Halo Halo 5: Guardians

I agree. I have friends that want to get a One before the Halo hub or whatever comes out. That right there tells me 5 could be big..
What is the Halo hub?

I think the game will have next gen visuals as Halo 4 was a great looking game for last gen (Destiny isn't a long way above it) so I think 343 have a good idea on how to make Halo games look good. And this will be coming out 2 years after launch like Halo 3 at the beginning of the gen when many are looking for that 1st big game that they can replay endlessly to get them to uograde but far enough into it to make a true next gen game.

I can see myself playing it much more than the others and actually trying to get good (more like shooting for average in my case ;) )

I'm done with trying to get "good" again in online games. I used to take it serious but honestly the MLG attitude killed it for me and I just stopped caring.. My goal is to get as many sticky kills as possible. I once finished a Halo 3 gMe with 25+ sticky kills, haha. If there's one thing I am not too excited about the MCC for is the Halo 2 ranking system.. Good heavens people get annoying in regards to that and IMHO it makes games like King of the Hill and Capture the Flag pointless because people forget the objective and just try to kill as many people as possible.

Getting as much stickies was always my goal too, especially on maps that spawned them, like Midship. I would always laugh when I would get a first place in FFA, and it showed my weapon of choice was stickies.

I'm done with trying to get "good" again in online games. I used to take it serious but honestly the MLG attitude killed it for me and I just stopped caring.. My goal is to get as many sticky kills as possible. I once finished a Halo 3 gMe with 25+ sticky kills, haha. If there's one thing I am not too excited about the MCC for is the Halo 2 ranking system.. Good heavens people get annoying in regards to that and IMHO it makes games like King of the Hill and Capture the Flag pointless because people forget the objective and just try to kill as many people as possible.
In FPS's I'm by default quite bad so it's fun trying to get good for me which might be average for regular multiplayer guys. But I always find really good co-op like Gears 2 Horde or Mass Effect 3 more exciting. And I hate when there are incentives to get kills more than the objective in objective game modes.

Getting as much stickies was always my goal too, especially on maps that spawned them, like Midship. I would always laugh when I would get a first place in FFA, and it showed my weapon of choice was stickies.
Sounds like my kind of gameplan!

[YT]nAqUBQKOLAA[/YT]
Very cool. But how do we get this? Does everyone get it automatically or do you have to buy MCC or something else?

That's really got me excited for it! I'm glad they're going to so much effort on these remasters. I hope if we get Mass Effect ones we see as much care going into them.

Here's an article that confirms no armor abilities: http://teambeyond.net/halo-5-guardians-wont-armor-abilities/

Awesome! I'm hoping we get equipment like Halo 1-3
  • Active Camo (none of that "move slow" ******** either)
  • Overshield
  • Grav Lift OR a cross between thruster pack and jet pack (with three bursts)
  • Bubble shield but vehicles can't enter it
  • Power Drain
  • Speedboost (Custom Game only)
  • Damageboost (Custom Game only)
  • Regen (Custom Game only)
  • radar jammer (Custom Game only)
  • flare (Custom Game only)
  • auto turret (Custom Game only)
  • trip mine (Custom Game only)

Everything would be a 1 time use, with the exception of the thruster/jetpack which would give you three short bursts.

Would also be nice to have plasma and frags on every map, and flame, promethean and spike depending on the maps - I would also like to be able to hold up to 8 grenades, with a maximum of 4 of a specific kind.

And for the love of God, get rid of the DMR and bring back the classic BR.

The Halo Chanel will be an app I believe that we can download. I think it hits either the day before or the same day as the MCC.

I don't think the DMR will come back. I hated that thing, with its bloom and sound. Such a loud and obnoxious gun.

If you use headphones at all, you'll notice that it hurts your ears compared to the other sound effects in the games. Yes, guns are supposed to be loud, but when that gun drowns out everything else, just for the sake of being loud, it's kind of a problem. Same thing with snipers in BO2. If you get into a sniper lobby, your ears will start to hurt form all the sniper gunfire.

If it was just as loud as the other guns, I wouldn't have a problem, cause you could just lower the overall volume. But in this case, you can't do that.

If you use headphones at all, you'll notice that it hurts your ears compared to the other sound effects in the games. Yes, guns are supposed to be loud, but when that gun drowns out everything else, just for the sake of being loud, it's kind of a problem. Same thing with snipers in BO2. If you get into a sniper lobby, your ears will start to hurt form all the sniper gunfire.

