Iron Man 3 Guy Pearce is Aldrich Killian

HighFivingMF

Welp.
Reaction score
Guy Pearce is in final talks to join Marvel Studios and Disney's "Iron Man 3" as the geneticist Aldrich Killian.
Shane Black is helming the film, that brings back Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark and Iron Man, along with Gwyneth Paltrow, Don Cheadle and Scarlett Johansson also set to return to the franchise. Ben Kingsley is set to play the villain.

Plot will borrow elements from Warren Ellis' six-issue "Iron Man: Extremis" comicbooks, that also heavily influenced the first "Iron Man" pic, and focuses heavily on the spread of a virus through nanotechnology.

In the books, Killian co-created the Extremis technology that Iron Man adopts after Killian sells it to terrorists.

Production on the film begins in May, with lensing to take place around North Carolina.

Disney has skedded "Iron Man 3" for May 3, 2013.

The first "Iron Man" earned $585 million worldwide, while the sequel generated $624 million around the globe.

Pearce most recently headlined the actioner "Lockout," distribbed by Open Road, and will next be seen in Ridley Scott's "Prometheus," out June 8. He also co-stars alongside Shia LaBeouf in the Weinstein Co's "Lawless," that will premiere at the Cannes Film Festival.

Pearce is repped by CAA and Independent Talent Group.

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118052904

I have no idea who Killian is, but Pearce is great.

Was Killian the guy who used the Extremis on himself?

And Guy Pearce and Ben Kingsley? Written and directed by Shane Black?

That guy was referred to as Mallen.

This is what I got from Wikipedia.

Days later at Futurepharm Corporation offices in Austin, Texas, Dr. Aldrich Killian commits suicide at his computer, his note informing coworker Maya Hansen that he has stolen and "loosed" the company's immeasurably dangerous Extremis serum for some compelling but undisclosed purpose. Hansen phones Tony Stark, who is an old flame, and who speeds off to his private airport after taking the call on helmet-speaker flying high above New York State in his Iron Man suit.

I have to admit, my first thought was Ghost or Spymater. Then I saw he was playing Killian...

Killian might be replacing Mallen maybe?

I could see that. I'd be okay with it. As long as it is executed well..to me it doesn't sound all that original "Creator of an experiment tries it on himself, (Probably)goes crazy and evil, and IM saves day"

but, like I said, if it's executed well, it could turn out to be awesome.

Maybe Kingsley finds a way to control killian and pits him against iron man? who knows. Guy Pearce in the film as that particular character is interesting to say the least.

Killian was only a minor character in the Extremis story arc. I'm sure they're changing Ellis' story considerably, and Pearce will expand Killian's role.

Plus, I'd be willing to bet the "terrorists" that Killian sells the technology to aren't homegrown militia like in the original story, but will instead be The Ten Rings, and that's where we'll see Kingsley as Mandarin.

It's funny because I have NEVER heard of the director of Shane Black; but when I found out he did the movie Kiss Kiss Bang Bang.... and now has Robert Downey Jr., Ben Kingsley, and Guy Pearce ALL in the same film?

My enthusiasm for this film grew at an instant within the last 12 seconds. :hrt:

He's the guy who wrote the Lethal Weapon series and ghost writ Predator, amongst other things. He truly is the Godfather of the action genre.

He also acted in Predator playing Hawkins. Black co-wrote The Monster Squad and also did the scripts for Last Action Hero, The Long Kiss Goodnight.

Black was one of the highest paid Screenwriters in Hollywood in the 90s

Last edited:
The cast they are putting together for IM3 is very impressive, all three Iron Man films have had outstanding casts, lets hope Mr. Black can bring some of his talent and take over this franchise, while I loved Favreau as director, he lost alittle of what made Iron man so good in Iron Man 2, granted now I loved both films, but IM2 was no received well by fans, fans wanted the same storytelling from the first film but more action, they got more action but less compelling story, hard to find a balance between the two, it can and has been done, just hard to do.
Adding Guy Pearce is huge as is Kingsley, frankly I can not wait, I suspect the extremis story arc maybe a result of the super soldier program, someone wanting to replicate it, just specutalion of course.

He's the guy who wrote the Lethal Weapon series and ghost writ Predator, amongst other things. He truly is the Godfather of the action genre.

Lord, help me!! I loved Black the moment he was announced solely because I knew his work on Lethal Weapon and KKBB... but he ghost wrote Predator?! One of my top action movies of all-time???

Yeah, I'm now in love. Massive, swoony in love!

And I *adore* Guy Pearce. Ever since L.A. Confidential. Now, I think I'll go rewatch Memento and patiently await Prometheus :cwink:

Yea, the extent of his involvement with the Predator script isn't certain, but he definitely did have involvement with it, was never credited though.

And yup, Guy Pearce rocks :D

This is interesting. I can't help but think that the villain/s will get the same sort of treatment as IM2 where it's possibly a bit of a mash up. I think there's enough known about the film to make reasonable guess that Extremis may be heavily adapted. What I'm thinking is that perhaps Killian and/or Kingsley's character could be mashed up with people like Ghost or Spymaster and be Extremis infected villains at the same time.

Though I still hope Kingsley at least is the Mandarin.

I think Killian in this will be meshed with Mallen. He'll experiment on himself.

We finally get around to possibly adapting "Extermis"

The "Extremis" arc has heavily influenced the Iron Man movie series in style with the armor.

In about 8 years I expect someone to use the "Ultimates" Iron Man as reference for a reboot.

I think Killian in this will be meshed with Mallen. He'll experiment on himself.

Yeah, that's another possibility. Though I'm still not keen on the Mallen character. Hopefully if he is in the film he's a better villain.

We finally get around to possibly adapting "Extermis"

The "Extremis" arc has heavily influenced the Iron Man movie series in style with the armor.

In about 8 years I expect someone to use the "Ultimates" Iron Man as reference for a reboot.

I'd prefer it to be a bit later, like when I'm long dead. :oldrazz:

Wowza! Just last year I saw an interview where he said he couldn't see him self in a comic book movie....thank God he finally saw the light ;)

This movie is shaping up spectacularly.

He's the guy who wrote the Lethal Weapon series

He only wrote the screenplay for the first Lethal weapon, and co-wrote the story outline for the second one iirc.

and ghost writ Predator, amongst other things. He truly is the Godfather of the action genre.

didn't know that.

I haven't read that Extremis series, but I was watching the history of Iron-Man comics feature on the dvd extras just a couple of nights ago, for the first time in ages, and they spend a large chunk of the doc talking about that limited series.

Casting for this just gets better and better.

Quality casting but I hoped he'd be playing The Ghost.

Wow, I never thought I would see the day when Guy Pearce takes on a comic book role. My, how times have changed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"