Mark Millar/Dave Gibbon's THE SECRET SERVICE - Directed By Matthew Vaughn

Glad to hear the great reviews, guys! Question, I haven't read the comic yet and was thinking about buying it this week to prep for the film. Would you guys recommend reading the book or watching the movie clean? Is the movie a faithful adaptation of the book?

I've never read the book but I've heard that the film is a loose adaptation, with Colin Firths character being a different character and the spy agency being the Kingsman rather then MI6

Glad to hear the great reviews, guys! Question, I haven't read the comic yet and was thinking about buying it this week to prep for the film. Would you guys recommend reading the book or watching the movie clean? Is the movie a faithful adaptation of the book?

The comic's a good read and has differences with the film. I actually talk about reading it here and have made some comparisons:

Film Review-Kingsmen: The Secret Service

It's no different than to how the first Kick-Ass movie had similarities and differences with its comic book counterpart. Some characters are substituted for others in the movie too.

Saw Kingsman get a mention on a show called 'The Last Leg' a week back. Some pretty interesting tidbits about the disabled hench-woman, Giselle. I find it's a pretty funny show too.

[YT]0e1W0GUa2-o[/YT]

I just saw the film myself today also. I have to admit that seeing a couple of the very early trailers for the film I wasn't all that fussed about the film and was pretty much just going to see it because there wasn't much else out and I was being treated to the cinema. I'm glad I did as the film was just great. Pretty much everything about it just seemed to gel together. Great use of soundtrack, great action and humour and an awesome cast.

/praise :cwink:

Saw it as well. It came out a week early in Australia. Did not read the comic by the way. Could not recommend it highly enough! It's R-rated so not everyone will get to see it. Good enough for a Blu-Ray buy! Absolute Blast!

Everyone is raving about this Church scene.

It is pretty good. Firth handles himself amazingly in the movie. The Church scene is a lot of fun. Another part of the film that has some nice use of soundtrack.

I had fun and I loved the soundtrack. The score maybe wasn't quite as good but the choice of music was flawless.

Loved taron edgerton. He's going to be a star and he's pretty cute too.

I get the direction they were going with when they cast firth but I'm not sure if I completely bought him as an action star. Maybe Fassbender would have done better?

Loved samuel l jackson and gazelle. I love when people do more with SLJ than just say "be slj".

Would you watch a sequel? I reckon I would.

The movie was ****ing awesome. Very wild and silly. Similar vein to the action in Kickass, with a James Bond twist. I could see Matthew Vaughn directing a Deadpool movie after watching this. The movie didn't take itself too seriously, and had over the top action which is perfect for Deadpool.

I thought Firth handled himself brilliantly. It may seem like an odd choice, but I think that makes it better that he pulled it off.

I'd watch a sequel, but I have trouble picturing where they could go with a sequel.

I thought Firth handled himself brilliantly. It may seem like an odd choice, but I think that makes it better that he pulled it off.

I'd watch a sequel, but I have trouble picturing where they could go with a sequel.

Really? I think the sequel potential is endless. Just look at the likes of James Bond and fast and furious.

All they need is another ridiculous worldwide/domestic threat.

If it does well at the box office, I guarantee they'll think of something. :word:

It's not so much about what story line they could come up with. For me it's more to do with the film having a very definitive story arc. They accomplished what they set out to do and there were no real loose ends. Any sequel is largely just going to be for the sake of it.

I would actually be intrigued by the idea of resetting up the knightsmen so that they're not all just old white snobby guys. I mean...

..they all died during the movie didn't they besides marlin, Roxy and eggsy?

I'm not sure. If they did it would have been during the sequence where Merlin sets off the implants (another fun use of soundtrack I thought). I couldn't tell you outside of the obvious ones who died in that sequence.

Though even if they didn't I expect there would still be a fair bit of restructuring for the Kingsman since Egsy killed Arthur (which I expect that Egsy was referring to Merlin when telling his mum about his friend just taking over a tailors shop).

So excited about seeing this. Glad to hear it's getting a great reception.

I would actually be intrigued by the idea of resetting up the knightsmen so that they're not all just old white snobby guys. I mean...

..they all died during the movie didn't they besides marlin, Roxy and eggsy?

Ooh yes, I likey. If Idris Elba isn't going to be James Bond, he would make an awesome Kingsman. :word:

So there are no black Kingsmen?

:o

I would assume there would have to be kingsman from all over the world. Actually what would the japanese kingsman be called? Shogunate?

Anyway, so there's your sequel(s)

Just came back from seeing this film; Colin Firth is now a badass in my eyes. Someone loudly exclaimed, "Jesus Christ!" after the church scene ended.

WHAT a movie this is, such, such fun and so demented yet so brilliant and hilarious. Vaughn is just a great director, and he has made some amazing films but this may just be his best yet. And this is coming from someone who adores KA and FC and really wasnt interested in this when it was announced. All of the cast are amazing, the action is just sublime, amazing stuff, and the use of music is probably the best since GOTG. Really good movie and such a FUN time at the cinema.

9/10 I eagerly anticipate Vaughns next movie.

kingsman was overall...just ok. firth was good tho.

I would assume there would have to be kingsman from all over the world. Actually what would the japanese kingsman be called? Shogunate?

Anyway, so there's your sequel(s)

"Emperor's Men" maybe? And the American ones would be the "President's Men." Vaughn did say that:
He was open to doing a sequel and that he was thinking about bringing in some American Kingsman to interact with their British counterparts. Also, he was "exploring ways" to maybe bring Colin Firth back.

Eggsy is black enough for everybody.

Very rarely does a movie totally hook from the opening credits, Kingsman certainly did as soon as it started.

It was good but I think I liked Kick-ass more. Vaughn is a great director though with a keen sense for visceral action. The ending was a bit over the top for me. Basically almost every head of government is destroyed (no pun intended). Millions of people have been murdered. Families have killed each other. And we don't get any sense of the repercussions of that.

The ending was a bit over the top for me. Basically almost every head of government is destroyed (no pun intended). Millions of people have been murdered. Families have killed each other. And we don't get any sense of the repercussions of that.

Always something for the sequel? :b

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"