Guy Pearce is Aldrich Killian

Discussion in 'Iron Man 3' started by HighFivingMF, Apr 20, 2012.

1. BigThor

BigThor God of Thunder

Okay cool, so does IM and Killian use alot of super strength powered attacks during their fight?

2. Spuzz

Spuzz The Spuzziest of Spuzzes

Oh yes. :BA

3. BigThor

BigThor God of Thunder

Awesome I just sent you a private message.

4. Saitou Hajime

Saitou Hajime Well-Known Member

Most of the suits in the film seemed like incomplete prototypes as opposed to field-ready production models like Mks III-VII, so I wasn't impressed much by the Extremis soldiers' performance against them.

5. AnneFan

AnneFan Hathaway #1

^ Yeah. Which tied into Tony's tinkering, depressed personality following the New York alien invasion - and also gave the film added drama when the time for action came. The suits falling apart became something of a running gag. There's parts when the suits aren't completely at full power and has to wait for other parts to arrive in the air - ala fighting off the guards with the jet boots and repulsor gloves only.

6. TyrionLannister

TyrionLannister Well-Known Member

Question regards to Aldrich Killian in the film... *Spoilers*

So I really loved the movie. My favorite of the three. But there's one thing thats nagging me. What exactly was Killian's goal or objective. Was it to fix Extremis' failings and make it safe to sell? So just money? Was it to for lack of a better phrase "control the world" (by having the president in one hand and the worlds most feared terrorist in the other). Or something else? What was his main aim? (no pun intended :funny:)

Last edited: Apr 30, 2013
  7. Sharkboy

Sharkboy Tell em Steve-Dave

It was a more practical and natural way of controlling the modern world (which are two adjectives that float around a lot with this version of the mandarin) he basically wanted to control both sides of a new war of terror by having the US president in one pocket and a fake terrorist in the other and therefore create a world economy in which extremis could thrive and make him quite possibly the richest person in the world.

so yeah...money :funny

I do like how it all goes back to weapons dealing, that's the demon that constantly chases Stark around, he was born into a world of weapons manufacturing and dealing and to finally face someone who's become a much more inflated version of himself, or something that he could have ended up as if he didn't get stuck in the cave. Pretty much an expanded version of Obadiah.

8. TyrionLannister

TyrionLannister Well-Known Member

Ah I see. So it was kind of a combination of both things i said. Thanks :yay:

9. kedrell

kedrell Fork&SpoonOperator

I'd agree. In fact Bridges's Stane is my favorite comic book supervillain in film to date for any movie. There's just so many different little levels to the character in that movie. It was brilliant, IMO. After him(for me) come Loki, Red Skull, Cox's Stryker in X2, and so on.

10. BigThor

BigThor God of Thunder

Alfred Molina's Doc Ock was great as well and I've never seen Red Skull listed as one of the greats.

11. kedrell

I never got the Ock love thing. He was Ock in name only pretty much. Basically he was Ock if he had the Lizard's motivations and such. All in all it was ok and came out at a time when there wasn't much competition so I guess I just answered my own question. But looking back now? I still don't see why the love persists. Red Skull however was largely right off the page by comparison.

12. The Joker

The Joker The Clown Prince of Crime

Lizard was never motivated to build a fusion reactor that could destroy NY, and his wife never died when he turned into a villain either. It was the great performance of Molina combined with the great action scenes Ock and Spidey has, and the parallel of the Peter/Octavius story that I think holds Doc Ock in people's hearts.

Sorry I don't want to take Killian's thread off topic with Doc Ock discussions lol.

Last edited: May 1, 2013
  13. kedrell

Ock's wife, Lizard's family, not much difference there. And I was talking about the way in which he was a villain(arms told him to do it like the reptilian dna making Lizard be evil) and thus being a sympathetic villain(definitely not comic book Ock) rather than a specific plot he had. I mean they basically had to make Lizard in TASM less like himself in the comics so he wouldn't come off as a rip off/retread of Molina's Ock. I think that's why the family angle was dropped in TASM.

14. echostation

echostation Well-Known Member

Way to go marvel... enjoyable film first off, but reals? realz? First don't tell the American scrawny Captain to work out and get big and now the Mandarin legendary character know to all fans gets treatment with lesser of more.

Mind if you please that Bane in TDKR Rouses, if he faked his baddieness. If he come with foul intention of being in there but then it showed no... HE NOT baddy, he's bodybuilder just there to show illusion. All would praise Nolan for creativity. Here Shane Dark get blast... why?

Last edited: May 1, 2013
  15. Hawkingbird

Hawkingbird I want to be Kate Bishop

I don't understand why everyone wants spoilers :')

16. bullets

bullets bang bang

Now that you mention it , that does make sense. Molina still gave a great performance and Spider-Man 2 was memorable.

17. JerseyJoker

JerseyJoker Well-Known Member

I thought Pearce really enjoyed being in this type of film more so than Rourke did in IM2. He knew what type of movie it was and really relished in his villain role.

18. The Caped Knight

The Caped Knight Shield Avenger

19. TheDarkKnight08

Is anyone else disappointed Killian
    died
    ? Honestly, he was much more of a badass
    Mandarin
    than what I thought we were gonna get.

20. jaqua99

jaqua99 ....I need a horse!

we don't know if he is dead

21. BatmanBeyond

BatmanBeyond Shadow On The Run

Pearce being the villain is one of the main reasons the twist worked for me. He's a great actor.

22. Mr.M

Mr.M Well-Known Member

Masters of Evil. Mandarin, Zemo, Enchantress, Abomination. I think you have to get some big names in the role though. Pearce and Tim Roth are a start. Who could play Zemo and rival Hugo Weaving?

23. TheDarkKnight08

I certainly hope not.

24. JerseyJoker

JerseyJoker Well-Known Member

its like saying that Red Skull died at the end of Cap.

There is no evidence for or against either assumption.

25. jaqua99

jaqua99 ....I need a horse!

if we do get masters of evil, we won't get enchantress in this movie.