Guess What?! They're rebooting THE MUMMY!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom Cruise being involved in the reboot makes my interest in the Universal Monsters cinematic universe go from a 1 to a 10. Dead serious. Cruise simply being attached brings a gravitas to this whole deal. They're not going to make a movie of Dracula Untold's caliber now. We can expect at least a decent film now which can officially launch this thing up. It also makes other high caliber actors more likely to join than before the announcement.

:up:

I'd really like them to go with a female mummy.

Maybe he could be Van Helsing and they could mesh the franchises together? I mean Cruise is 52 now isn't he? Or are you talking about like Clint Eastwood as an 80 year old Van Helsing?

I'm talking Peter Cushing type Van Helsing. Someone who's not supposed to look like a lead. The whole appeal to Van Helsing is his intellectualism through old age.

Maybe the role did not require running and riding on a motorcycle, so Cruise passed.

"This thing.....it isn't alive, it isn't dead....you shoot it, it just keeps coming.....but cats....it can't stand cats.....because it's a mummy."

The Tom Cruise rumor was almost immediately shot down as completely false so there is no white washing and no Tom Cruise involvement.

If they intend Van Helsing to lead his own film/potential franchise, I doubt they go with a Cushing type, but I would prefer they avoided casting too hunky/typical leading man.

I'm totally for Tom Cruise as Van Helsing. I think the key component from Stoker's novel people forget isn't the age, it's that he's gone a bit loopy from him years of working with obscure diseases and researching the supernatural.

So basically bring back Hopkins and have him **** up any vampire that gets near the inhabitants of London.

The female mummy....any casting suggestions?

It must be balls if she's saying no. Girl has already been in three major things this year alone ain't it?

To be fair to her I know why she's passed because The Mummy is shooting early spring next year and she's got a movie with Xavier Dolan at the same time. I was just maknig fun of her as you said she never passes anything up...ever.

This is the 2nd project with Cruise that she passed on. :shr:

The boy tryin' to get her into the Scientology mumbo jumbo.

To be fair to her I know why she's passed because The Mummy is shooting early spring next year and she's got a movie with Xavier Dolan at the same time. I was just maknig fun of her as you said she never passes anything up...ever.
Oh I didn't even think about scheduling conflicts. Lol

Nah, we should get Ridley Scott or Alex Proyas to direct it and keep the cast whitewashed. :o

Nah, we should get Ridley Scott or Alex Proyas to direct it and keep the cast whitewashed. :o

But of course, how silly of me. Now, the question is, which undoubted soon to be fan cast white person do we support? Gemma Arterton or Jensen Ackles in a wig?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"