Halo Halo 5: Guardians

They have said they learned a lot about the infrastructure of the system making Halo 5, and are not ruling out splitscreen in the future. This happens every time. No matter who is making the game, the use of the console gets better over time.
i have no reason to believe they couldn't have added in splitscreen in the first place. i don't care what they said about the infrastructure;343i of all devs should know the xbone's prowess best, and other studios like I said have pulled off 1080p/60fps with splitscreen. this is phil spencer's reason for halo 5 not having it:
We see the robustness of what Xbox Live is today and where people are playing across Xbox Live--you at your house, me at our house. We know that's the vast majority of the co-op play. With Halo 5, the team really wanted to focus on making that experience great, both visually on the screen that you're looking at, and all the systems in place.
and that's clearly bs seeing as how there was so much backlash of the game not having it.

What else did you get with it?
Tomb Raider and Fallout. I used the deal from Target, but actually got the games from Best Buy who price matched and used my gamer club unlocked. So I got all three for $100.

Tomb Raider and Fallout. I used the deal from Target, but actually got the games from Best Buy who price matched and used my gamer club unlocked. So I got all three for $100.

That is some quality gaming time you have ahead of you, and a great price! :up:

halo was the best selling software in october, despite being released at the end of the month.

franchise is as strong as ever.

Cool. I'd like to know what the reception to it is among fans compared to other recent Halo titles.

I'm going to bump this and say I enjoyed Halo 5, even though it appears many found it lack luster. I thought the extra movement controls were a natural evolution and warzone makes for fun games, though I admit it can become one sided pretty quickly if you have a crummy team.

I ****ing suck at Warzone.

So did they ever release any of those free MP maps? I haven't touched this game in months.

Will have to go back to this at some point.

Finally getting around to buying this today. As a hardcore Halo fan it's shameful that it's taken me this long but I just haven't had a lot of time OR money.

I'm a big campaign person so I hope that part is good. I'm probably in the minority of people that care about the campaign and story more than multiplayer or other features. I'm not much of a multiplayer person at all actually, which is why, sadly, I don't get a lot of bang for my buck when it comes to first person shooter games.

Would be interested to know your thoughts as a hardcore fan. Campaigns are a big deal to me too.

JX7Jjol0rwbuCxLEj75q5jRihgZHShyO_ymPC1plbNmgtoxBaKxFhkQLLFQ6MxqN9m6lfOp0yrXFdjzfxu-gLiOzERKSXyMiIc7TE9s=s0-d-e1-ft

_FIaZWmY5xe6eXZ4XnsNSERB9UAlzMZ1Wgh-emiYu96l7ltcffi8xfoQMHpAAkXvsuFE_KzjtgTGzZuGtnt54FHHbZ8De5GApNwJVIo=s0-d-e1-ft

daRRq7OXAYvLp0JlJcXr0uFh5UqL-9qMcKCl5H5vGlX01ymMm5rAG6Yo_A-8VqS8F7NVMrgRjBOHRy3-vwA-u-3TYNrP9C1qAYGQ1qU=s0-d-e1-ft

CLICK HERE to sign up to be notified as soon as this crate is available for purchase.

For all you halo fans out there.

just finished the campaign, really enjoyed it, I like how 4 and now 5 have carried the story forward while introducing a bunch of new and old characters

Captain Lasky is a great character, definitely different from Commander Keyes and Miranda in that authority role

hqdefault.jpg

[YT]-XCMtAzbUWk[/YT]

644 views 5 hours ago

EP Daily Rundown for August 8, 2016

Happy Monday! Today in the Rundown, we dissect the opening weekend of Suicide Squad, have the latest on Pokémon Go, get excited about No Man's Sky, have early details on a new Hitman game, take a look at the next big update for Rocket
find out what’s next from Game of Thrones creator George R. R. Martin, and finally, get an update on the long-awaited Halo TV series!
It looks like Suicide Squad is a big hit… or is it? The villainous new DC movie opened in theatres on Friday, and despite the fact that it was universally panned by critics (including me), it earned an impressive $135 million over the weekend. That’s enough money to make it the biggest August opening in history, beating the previous record holder, Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy, but DC fans might not want to start celebrating just yet. If you look more closely at the numbers, Suicide Squad saw a massive 41% drop in ticket sales from Friday to Saturday. For comparison, Guardians of the Galaxy saw only an 18% decline during its first two days, and 41% is virtually unheard of. In fact, a drop-off like this is so rare that the only other time it’s happened this year was with DC’s last big movie, Batman v Superman, which saw a 37% decline. That film, despite its huge opening day, failed to meet box office expectations in the long run, and the early numbers for Suicide Squad seem to indicate that it’s on the same track. So why did the movie get such a huge drop? It could be the fact that everyone was anxious to see it on opening night, although given how steep the decline was, it’s more likely the result of negative word of mouth. When a movie is bad, people often tell their friends not to see it, and this is even more pronounced in the age of social media. To make a long story short: Suicide Squad is making a lot of money, but it would probably make a lot more if it was actually good. Watch my review of the film if you want to know more about what’s wrong with it. We’re huge DC fans so we’ve got our fingers crossed that they’ll learn from their mistakes and get their **** together in time for upcoming projects like Wonder Woman and Justice League. Those arrive next year.

