather II and have it so it is more about Hal Jordan show him becoming a Lantern as well as continuing a side story with Stewert, Rayner, and Jordan

They'll more than likely use John Stewart if they choose to do this movie, as he is the one known to people(read: kids) that watched the JL show. You can ask random kiddies who the Green Lantern is and they'll say John Stewart. WB won't pass up the chance to snatch the kid demographic.

I would want to see a Green Lantern film, with Hal Jordan and Sinestro. And in a second GL film I'd like to see Hal as Parallax and Kyle as GL.

KingOfDreams said:
I would want to see a Green Lantern film, with Hal Jordan and Sinestro. And in a second GL film I'd like to see Hal as Parallax and Kyle as GL.
But how will he become Parallax? in the First film? what would be his motivation?
I say four films, with Kyle as the main character in the last.
That would be the end of one saga, and the beginning of the next.

terry78 said:
They'll more than likely use John Stewart if they choose to do this movie, as he is the one known to people(read: kids) that watched the JL show. You can ask random kiddies who the Green Lantern is and they'll say John Stewart. WB won't pass up the chance to snatch the kid demographic.

Don't count on it...

John's also the action figure that seems to just sit on store shelves, repeatedly getting discount sticker after discount sticker piled on top of one another... and it still doesn't sell.

I get the impression kids aren't that taken with him.

Besides, I think the 'Green Lantern' name and power is just as well-known as John Stewart (if not more).

^Honestly though, unless you're hardcore fan of the GL, they're all interchangable. There's not one definitive one like Superman or Batman(though that depends on the opinion of said fanboy).

YES!!!!! Ian Somerhalder as Hal Jordan, Shannyn Sossamon as Star Sapphire, and John Malkovich as Sinestro in A J.J. ABRAMS FILM. Produced by Charles Roven, and George Lucas.

And of course, J.J. writes almost everything he's involved with... so have him write it, too. The man is a genius!!!!!!!!

SpeedballLives said:
But how will he become Parallax? in the First film? what would be his motivation?
I say four films, with Kyle as the main character in the last.
That would be the end of one saga, and the beginning of the next.

That could work too. I didn't really think about how to fit in and explain Hal's tranformation into Parallax.

terry78 said:
^Honestly though, unless you're hardcore fan of the GL, they're all interchangable. There's not one definitive one like Superman or Batman(though that depends on the opinion of said fanboy).

I dunno...

To be completely honest, I've never been much of a comic fan until very recently... and, even then, I don't read much... but when I first saw 'Justice League', I immediately thought, "Where's that white guy with the brown hair and white bits?" I actually had to ask someone, who said, "Oh, yeah... John Stewart's another one that turned up in the '70s or something." I had no idea.

I was aware of Kyle, through a brief period of reading his initial run, but still knew of Hal as the "main" (or "classic") one, so to speak.

I reckon most people would view John, Guy and maybe even Kyle as more "side-kick" material than able to carry a film.

I would love to see a Green Lantern Film but not the Jack Black crap

TrailerCues said:
I would love to see a Green Lantern Film but not the Jack Black crap

Was there going to be a GL movie with Jack Black? I never heard about that.

YES! Just as long as it IS a sci fi epic....and NOT some silly disrespectful comedy with Jack Black or something like CINO.

Hal Jordan in the lead

Kyle Raynor as Hals new trainee to take over his sector.

Sinestro as the main villian

John Stewart, Carol Ferris, Ganthet and Kilawog in supporting roles

In the end Hal dies....but we see that he might still be alive....?
Alex Proyas would be my choice as director!

That rumor about Jack Black. Did anyone actually take that seriously? When I first heard that, I knew immediately it was a load.

John Stewart as GL. Perfect.

The other ones were boring.

I'd have Lee Thompson Young play the role.

Yes I would love to see a serious "Hal Jordan" Green Lantern movie. Put The Rocketeer and The Last Starfighter together and you've got a good start for a GL movie.

Bathead said:
That rumor about Jack Black. Did anyone actually take that seriously? When I first heard that, I knew immediately it was a load.

No one took it seriously til the Robert Smigel script review came out. I don't think anyone's really too scared at the moment, though. With how serious and artful DC's movies have been in recent history, it's hard to imagine them suddenly going down such a horrible route with GL.

i think i'd be interested in seeing a good Green Lantern film, but the keyword there is "good"... i'm afraid of Hollywood ruining it, to tell the truth...

also, i think it'd probably be better if they held off on this for now, anyway, as there seem to be so many superhero movies lately... wait a little while, and then use the Green Lantern early on the next time superhero movies are just starting to become popular again... that way, it doesn't feel so much like all they're trying to do is cash in on the current hype... know what i mean?

Hal. It definitely has to be Hal's story. It needs to be an origin.

But, I would really like John to be brought into the fold at some point. Maybe a sequel.

After Hal, John Stewart (as he's portrayed in the JLU cartoon) is my hands down second favourite GL

I saw on Greys Anatomy the reruns this past Thursday and noticed Chris Oddonel was interesting and weird I had my Green Lantern Rebirth Poster framed of Hal Jordan and noticed that his hairstyle looked the exact same as his. I believe he could play the role very well though this would be more serious and no wisecracks or relief comments like he did when he was Robin. I saw this trailer and wished it was real of Green Latnern.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrsoTudCZQU&NR At least we have a possible preview if they can ever get the movie from just being talked about but actually start the filming. I would hope that if Wonder Woman started filming soon then they would started taking steps to make the Green Lantern movie a reality. Heck it would be amazing if they actually started filming and got the teaser in right around when the Batman sequl comes out or the anticapted Wonder Woman if that ever gets off the ground.

