Guillermo del Toro's "The Shape of Water"

tumblr_p1tdudMq421txtch1o1_1280.png

I think Del Toro will get Best Director, and Sally Hawkins might get Best Actress

id be really surprised if the film won for Best Picture

The movie is good for me. I need to rewatch it to make a clear statement.

But man, Sally Hawkins and Michael Stuhlbarg was incredible. I won't talk about Sally since her performance is praised everywhere but wtf is happening with Stuhlbarg ? Richard Jenkins is very good, Michael Shannon's performance is average, a bit cliché for me but Stuhlbarg was clearly the MVP along with Sally Hawkins.

I was not happy but understand the reason why he isnt nominated for CMBYN (his last monologue is ****ing amazing but his screentime was so limited) but man how the hell do people not talk about him in The Shape of Water ? I mean it's just so so good.

If he got award buzz for his TSOW's performance, I think he would be a serious contender.

I think Del Toro will get Best Director, and Sally Hawkins might get Best Actress

id be really surprised if the film won for Best Picture

Given that France s McDorman has won every precursor award, from voting bodies mostly made up of people who are also academy members, there is basically 0% chance that anyone else wins for Best actress.

Given that France s McDorman has won every precursor award, from voting bodies mostly made up of people who are also academy members, there is basically 0% chance that anyone else wins for Best actress.

It does happen, though. Michael Keaton racked up almost every precursor Best Actor award for Birdman, but then Eddie Redmayne came in and won the Oscar at the very end for The Theory of Everything.

It does happen, though. Michael Keaton racked up almost every precursor Best Actor award for Birdman, but then Eddie Redmayne came in and won the Oscar at the very end for The Theory of Everything.

No it does not. Eddie Redmayne won SAG, Globe, BAFTA prior to Oscar. While Sally Hawkins won **** all.

And yet Redmayne didn't win Critics Choice Award for Best Actor, which Keaton did. Not to mention that they both won a Golden Globe for their performances.

So again, yes it does.

And yet Redmayne didn't win Critics Choice Award for Best Actor, which Keaton did. Not to mention that they both won a Golden Globe for their performances.

So again, yes it does.

The critics and the golden gloves are really relavent. Their voting bodies aren't also academy members. Look at the SAG and the Bafta. Redmaynr won there. McFormand has her award locked.

The situation is completely different. Amongg the 4 most imporrtant precursors, Eddie won 3 while Keaton won 2. Globe aside, the Critics Choice is far much less important than SAG and BAFTA. It's clear that Eddie Redmayne was the frontrunner that year.

While this year. Frances Mcdormand has the most critics wins, won all 4 major precursors. She's a lock. I also want Sally Hawkins to win but that's almost impossible.

Just saw this film earlier today, and I loved it! The story, characters, cinematography, production design, music, and performances, especially Sally Hawkins were wonderful!

9/10

BEST PICTURE
BEST DIRECTOR
BEST SCORE
BEST PRODUCTION DESIGN

oscars-best-picture-shape-of-water.jpg

I don't think it should have won for score but damn is it great to see a movie this good actually win best picture.

Very well deserved. Shame about Sally Hawkins though.

How hilarious, I'm the one who created this thread and I still haven't seen the damn movie. :cmad: Just two more days.
Nevertheless, I'm very happy for Del Toro. Not sure if he deserved to win for this one but hey, it's good to see him get some recognition.

Congratulations to Guillermo Del Toro and company on a well deserved win. This was my favorite film of last year, and I am so happy it won :up:

I also wish Sally Hawkins won, as well. But, Frances McDormand did give a great performance as well.

I think it deserved Original Score as well. Honestly after seeing the film, I kept hearing that music in my head for weeks.

I think it deserved Original Score as well. Honestly after seeing the film, I kept hearing that music in my head for weeks.

The whole score is based on 1 opening song. I agree that the opening song is absolutely incredible, touching and beautiful, but the rest of the score is ****ing forgettable, tbh. The score is ****ing autopilot. Dunkirk. Phantom Thread or Blade Runner 2049 should've won.

And this is coming from a guy who think that Desplat's score for Budapest Hotel was perfect, one of the best of all time and much better than Interstellar (unpopular opinion, I suppose).

The whole score is based on 1 opening song. I agree that the opening song is absolutely incredible, touching and beautiful, but the rest of the score is ****ing forgettable, tbh. The score is ****ing autopilot. Dunkirk. Phantom Thread or Blade Runner 2049 should've won.

And this is coming from a guy who think that Desplat's score for Budapest Hotel was perfect, one of the best of all time and much better than Interstellar (unpopular opinion, I suppose).

I liked both of those scores equally.

Ignoring BR2049 since it wasn't nominated, even if the score mainly is made up of 1 song, that song trumps the other scores, and it's the main score used for 90% of the movie. So, I think it was earned.

I liked both of those scores equally.

Ignoring BR2049 since it wasn't nominated, even if the score mainly is made up of 1 song, that song trumps the other scores, and it's the main score used for 90% of the movie. So, I think it was earned.

Yes, that song is incredible, better than any other songs from any other scores.

But this is the "Best Score", not "Best Song from Scores" so I have to say I was pretty disappointed with the result.

How hilarious, I'm the one who created this thread and I still haven't seen the damn movie. :cmad: Just two more days.
Nevertheless, I'm very happy for Del Toro. Not sure if he deserved to win for this one but hey, it's good to see him get some recognition.
I haven't seen it either.
Hopefully Sunday.
Also going to squeeze in Black Panther this weekend.

I'm very happy for Del Toro. Not sure if he deserved to win for this one but hey, it's good to see him get some recognition.

Well it'a great movie, but I still think it doesn't beat Fawn's Labyrinth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"