And when it comes to making money, comic book heroes and villains got nothing on Pokémon Go. The hit augmented reality game began rolling out just over a month ago, and it’s broken another record. According to the mobile analytics firm Sensor Tower, Pokémon Go earned $200 million in global net revenue in its first 30 days, giving it the most successful first month in mobile gaming history. The previous record holder, Clash Royale, made $125 million in its first 30 days when it launched earlier this year. Given that Pokémon Go is free-to-download, all of its revenue is of course earned through in-game microtransactions. Developer Niantic Labs recently revealed that they hope to introduce more in-game sponsorships, which will mean less of an emphasis on microtransactions moving forward.

PC gamers won’t have to wait much longer to start exploring the galaxy in No Man’s Sky. Developer Hello Games has announced that the PC version of the new space adventure will be released this Friday, August 12, just a few days after the release of the console version, which lands on the PS4 tomorrow. This is the first official confirmation of the game’s PC launch date, and the developers say they need the extra few days to make sure it will be the best version it can be. Like most of you, we can’t wait to jump into No Man’s Sky, so watch for our review right here on our channel in the coming days. As for other platforms, Hello Games has hinted that the game could be released on the Xbox One at some point in the future, although no official announcements have been made. We’ll let you know if that changes.
Agent 47 isn’t going to stop the killing anytime soon. With the episodic new Hitman game currently in the middle of its global roll out, developer IO Interactive is already planning future Hitman titles. Writing to fans on Twitter, they revealed that they look at the new game and its seven episodes as just the first season of an on-going series, and they hope to follow it up with at least two more seasons. This is similar to what other developers are already doing with their own episodic games, and given the success of the episodic model, we could be seeing more and more AAA franchises do the same thing in the future. Before we get ahead of ourselves, IO Interactive points out that they’ve yet to be given an official greenlight for more seasons of Hitman. Publisher Square Enix is likely waiting to gauge the success of the current season before moving ahead with more. The fourth episode will hit consoles and the PC next week.

Rocket League is getting ready to rumble with some cool new content. During the Rocket League Championship Series, developer Psyonix announced Rumble, and all-new free mode for the car/soccer game. It promises to make everything even more over-the-top by giving players the ability to use 11 crazy new power-ups. They include a grappling hook to tug on your balls, spikes to poke them, a giant boot to kick them, and a freezer, which turns them blue. Sounds like a fun Friday night. All of the power-ups can be randomized so you’ll never know which ones you’ll get, and you’ll also be able to customize them before you start your playlist. Rocket League Rumble will be available next month.

Game of Thrones creator George R.R. Martin is continuing his quest to conquer television with a massive new project. Martin’s popular science-fiction/superhero book series Wild Cards is heading to television. The rights to the books have been picked up by Universal Cable Productions, and they plan to turn them into not one, but several different interconnecting TV shows that will take place in the same world and revolve around the same characters. This makes sense given the scale of the books; Wild Cards is an anthology series created by Martin, but with several other authors contributing stories set within the same universe. They take place in an alternate-history version of the US, where a strange alien virus has given a handful of people superhero-like powers. Martin says they haven’t decided what stories will be featured in the TV adaptations, but he adds that the first series has already begun development, so expect more details soon. The show is being produced by Martin’s frequent collaborator Melinda Snodgrass, who wrote and edited many of the Wild Cards books. She also has a history in television, serving as a script supervisor on Star Trek: The Next Generation and writing that show’s best episode, Measure of a Man. Back in the Seven Kingdoms, Martin is currently working on the next Game of Thrones book The Winds of Winter, coming early next year. HBO has confirmed that the show will end with Season Eight, which is slated to air in 2018.