I have been wanting a Green Lantern movie to be made for the longest time. I do like the idea of the Star Wars trilogy though well the two trilogys.

First Movie:
Hal's orgin (pretty much read Emerald Dawn and you have the movie.) with Hal, Abin Sur, A few of the other GL's, maybe like Tomar Ra, Kilowog, and Sinestro. Main villian Legion, Hal finds the yellow weakness in this movie.

Second Movie:
Emerald Dawn 2, Sinestro is training Hal. Hal thinks the way Sinestro handles his sector is unethical and Hal and Sinestro fight. The Guardians banish Sinestro to the Qwuard Universe, and tell Jordan he needs to find his replacement. GL's in this movie, Hal, Sinestro, Kilowog, Tomar Ra, The Guardians, John Stewart. Main villian Sinestro, and either Sonar, or the Tattoo man.

Third Movie:
Guy becomes GL, Hal leads the GL Corps. Love interest with Carol, Hal is on the road a lot and away from Coast City.
Hal plans on heading back to Coast City, when he gets there he sees Mongul's ships Hal fights Mongul the nuke goes off and destroys Coast City Mongul is defeated another GL takes care of the ship while another hero (wont say who) brings Mongul to the slab. Hal needs power kills most of the Corps, kills the Guardians, breaks Sinestro's neck, become Parallax.
At the end of the movie show Ganthert to still be alive and finds Kyle in the alley and offers him the ring the camera is focused on Ganthert's hand with the ring in it, screen goes black roll credits.

Second Trilogy.

First Movie:
The same sceen at the end of the third movie. Kyle takes the ring and Ganthert disappears. Kyle puts on the ring and becomes GL, having no idea what is happening but is very excited he heads off to wake his girlfriend Alex Dewitt up and shows her what has happened. GL's Kyle. Main villian Major Force. Force kills Alex by stuffing her in the fridge. Both Kyle and Major Force find out that yellow is no longer a weakness, or is the twenty four hour time limit.

Second Movie:
Kyle moves from LA (first movie) to New York City, learning how to use his ring more and more. While in a fight with Sonar Kyle gets help from Alan Scott. Alan introduces Kyle to John and Guy, Kyle also meets Jenny Haden and finds out that she is Alan's daughter.
Hal Jordan shows up and demands his ring back, Kyle doen's give it to him, Hal shows that he is Parallax, and Hal and Kyle fight. Hal wins but realizes that he is not GL anymore and gives the ring back to Kyle. Kyle gets called into space to fight a more deadly group the Black Circle. Cameos by Green Arrow, Aquaman, Hawkman. Main villian Parallax.

Third Movie:
Before Kyle fights the Black Circle he needs help so he turns to the Dark Lantern (Kilowog) and frees him from his undead curse. So Kilowog is alive again but not a GL. Kyle also gets help from some other former Lanterns (they werent killed). (Added twist show a flashback to when Hal relite the sun and saved everybody on earth and when he died the Black Circle took his body to try to get the Parallax energy.) So Kyle and the FGL have to fight the Black Circle with leader Amon Sur (Abin Sur's son) to disband the Black Cirlce and to get Hal's body back.
End of the movie show the opening scene of Green Lantern Rebirth, Kyle crashes in Nevada with Hal's body.

I actually would not go see a GL movie which starred Hal Jordan as the only Green Lantern, especially if he was a mary-sue character as he has been lately. I'd rent it most likely, or catch it on TV, but only if it was really good.

Here goes my idea:

Green Lantern
Hal Jordan selects a partner, John Stewart, and introduces him to the world of Green Lantern. John takes interest in young Katma Tui who's senior partner, Sinestro turns out to be Hal's biggest rival. Kilowog does some training, the Guardians do some pontificating and Hal and John track the Black Circle organization's trafficing of stolen Manhunter Units... not until the end do they realize that Sinestro is behind everything. Sinestro takes the Yellow Fear Ring from the Oan Armory and John takes on an army of Manhunters to save Katma while Hal takes on Sinestro to save the Universe.

Green Lantern 2
We get a flashback of Hal's origin, John is at full GL status and is sent, with Katma to do diplomacy on Xanshi. Sinestro's allies, the Qwardian Weaponers assault Oa, freeing Sinestro and preventing backup from arriving on Xanshi to help John keep it from exploding. The surviving Xanshi, led by Fatality blame Katma, who attack Korugar, Sinestro blames Hal, and in return wipes out Coast City. Hal blames the Guardians and returns to oa as Sinestro escapes and possesses him. John and the trainee lanterns face of against Fatality, all except John are killed, John is crippled, back broken and Hal is goes crazy trying to rebuild Coast City.

Green Lantern 3
John makes it back to Oa, the Guardians appoint him to carry the last rings and find champions, he immediately thinks of his Earth friends. He rallies the surviving lanterns, Kilowog, Salaak, Raker Quirigat and Mogo, heads to earth, recruits his friends, Kyle Rayner, his art intern, Guy Gardener, his bartender, and Alan Scott, the old guy who used to tell him stories of adventuring. Ganthet joins them as well. Together they face down Hal Jordan/Parallax, and eventually Hal comes around and helps them.

That's all I got.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"