Guardians of the Galaxy Guardians of the Galaxy: Countdown Thread

DAY 21
021.gif

I'm going to feel really sheepish if I'm posting all these Adam Warlock appearances only for Warlock to not make any appearance in the movie at all.

same universe same thanos (assuming of course) and high probability of a cross-over/teamup at some point down the line. Phase III is gonna be insane!!

They will not have a raccoon fight alongside Iron Man.

They won't and this movie won't do that good. This will be Marvel's first bust if they spend $200 million on it.

Yeah i think the movie will turn out good, but they really should try to keep the costs down as much as possible.
Spending $200 million on a property not even many comic fans have heard of would not be the wisest choice

They won't and this movie won't do that good. This will be Marvel's first bust if they spend $200 million on it.

I guarantee a scene with Rocket Raccoon and Iron Man exchanging barbs will appear in Avengers 2.

Thats from a cover right? Isnt that Moondragon?

Yknow the more I think about it, the more I kinda wish they had gone with Moondragon instead of Gamora. The already have a stone-cold killer in Drax. Moondragon is a great martial artist but she also has other unique abilities. Oh well.

The problem with Moondragon is that her backstory is super convoluted and involved, whereas the ones they chose, except maybe Star-Lord, are pretty straightforward. I'd guess all of them except for Star-Lord will be introduced rather matter-of-factly in this movie.

And Gamora is the biggest connection to Thanos

The problem with Moondragon is that her backstory is super convoluted and involved, whereas the ones they chose, except maybe Star-Lord, are pretty straightforward. I'd guess all of them except for Star-Lord will be introduced rather matter-of-factly in this movie.

And Gamora is the biggest connection to Thanos

Yeah. Moondragon is absurdly complicated.

I doubt it, but that's not why I put that there. These are the characters which we know for certain will be in the movie:

Star-Lord
Drax the Destroyer
Gamora
Groot
Rocket Raccoon
Thanos

I also think it's a fair guess that Adam Warlock will be in it, too, although that is just a guess. So I'm posting all their appearances in chronological order every day until the day the Guardians of the Galaxy movie is released (Well, assuming there're that many covers. If not I'll do something else to fill in the time once I run out of covers). So I didn't post that cover because it has Captain Marvel in it, but because that issue has Thanos and Drax in it.

Speaking of which...

DAY 25
025.gif

Both Thanos and Drax make an appearance in this as well.

DAY 27
027.gif

One panel appearances by both Adam Warlock and Thanos. I forget the specifics, but Dormammu's got some plot going where he's unleashing demons all over the universe, and so the issue has a page showing the reader how all these different parts of the world, and the universe, are being protected from those threats, and they're being fought off by the likes of the Inhumans (the Moon), Spider-Man, Luke Cage, and the Fantastic Four (New York), Man-Thing (some swamp somewhere), Dr. Doom (Latveria), Dracula (Transylvania), Adam Warlock (Counter-Earth), and Thanos (Titan).

Also, both Mantis and the Silver Surfer play bigger roles than that in the issue.

DAY 29
029.gif

We're starting to get close to the very first appearance of Star-Lord... in his original goofy, goofy costume. :p

Thanks so much for the covers!

No problem. Hopefully I won't run out of photobucket space before I post up all the covers. :p The annoying thing, though, is coming up with the chronology once I got to the 90's and every character started making multiple appearances. That's a bear to hash through, and I'm dreading working my way through that only to get to the 2,000's. I've got time, though. I have a little over two months before I get to issues published in 1990 and afterwards. I just hope there're enough covers to go all the way to the premiere date. It LOOKS like a lot when you copy and paste the list of appearances for each character from the Marvel Database but, like I said, a lot of those appearances are shared by characters, which makes the actual list much smaller.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"