And Master Chief is still planning to invade the airwaves with a new TV show of his own. The long-awaited live-action Halo TV series is still in the works. That’s according to Xbox head Phil Spencer, who tells fans on Twitter that, despite rumours, the project hasn’t been cancelled and is still very much alive. He didn’t say how far along it is or when we might get to see it, but this should come as a relief to fans. The TV show was first announced back in 2013 with none other than Steven Spielberg on board as a producer, and if it ever gets released, it will be the first Halo adaptation made for television. There have been two online-only adaptations, 2012’s Forward Unto Dawn and 2014’s Nightfall, the latter of the two being produced by legendary filmmaker Ridley Scott. Expect the Spielberg-produced show to be even bigger, if it really does ever see the light of day.

source:
EPN.tv

[YT]oyUuK-E9SXw[/YT]

5 hours ago
EP Daily Rundown for August 25, 2016

In a special edition of The Rundown brought to you from the Canada Science and Technology Museum, we find out how PC gamers can finally play Halo 5, learn what gory fighting game might also be coming to the PC, get the latest on DC's long-in-
development Justice League Dark movie, have some science news with details on a nearby planet that might support human life, and finally, have a round-up of the latest intel on the Battlefield franchise!

Halo 5 is coming to the PC… sort of. Developer 343 Industries has announced that the game’s Forge mode, which allows users to create their own multiplayer maps, is coming to the PC on September 8. The ability to use a mouse and keyboard will give you more control than what was available in the console version of the mode, but that’s not the biggest news. 343 says that PC users will actually be able to play their maps on the PC. Yes, you read that right. The Windows 10 version of Forge will support custom matches for up to 16 players, making this the first time Halo 5 will be playable on the PC. This is something fans have wanted for ages, although keep in mind that PC users will only be able to play the levels created by the Forge community, and they won’t be able to play the game’s single-player campaign either. Halo 5: Forge will be available as a free download from the Windows Store when it launches on September 8.

That’s not the only update coming to Halo 5. Over on the Xbox One, 343 Industries has announced Anvil’s Legacy, a free batch of DLC that includes three new weapons and two new maps, along with new skins. It also launches September 8, and will include updates to the console version of Forge mode so that you’ll be able to browse and play maps created by PC users. The fact that we’re getting any new DLC for Halo 5 is good news; 343 Industries previously hinted that the recent Warzone Firefight update would be the last add-on for the game. We’ll take all the new Halo content we can get.

Halo 5 isn’t the only console game coming to the PC. It looks like Mortal Kombat X, the latest game in the gory fighting franchise, is coming to a computer near you. Franchise co-kreator Ed Boon has tweeted an image of a PC circuit board, and if you look at the caption below the image, the capital letters are MKXL PC. This clearly implies that the game is coming to the PC, and that when it does, it will be the recent XL version, which includes extra DLC fighters and stages. We’ll let you know when the PC version is officially announced. Ed Boon and developer NetherRealm Studios are currently working on the DC fighting game Injustice 2, which arrives next year.
And speaking of dark versions of DC superheroes, movie goers are getting more than one version of the Justice League. Variety reports that The Bourne Identity and Edge of Tomorrow director Doug Liman has come aboard the long-in-development Justice League Dark movie. Like the comics, the film will revolve around a darker version of the Justice League, hence the name, which includes anti heroes like John Constantine, Swamp Thing, and Zatanna. Think of it as a less villainous version of the Suicide Squad. The film has been in the works for many years, with several different filmmakers coming and going. It’s unclear where it will land in the new shared DC cinematic universe, but given how dark the films in the series have already been, Justice League Dark seems like it will fit right in. Doug Liman directing it might come as a bit of a surprise; he was recently attached to helm the X-Men spin-off movie Gambit, but he’s reportedly dropped the Marvel project in favor of this new one from DC. We’ll let you know when more Justice League Dark details come in. The main Justice League movie, which hopefully won’t be too dark, arrives in late 2017.

The nearest habitable planet might be closer than you think. Scientists working for the European Southern Observatory in Chile have discovered an Earth-like planet orbiting our closest neighboring star, Proxima Centauri. At just 4.2 light years away, it’s the closest exoplanet we’ve ever discovered, and it happens to be in the “habitable zone,” indicating that it could have liquid water. If it does, it means humans could potentially live there, and in what might be even cooler, it also means that alien life could have already evolved. Before you start planning your trip, you should know that the planet is 1.3 times the size of Earth, which means its gravity will be heavier than what you’re used to. It would also take our fastest spaceships 70,000 years to get there, although if Einstein’s theory of relativity is anything to go by, a faster ship could get there in just over 4.2 years. Sorry kids, Warp Cores and Hyperdrives don’t exist in real life. Scientists have been discovering more and more Earth-like planets in recent years, so it looks like the universe is a lot less empty than we used to think.