If it was just as loud as the other guns, I wouldn't have a problem, cause you could just lower the overall volume. But in this case, you can't do that.

Iv come to the conclusion that game devs just make DMR's lame for the hell of it, particularly their sound. Battlefield suffers from a similar issue where the DMR's just sound dumb.

My biggest problem with the DMR is that it was meant to be a prototype for the BR - why is it present during the events of Halo 4?! Also, why was the BR softened to have DMR as an alternative? Just drop the DMR and give us the classic BR.

After looking at the playlist options, I think I'm gonna either wait for this game to come down in price, or not buy it at all. Very disappointed in the playlist options. I wont even enjoy the MP games I wanted to replay, as there are no playlists that look interesting for HCE and classic H2. Plus, I'm picking up COD and Smash U, so I'll have that to play.

Maybe I'll change my mind, but I'm really bummed by those launch playlists.

The Halo Chanel will be an app I believe that we can download. I think it hits either the day before or the same day as the MCC.
Thanks, it looks great.

After looking at the playlist options, I think I'm gonna either wait for this game to come down in price, or not buy it at all. Very disappointed in the playlist options. I wont even enjoy the MP games I wanted to replay, as there are no playlists that look interesting for HCE and classic H2. Plus, I'm picking up COD and Smash U, so I'll have that to play.

Maybe I'll change my mind, but I'm really bummed by those launch playlists.

You Kray-kray.

Halo: TMCC has gone gold.

HjuXYIOMWU2_fylG1zrNnywBjHbwVZKKcSwMhwMsn1kCR4BeJ8MmwlLIwSdb4A0Nr74R67J0zYM04S-0GEZFbw5lNMxNI72qaxfSUL0VaoWCWWQdT29oWKfWAolqLVE4I_ork_Yx8HZnw3R8xCqIUC4F1wHcB5Muj1OnfN-nLyLAsXgKHDcW_kbHDto=w212-h256-nc

This Nightfall looks amazing!

Xbox One
First footage of Halo 5: Guardians multiplayer
Published 4 mins ago. 0 comments.

Plus, some mega ginormous screenshots.
Halo-5_11-10-14.jpg

Microsoft shared first footage and details of Halo 5: Guardians‘ multiplayer component at HaloFest this evening.
Spartans are soldiers of speed and total destruction, and 343 is bringing that into the gameplay of Halo 5‘s multiplayer with a new set of Spartan abilities.
These include:

• Thruster Pack - You have these little retro rockets built into your Spartan armor which you can use as a speed boost while running. Or you can use it in mid-air. You can go back, forward—in all directions, essentially.
  • Ground Pound - An ability where you jump and slam down to the ground, creating a shockwave splash effect.
  • Clamber - When you jump up, you can mount on top of edges by hitting the clamber button. This is useful when trying to just about making the jump.
  • Slide - Once you reach terminal velocity while sprinting, you’ll get an indication. If you hit the crouch button during that time, you’ll launch into a slide. You can slide into cover, slide into cover with a shotgun, or to charge.
  • Charge - Hit the melee button to bash through anyone.
  • Sprint - “There are people that love sprint and there are people that feel sprint has no place in Halo. For us, it was about ‘how do we balance that, how do we counter that?'” Sprint is connected to your shields, so while you’re sprinting your shields won’t recharge.
  • Smart Scope - Smart Scope fiction has been built into the game since day one. You were doing it with the pistol and it was cybernetically linked to your helmet, showing the Spartan what was ultimately just a zoom. Every weapon now has a zoom in, showing a holographic image. Hip-fire mode is “accurate, the same as it ever was.”
You’ll be able to test these abilities yourself when the Halo 5 multiplayer beta begins late next month. You can gain access to the beta by purchasing Halo: The Master Chief Collection, which is out in just a few minutes on the east coast of the U.S.
Watch the new Halo 5 footage below.

[YT]k96NK5moXyg[/YT]

[YT]8NVtOhoHe4A[/YT]

View some screenshots at the gallery.
visit gallery »

Read More

Xbox One, 343 Industries, Clips, FPS, Gameplay, Halo 5: Guardians, Microsoft, Multiplayer, Screenshots, Shooter

Five Major Ways Halo 5: Guardians Changes The Series’ Multiplayer

Feature
on Nov 10, 2014 at 11:01 PM
xboxone-icon.png

Halo 5: Guardians gives Spartans new tricks and tools to claim victory.
... More

source: Gematsu& GI

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"