Battlefield veterans and noobs might want to check this out. Take a look at Rush, a new web series inspired by the Battlefield video games. It’s made by the same people behind the popular Corridor Digital YouTube channel, and will tell a classic tale of good vs evil on the battlefield. The filmmakers say that they wanted to capture the feel of the games, and put an emphasis on the same kind of over-the-top action moments that are characteristic of the franchise. Some of the actors in the show might be familiar to gamers, including Steven Ogg, best known as Trevor from GTA V. Rush will be available digitally starting September 20. This isn’t the only Battlefield adaptation on the way. Paramount Television is working with Electronic Arts on a Battlefield TV series, so expect to see that in the next few years.
Speaking of all things Battlefield, EA has announced a Premium Pass for their upcoming game Battlefield 1. It will give players access to all the post-launch DLC, which will include 16 additional maps, 20 new weapons, extra modes, and new vehicles. Loads of content being released as DLC? Yep, pretty standard. All told, there will be four DLC add-ons for Battlefield 1, with the first landing in March 2017. The game itself deploys next month.

source:
EPN.tv

Last edited:
two article's from the same place,(I'm bit late with this ) a little off topic but still related.

Also with

source: http://www.gamezone.com/
GZ_logo-e60bbbfb8172ed2476fe1c65210e382e.svg

[FONT=&quot]Back in 2015, 343 Industries talked decided to remove a longtime feature from the Halo series with Halo 5: Guardians. The feature that didn't make the cut was split-screen, 343 Industries had decided on the removal of split-screen support from the game -- a decision that had been greeted with mixed reaction from fans.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Anyone disappointed with this removal can breathe a sigh of relief, Halo 6 will reintroduce split-screen to the series. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"For any FPS going out forward, we will always have split-screen in," said 43 Industries executive Bonnie Ross at DICE 2017. According to Ross' speech at the event, it had been one of the "painful learnings" that 343 Industries went through with Halo 5, along with The Master Chief Collection's horrible launch.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]These "learnings" were "incredibly painful for the community and us [343 Industries]," said Ross before detailing that the event had somewhat eroded the community's trust in the developer's.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]In fall of 2015, 343 Industries commented on the removal of split-screen and whether or not it would return, saying that it was a conversation they were willing to have. As of then, Halo 6 has been in development.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][GameSpot][/FONT]

Last edited:
Maybe in 2018?!

[FONT=&quot]Xbox boss Phil Spencer appeared on IGN's Unlocked podcast to discuss what the Xbox brand holds in 2017. When asked about the line-up for 2017 and if we'd see a Halo or Gears of War in the mix, Spencer confirmed that we will get neither because their focus is on other games. "It's going to be an interesting year for us because we don't have Gears, we don't have a Halo first-person shooter game."

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Spencer also teased there may be more games beyond the already announced games like Crackdown 3, Sea of Thieves, and State of Decay 2.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"Maybe there's some things that we haven't talked about yet."

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Finally, Spencer discussed the power of the incredibly highly-anticipated Scorpio that was announced last E3. Spencer previously confirmed that Scorpio will be a "premium console" and the price and tech will likely reflect that.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"I am very confident in the quality that I've seen from the games that we're launching and how they look on Scorpio," he said. "When people see games on Scorpio, for those that are close to the detail, they're going to see a demonstrable difference between that and the games that they're playing now--on any console. I know that content has to be the thing that we use to demonstrate the capability of the box."[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]We'll likely hear more about Scorpio sometime around E3 which is this June.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][GameSpot]

[/FONT]

IN THIS ARTICLE

[FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot]Tags:
GEARS OF WARHALOPHIL SPENCERXBOXXBOX ONE
[/FONT]

Xbox One
[FONT=&quot]343 Industries will have “a little something” at E3 2017, but it won’t be Halo 6[/FONT]
Published 1 min ago. 0 comments.

If you're expecting the next major entry in the series, don't.

Halo-6-E3-2017_05-11-17.jpg

Halo series developer 343 Industries will have “a little something” at E3 2017 in Los Angeles next month, but it won’t be related to Halo 6, community manager Brian Jarrard confirmed on Reddit.

“I’ll slip into my Dreamcrusher persona for a minute in the name of realistic expectations: We’ve said this already but we’ll have a little something at E3 but it’s not related to the next major entry in the franchise,” Jarrard said.

E3 2017 runs from June 13 to 15.
Thanks, IGN.
Read More

Xbox One
343 IndustriesE3 2017FPSHalo 6Shooter

source: Gematsu

I think a bit of a gap before Halo 6 would be fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"